No announcement yet.

Bane's Quest For Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah? Awesome. I must have missed that.

It's actually going to be kind of a bitch. That was a pretty nice "break" during my last run - I'd have an apple and a handful of cashews or macadamias as a bedtime snack. I ate quite a few grapes, too.

Guess I'll have to swap in more meat and veggies. I might have to try to discover a few new ways to eat those things.

Comment

• I'm tempted, but 1) sounds like hell 2) I don't have the willpower 3) don't wanna.
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• I'm also curious Bane - at this point, what are your goals besides fucking with everybody? I mean you have like 10% body fat and a 14 pack, and you look like you could bang out 30 chinups easy. Without really exercising that much, and on a diet of mainly bacon.
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Originally posted by tfarny View Post
          I'm tempted, but 1) sounds like hell 2) I don't have the willpower 3) don't wanna.
          All perfectly good reasons not to do it! You're doing SL 5x5 though still, right? I wouldn't do it either.

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
          I'm also curious Bane - at this point, what are your goals besides fucking with everybody? I mean you have like 10% body fat and a 14 pack, and you look like you could bang out 30 chinups easy. Without really exercising that much, and on a diet of mainly bacon.
          As I said, just wanting to stay lean for the trip, maybe lose a few pounds of flab that I put on in the last month of treading water and having my 20% and 80% slowly change places. Like a slap in the face to get myself going.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back from the trip and getting into SL 5x5 or something very similar, and eating a big calorie surplus every day. That's going to be fun.

I'm not trying to fuck with anybody, just putting this stuff down here to keep me accountable to myself. If these crazy bastards want to join me on this crazy thing that's their problem!

Comment

• I'm going to try the hardcore Bane 20 and hopefully that will turn into 30. Iniquity you can do this.

Comment

• Adventure are you going all out or???

Comment

• Oh yeah, like I said I am game for doing it all out, except for the occasional bit of booze on the weekends while partying.

SL 5x5s is fun Bane, come join us.....ONE OF US...ONE OF US
                My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

• SL 5x5 took way too long.. 3x5 is where it's at.

I'm doing this. I wanna get in the habit of smoking but NOT eating. I'm gonna try to not even eat primal stuff, gonna try to fast through them. I'm hoping to learn how to suppress the hunger or maybe have it not show up at all (i'm talking to ya, ghrelin) because I gotta be honest with myself and admit that, unless I get an awesome job that drug tests, I'm going to keep smoking weed. I like it, it chills me out, it makes me work out like a beast, and the only downside is that I eat like the kid at fat camp that hides chips under his bed. I need to learn to be strict with myself when I'm under the influence, so for the next 20 days I'm going to fast everytime I smoke. I'll allow only water and tea.

This is going to fucking suck. A lot.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Actually after some digging around and talking to a few folks (tfarny answered a few questions a while back) I decided on Starting Strength. I just typed SL up there without thinking.

Actually again, specifically, I'm looking at the Practical Programming Novice Program from Starting Strength. I have lots of time until I start that though, so it could change. But I really like the look of that program.

Holy shit iniQuity, that's a pretty hardcore thing to try out. Maybe tfarny is right and I am fucking with all of you. I hope I don't wind up getting someone killed here.

I should have a waiver for this journal or something. hahaha

Seriously boys, I have a feeling this little group of ours is going to kick some serious ass over the next 3 weeks.

Comment

• Yep, but I'm on Starting Strength, NOT SL 5x5, until I can deadlift 315 for 5 reps. That seems like a good minimum for a fit guy. Not that I'm daring you or anything...

edit - we cross=posted.

Comment

• I'm really going to try to get there, but I've majorly hurt my lower back doing deads before so I'm pretty tentative about them. I'm going to start really light and get my form bang-on, then really slowly up the weights.

How long have you been at the deads, and how much are you lifting right now?

Comment

• OK, food log for today:

Meal 1 (12pm)
                          • 1 cup of lettuce
                          • 1/2 can of tuna
                          • 5 cherry tomatoes
                          • sliced turkey breast & ham (3 slices)
                          • hard boiled egg
                          • carrot sticks

Meal 2 (6pm, post-workout)
                          • 7 oz roasted whole chicken (guessing - 1 drumstick, 1 wing, just over half a breast, + some skin)
                          • 1/2 can green beans
                          • 1.5 medium yams

Meal 3 (9pm)
                          • 1/4 lb hamburger patty
                          • .5 medium yam

Funny, this is probably one of my higher carb healthy eating days in ages. About 130g of carbs here, almost all from the yams. At least the majority of them were post workout. My lunch was not that good today - not nearly enough protein. Ran out of time to make something good, but I cooked up some meat tonight so that won't happen again.

Workout today was a pretty quick one, but I pushed it pretty hard. Alternated sets of max pushups and australian pullups (horizontal push and pull) for 5 sets each. For the pulls I had my heels up high on a box so I was a little beyond horizontal when my arms were extended. Holding onto rope loops hooked to the rafter in my basement. With the 2 hours of hard shoveling today, my back will be pretty sore tomorrow and the next day.

Tomorrow: jack up the meat content, limit myself to one yam. I want protein up around a gram per pound of bodyweight.
                          Last edited by Bane; 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            SL 5x5 took way too long.. 3x5 is where it's at.
                            So true, I am in the gym for at least a half hour before even getting halfway done with my workout; usually end up spending around an hour in there when I lift.

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                            Yep, but I'm on Starting Strength, NOT SL 5x5, until I can deadlift 315 for 5 reps. That seems like a good minimum for a fit guy. Not that I'm daring you or anything...

edit - we cross=posted.
                            I will probably end up switching over myself in the coming months, I just don't want to start program hoping, planning to give SL about 6 months before transitioning.
                            My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

• I think SL helped me a lot though, both with patience (I started with empty bar, so I had to get over myself quickly just to train in general) and also it is probably a safe way to ensure your tendons and joints will get strong along with your muscles. If I were to go back to lifting though I'd do 3x5 with bodyweight work thrown in there too.

Sipping some black coffee with taste-less coconut oil in it is a good way to start the morning. If you can get Spectrum brand coconut oil get the refined kind, great for cooking and drinking, no coconut flavor which is a huge plus for me. Doesn't even smell like coconut.

I wasn't sober when I wrote the paragraph above, so I made the decision to fast through being stoned while being stoned. I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself yet or not ha. At least last night's smoke session went well in the fasting dept.

Uncalled for PS/FYI: I also did not masturbate, which is something I almost always do when I'm high. I wonder if by trying to deal with hunger (which I did feel, and I was watching a docu on weed that said it triggers it even with a full stomach) I just attempted to shut off any desire or pleasure trigger. Too son to tell of course, but I think I might be on to something. I'm sure there's some sicko study that has linked getting off on food and getting off in general as being pretty similar.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                                I wasn't sober when I wrote the paragraph above, so I made the decision to fast through being stoned while being stoned. I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself yet or not ha. At least last night's smoke session went well in the fasting dept.

Uncalled for PS/FYI: I also did not masturbate, which is something I almost always do when I'm high. I wonder if by trying to deal with hunger (which I did feel, and I was watching a docu on weed that said it triggers it even with a full stomach) I just attempted to shut off any desire or pleasure trigger. Too son to tell of course, but I think I might be on to something. I'm sure there's some sicko study that has linked getting off on food and getting off in general as being pretty similar.
                                well, really? I am trying to work out if I should smoke regularly or not LOL maybe have sex when you are high - combat both urges?

Comment

Working...
                                X