No announcement yet.

COUNTDOWN TO LOIN CLOTH - TAWFunGuy's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So tonight after dinner, we were feeling a bit... "snacky".... but what to eat we thought. Then, sitting there on my kitchen counter was our big pumpkin that never got carved.... calling out to me..... so, with a knife and a steady hand I cut up half of it into small cubes.... coated them in Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Paprika, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, a little Garlic Powder and a touch of Cumin.

Here is what it looked like before going into the oven at 350 until roasted......

Unfortunately, there will not be an after baking pic because my family and I devoured it!!
    sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Well, it is Monday morning, 12:03am..... will be heading to bed in just a few moments to get some sleep...... then when I wake up.... ass kickin time as it is DAY 1 of my personal 30 DAY TONING CHALLENGE! Today also marks day 95 of me being Primal!! Woot! My goal is to have more definition than I do now and the start of my ABS... LOL
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
        Well, it is Monday morning, 12:03am..... will be heading to bed in just a few moments to get some sleep...... then when I wake up.... ass kickin time as it is DAY 1 of my personal 30 DAY TONING CHALLENGE! Today also marks day 95 of me being Primal!! Woot! My goal is to have more definition than I do now and the start of my ABS... LOL
        Hey Mr. Inspiration! Mr. Inspiro-Man. The Inspiration Machine? I dunno.

ANYwho, I just finished my first 30 days of Primality today! I see that you are starting Day One of a new challenge yourself. I need a new challenge, since I haven't worked out one jot since starting PB. Maybe I will take a page from your book and go on a Fitness Quest for the next 30 days. I am such a lazy bum that I think this will be more of a challenge than converting from vegetarianism. I am excited to follow your workouts, and try to adapt them for myself.
        ~ Ex-Herbivore Goes Carnivore: Jazmin's PB Journal ~

Comment

• Hey big guy, just read your post on the olive trees and just a little tip: make sure you harvest them before the sodding birds get them. Happens to us every year with our 3 little olive trees, (I'm half Greek so gotta have a bit of meditteranean in the garden) they grow fruit, green, then they go black, think "gosh must go and harvest them and brine them" then before we know it, the birds have feasted themselves on our crop....well at least I think it's the birds?
          They do the same things with our damsons as well but luckily we beat the little bastards to it last year and made a few pots of jam - alas I won' t be eating jam anymore sob!

Comment

• Thanks Jazmin! It would be great to have you jump on board and join in on the challenge and we can root each other on!!

Thanks for the tip Shadgal! I am so excited about harvesting the olives!!! More so when they are done brining!!! hehehe
            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all my wonderful Primal friends!!! I hope today is an awesome day for all of you no matter what part of the world you are at!

Today is DAY1 of me starting my own challenge..... 30 Day Toning Challenge to me more specific in which I want to start toning up now that I have lost 32+ lbs. I am not expecting to get uber ripped during these 30 days, however, I want to have definite tone and the start of my abs..... I know I have a long way to go and it will take longer than 30 days, but it is ok, I have a lifetime to perfect and sculpt the body I want! However, the time is NOW to start the sculpting!

I don't have the desire to pay for a gym membership nor live at a gym 24/7..... that may be for some which is ok, but not me. I will be working out once in the morning for 20-30 minutes and once in the late afternoon/early evening if my life schedule permits but I will be diligent and strong in my resolve to stick with it.

Now, some of the specifics of what to expect here on my journal..... I plan to share with you what exact I am doing for my "work outs" as well as will offer insight to my experiences and hurdles as well as what I am eating & drinking during this time so you can see what it is taking for me to lose the fat and start getting tones up. The plan is also to post up pics and videos.... hopefully on a bit more consistent basis!

Something cool..... my wifey has been doing the hovering Primal.... where she is somewhat shadowing me while I live the Primal life and she is starting to transition into 90-100% Primal... slowly but surely and I am extremely happy because she is joining me (as much as she can with her schedule) on my 30 Day Toning Challenge! So, I thought I would let her pick what kind of work out we would do workout wise in the mornings (She only plans to work out in the AM).... she picked out her old work out videos called Slim in 6. Since she is just starting to work out, it is a great started and we did it together. The video lasted about 25 minutes.

Later this afternoon/ early evening, I am going to do my wall push ups & some planks.... may throw a couple other things in there but we will see and I will post up the specifics when I do them!

I AM EXCITED!!!!!! This is gonna GRRRROOOOOKKKK!!!!! Grunt! Grunt! Grunt!
              sigpic

Comment

• BEtween you and Kuno this catch up game was LONNNG! That'll teach me!

Everything sounds splendid... the pumpkin looked divine!

Missed your enthusiasm!

Manda
                Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Baking up some more pumpkin and going to make a pumpkin smoothie a little bit later! Then, going to throw in my Spiced Pork Ribs into the oven so when LessofMimi gets here, we can grub, chat, hang out as well as plot and plan! Woot! It is going to be a blast!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• I'm so pleased to hear that your wife is joining you! It must be great to have this WOL to share with a partner, instead of being on your own.

Good luck with the next 30 days!

Comment

• Way coolz! I'm looking forward to following your workouts n' stuff and how you go about it.

That totally rocks that your wife is on board with you. That's fantastic!

Comment

• Thanks Lindsey & Diana!

The support is awesome! Thank you gals for cheering me on!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TAWFUNGUY View Post
                          For my Evo.... I use the following Apps for pedometer, distance tracker, etc:

1. Endomondo
                          2. Cardio Trainer Pro

I am sure that both of those apps are available for BB as well. Endomondo also ties in your phone app to online and is a great tracking tool!
                          thanks TFG - I'll check them out. - Hiker
                          "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!" - You bet, I stole it!

Date: 9/14/11
                          Current Weight: 151.2
                          Inches: 360.25
                          Body Fat %: 32.7

Comment

• Today has been a great day! LessofMimi came over and we hung out while I cooked. I made her my fresh roasted pumpkin pie power smoothie and then made my spiced rub pork ribs with a side of saute' onions, yellow squash and Roma tomatoes with oregano, sea salt & pepper. Then we hung out some more, laughed and battle planned more strategies to get closer to our Grok Body Goals!

I still feel my muscles a tad sore from working out this morning and will be working my abs this evening a little later for about 20-30 mins max.
                            sigpic

Comment

• let me know if you would Hiker if they work for you.... if not will see if I can suggest any others for you!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Excited also about Thanksgiving coming up..... working on making a full blown Primal dinner! Oh yeah, soon we will all get our grok grub on! LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X