COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LessofMimi View Post
    Mine were pretty close. My blood sugar got near 400 last year. Going to sub-20-grams of carbs per day, I got off all my diabetes meds within a month. Thanks to going Primal, my BG got even better. Last fasting # was 79. A1C was 5.2. Non-diabetic #'s. It works.
    The last time I went to the doc's and my A1C had gone from 7.1 to 5.3 he was shocked. He asked me what I had done. Instead of being a smartass and saying, "the exact opposite of what you told me to do" I said I was controlling my carbs. He had told me at my last appointment that he didn't even care if I checked my BS numbers, that the A1C was all he cared about. My cholesterol numbers were down as well. He said to keep up the good work. I let him think it was partly his idea...LOL.

twoidhd

Comment

• Originally posted by twoidhd View Post
      The last time I went to the doc's and my A1C had gone from 7.1 to 5.3 he was shocked. He asked me what I had done. Instead of being a smartass and saying, "the exact opposite of what you told me to do" I said I was controlling my carbs. He had told me at my last appointment that he didn't even care if I checked my BS numbers, that the A1C was all he cared about. My cholesterol numbers were down as well. He said to keep up the good work. I let him think it was partly his idea...LOL.

twoidhd
      I'm one of those painfully honest people. My doctor's know exactly what I'm doing. I know I've got at least one letter in my medical file about being a problem patient. Last round of blood tests came back and my doctor stopped giving me that 'look' that said "I'm waiting to say I told you so, so kick it already". Even doing other LC programs I didn't see the level of results that Primal has brought.
      Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
      http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
      Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• That is awesome that everyone is having such great results. I have been bouncing off the walls today in anticipation for tomorrow..... I am really hoping to see drastic changes!!!
        sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• TFG, I just read your whole journal in one sitting.... very inspiring. Thank you!! I'll be back I need to keep inspiration in front of me - going primal was so good for me, no more migraines or joint issues or gut problems... I've been letting things slide, though, and I know I need to get back on track. This is so encouraging!
          s

Comment

• Just read your journal for the first time, TFG, awesome work!
            I'll be keeping an eye on your vlogs as well.
            (Thanks for dropping a line on my journal too )
            Chris

Comment

• Best of luck tomorrow, TFG.
              Hope you make the docs piss on themselves
              Even if you don't (quite), YOU know you're on the right path!

Comment

• You all are awesome! Thanks!!
                sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• I love scotch eggs so I'm looking forward to your next installment!
                    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Woo hoo! Fingers crossed for you. I hope your results are all that you anticipate. But even if they aren't, you know that you've found the right path, as well as the right tribe who will cheer you along all the way. Take care.
                      If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

• Hi TAWFunGuy! I've been following your thread for a while and have enjoyed it! I hope you do the video to 'I wanna be a Grokstar', I'd love to see your couch on fire! *lol*
                        I'm starting my own Primal Challenge on Sept 1st and have been inspired by you to post some videos too, my first one will be tomorrow.
                        Thank you so much for your infectious positive outlook on life; you’re a wonderful inspiration and your results are just amazing! WOW!

I can't wait to see your numbers tomorrow! Tell that doc that even though he went to school for a gazillion years there's still more to learn!
                        "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

"Excuses are like asses, some are just bigger than others" Kathryn Martyn Smith

Comment

• TFG - Good luck tomorrow with the VA. Geez, they may have you redo the blood work because of the low numbers, rather than admit that diet and lifestyle changes can impact it in such a short time.
                          "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!" - You bet, I stole it!

Date: 9/14/11
                          Current Weight: 151.2
                          Inches: 360.25
                          Body Fat %: 32.7

Comment

• Awesome!! Thank you so much for the support! I will keep everyone posted! Also, my son and I just walked to the store to get the supplies for the Scotch Eggs.... when he is done with his homework he is going to help film it..... it will probably be a 2 part video.... but I am making them tonight so I can have them for breakfast in the morning before going to the VA!! LOL Woohoo!!! You all Grok!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• G'DAY as a 61 year old Viet Nam Vet who thought i was in good health and fit, being a soccer referee, i was diagnosed with high BP and Type 2 before last Christmas. While still taking medication for both i started Katate classes with my grand daughters. I can say that my Blood Pressure; has settled down and my resting pulse rate is now 60 or below. My other diabetes indicators are also showing an improvement in the 8 months i have been going to classes. My respects for your service mate. Good luck on your journey; btw i also have PTSD diagnosed in 1997. oink, tony
                                Last edited by ozgrunt; 08-31-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X