COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Hiker!

I have started to work on muscle building which, like you said, would help with controlling possible sagging skin. Although I am not suffering from majorly sagging skin right now, I am making sure to do preventative measures. My weight loss now is not as drastic as it had been within the first 30 days and has leveled out to a pretty decent pace... so we will see what happens over the Primal Challenge days and beyond!
    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
      These were some of the words that came out of his mouth:

1. Remarkable Results
      2. I don’t know what to say
      3. These are AMAZING results
      4. I just don’t understand
      5. I have never seen anything like this

1. Blood Pressure 114/76 NORMAL (Was borderline Stage 1/Stage 2 Hyper Tension 1 month ago)
      2. HGBA1c – 5.2 NORMAL (was 7.0 one month ago)
      3. Glucose – 95 NORMAL (was 278 one month ago)
      12. Triglycerides – 126 NORMAL (Was 497 one month ago)
      So I stop reading other people's journals for one week (gotta get off the internet so much!) and suddenly there are like 50 new pages on your journal and this! Frikkin amazing!!!! I'm so glad you shared this. Just out of this world turnaround!
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Sagging skin

I read something today by a fitness guru?? that said pinch the skin on the back of your hand. (this assumes you do not have pudgy hands) See how thin it is? If what you are calling sagging skin is any thicker than the skin on the back of your hand, you still have fat to lose and you are sagging from muscle loss. Keep losing fat and building muscle and you will get rid of this. He claims even folks on surgery induced diets do not have to have sagging skin no matter how big they were.

I confess this is hard to believe but I am going with it as I am in my sixties and assumed I would be sagging.

We shall see

Thanks for your great thread, I have enjoyed following you.

Comment

• Thanks MamaGrok & PrimalMaven!!

Wow, that is interesting about the back the hand skin.... I will definitely keep my eye on doing that and see what it yields in time! Thanks again!
          sigpic

Comment

• Ok, so.... I was supposed to be on the road 4 hours.... instead, my dumb azz misplaced the keys today and we have torn apart this place and the vehicle from head to toe with no luck...... instead of getting aggro about it I am going to just get it re-keyed this evening and any bit of residual & costly aggravation at this inconvenience will result in me just doing another 100 wall push ups, 100 band curls and 100 Tricep Presses..... yeah, I think that will help balance me out..... see, yet again, making the best of the situations and challenges put before me.
            sigpic

Comment

• I just wanted to say that I LOVE your journal!
              I've just spent all evening reading through it.
              It inspired me to start my own.

You are awesome!
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Hello winencandy!!! Thank you so much and I LOVE your screenname! LOL Wine and Candy (Primal approved candy of course) go perfect together! LOL

I am very happy and humbled that you are inspired by my story and that you are going to start your own journal! That is absolutely amazing! I look forward to seeing your progress and adventures as you delve into the Primal world!!

Thanks again!
                sigpic

Comment

• Excellent result with your friend...nice that they were worried for you though.

Comment

• Thank you!

Yeah, I have been truly blessed at the close circle of friends I have in my life!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 09-09-2010, 08:41 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Oh wow!

Despite losing jeep keys, paying to get the jeep re-keyed this evening, being late for getting on the road for my event and just all around having difficulties.... I received a very cool private message from Mark Sisson this evening!

He first sent me a private message about 14 days or so of me being Primal..... it was shortly after I posted my Before & During Pic (as seen here on my journal on page 3) and when I started posting my videos..... he contacted me to tell me that he enjoyed my enthusiasm and was very happy to see and hear about my results with weight loss and such and really liked my videos. He also asked if he could post my story on his success stories area here on MDA! I was happy but truly humbled at the compliment and his request.

I felt as though this honor was a bit premature as I had only been on PB for barely 2 weeks or so. Then, this evening I get yet another personal message from Mark.

In this message he answered some questions I had about PrimalCon and then said that my "enthusiasm is contagious" and that they "thought that me telling my story would be effective in front of the general, skeptical public." He then followed that by saying, "I'd love to count on you for an interview/ success story, or even for a speaking gig."

I had to sit down after reading that........ I would never had imagined that..... not on a million years. I have been truly blessed by all of those that have been reading and/or inspired by my journal, videos, pics and results..... it is YOU that motivate the hell out of me and fuel my enthusiasm to make the positive changes in my life and to re-claim my health.

So, I sent Mark an message back thanking him and letting him know whatever he needs.... I am here... anytime, anywhere. Woot!

(Happy Grok Dance.....Booty Shake.... Happy Grok Dance)
                        Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 09-09-2010, 08:44 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• *dancing right along side you*

I am sorry for your misfortunes today--I would like to think that they are preventing you from a car accident or something far worse just by keeping you home a bit longer than planned...

As for the Mark thing-Do I really need to say how I feel!? I am so incredibly impressed by you it is impossible to put into words... So really all I can say is if anyone deserves this, you do! Hell if I could afford it I would fly you out here to present to deaf people about it and I could just interpret instead of having to be fuel and fire...

You are pretty amazing my friend and once again I feel immensely blessed to have met you and to know you and can't wait to see where this life takes you... and me for that matter!

Keep on Grokin because no one can do it for you! (As you well know)

You make my heart bubble with happiness!

Happy Day, even tho it wasn't all happy, there is balance!

Okay I am so done now-this was the most serious (2nd most serious) post I have done... a bit over my quota.

*DANCE DANCE DANCE*
                          Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wow Manda....... that is now two things this evening that have blown me away! Thank you so much for that!
                            sigpic

Comment

• FINALLY! They locksmith re-keyed our vehicle.... we are fully packed and will be ready to roll within about an hour or so. I figure if we get out of here by midnight..... pending no more set backs.... we should get to our destination by 6am or 7am tomorrow.... set up and be ready for our players at noon..... it is going to be a longggg shift. Normally I would be in bed by now.... if I am lucky I will get my rest tomorrow evening unless I sneak in some Grok naps throughout.
                              sigpic

Comment

• You know, Mark is right, but your enthusiasm is not only contagious, it's addicting!

I'm just glad you use your powers for good and not evil!

Safe trip!

Toodles!
                                It isn't that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better."
                                ~~Sir Francis Drake

Comment

Working...
                                X