No announcement yet.

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFG - Sorry about your food allergy but thumbs up on the speaking engagement. Your rock. That traffic sucks - small town gal doesn't like traffic like that.

FWIW I made the mint bark tonight and either my taster is still not 100% (I've been fighting the K R U D) or my mint's extracts were done sucked out by the liqueur that I made. At any rate, I drained my peppermint extract bottle and still don't have that flavor as intense as I want. Too late now. It's bagged up and ready to be given away.

Planning to make the chocolate covered bacon soon. Thinking of snipping the bacon into bits and frying it, draining, and then covering in chocolate. Breaking apart like bark. Seems a lot easier, and right now I need easy.
    Last edited by hiker; 12-15-2010, 11:21 PM.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!" - You bet, I stole it!

Date: 9/14/11
    Current Weight: 151.2
    Inches: 360.25
    Body Fat %: 32.7

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Your encouragement definitely helps keep me going!!!

So, todays update so far.....

My Abs and hip flexors are screaming today after the EA Active 2 core workout I did night before last (yesterday was our rest day). I am REALLY looking forward to when the last of my tummy bulge goes away and my abs (although not developed..... yet) start to come through. I am guessing I have about 7-10 lbs left on my midsection to go. I have seen a little reduction in inches over the last week or two.... mostly just about a quarter inch here and there but the weight has not been dropping which means I am going to look at what I have been doing and see where I need to make a change.

I do know that I want to start walking again as the days, although brisk, have been gorgeous so I might as well take advantage of it as I am sure that might fire up the fat burning again.

Although my weight seems to have slowed down with losing over these past weeks, my goal will be to lose at least 6-8 lbs by this time next month. This next month, I am mostly concentrating on my core which without a doubt is my weakest part..... but I remain optimistic LOLOL

I will probably be firing up Endomondo again for when I do my walks and maybe create a couple challenges. Anyone up to join me?
      sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Here shortly, I think I am going to go stretch my legs out and go for a much needed walk. Then it will be time to cook dinner..... it is a toss up between Venison and Pork Chops.... hell, who knows.... maybe Venison Stuffed Pork Chops or visa versa LOL
        sigpic

Comment

• If you happen to have a piece of venison jerky left on Monday, I would give an eye tooth to try a bite.

Venison stuffed pork chops sounds great. If it's wrapped in bacon.
          Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
          http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
          Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• I will see what survives LOL
            sigpic

Comment

• Ok, just spent the last 15 minutes working out on my core...... OMG they are sore as all hell! I want to slap the person that came up with the phrase, NO PAIN NO GAIN! LOL

All in all it was a fantastic day today and I am looking forward to tomorrow! I have made a commitment to myself to work out on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. I am using EA Sports Active 2 as my main exercise routines for the next couple weeks then will change up to P90X or RevAbs. I am having fun changing up the routines so as to not make it monotonous...... I would love to see the start of my abs before the end of next month.... maybe I will ask Santa for them for XMas hahahaha!
              sigpic

Comment

• I prefer the phrase: "Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• That too is a very good one!

Well, TGIF!! I can barely move this morning from last night's work out that focused on my Abs.... but it definitely will be worth it in the end I am sure. One of the main things that is helping is the fact that my family is along side of me through out all of this. Having them Primal and interested in working out makes this much easier for me to continue.

Last night, the wifey even challenged other members of her side of the family to lose weight and get more healthy. Almost all of them though, have no desire to go Primal which is a shame especially as they have SEEN just how well living and eating Primal helps. However, they did accept the challenge which goes until June 1st. Which ever family household loses the most combined weight, those that didn't will have to spend the money to travel to visit the winners LOL Our family is spread throughout the US and in Germany. Hmmmm, is it really fair? LOLOL Us (Primal) versus them (CW) in a fat loss and health contests...... hahahha We are soooo on it!

This morning's breakfast is going to be saute' Venison in butter with a touch of garlic (medium rare) along with a couple eggs and even some saute' onions. Oh yeah, THAT is a great way to start off the morning!

This evening, I will FINALLY get a change to sit down and catch up on all the journals I have missed. These past couple weeks or so have just been so hectic I had not got the chance to sit down and enjoy reading them. However, I will be getting back to it because it helps keep me focused and on track.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Great challenge idea!! Kick some butt, D.

Comment

• Thanks Mel!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Holy cow, just reading about your ab workout hurt me, ha ha

That is great that the family is taking the challenge. Don't be surprised if they slowly switch over to the primal way. I have been low carbing for about 7 years or so, and I never thought anyone in my family would take the plunge. Slowly but surely they are starting.

Comment

• I haven't been keeping up with your journal but it sounds like great progress. Funny how you are now focused on such minor things now, compared to before.

Continuous improvement is good. Don't be disappointed in anything. Tiny continuous improvment = massive improvement over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
                            Last night, the wifey even challenged other members of her side of the family to lose weight and get more healthy. Almost all of them though, have no desire to go Primal which is a shame especially as they have SEEN just how well living and eating Primal helps. However, they did accept the challenge which goes until June 1st. Which ever family household loses the most combined weight, those that didn't will have to spend the money to travel to visit the winners LOL Our family is spread throughout the US and in Germany. Hmmmm, is it really fair? LOLOL Us (Primal) versus them (CW) in a fat loss and health contests...... hahahha We are soooo on it!
                            When is the start date? Keep in mind (because of the success you've already encountered) that you would be starting at a DISadvantage if this challenge begins now (as opposed to 4 months ago). You simply have less body fat and fewer health issues to work with!

Comment

• Just popping by to give you a big hug, TFG <3

Comment

• Hey, good luck with the family challenge! Although I might just loose on purpose just to have an excuse to go back to Germany...

How was your chicken salad?

Comment

Working...
                                X