Bane's Quest For Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha.

This marriage business sounds pretty depressing ;-)

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bane View Post
      It's probably the only way I'm going to get into them.
      this 20 day thing should shred you up... I have half a mind to do it, but maybe in march to kick start the summer body quest ... I always start too late.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• iniQuity lets do this for 20 days and then we'll sneak in 10 more. I started today!

Comment

• I could probably stand to drop a few pounds before heading to the beach, hoping this helps a little there.

I've put some weight back on, weighing in most days around 167-168. I think a bit of that is muscle though, since I don't feel like there is 7-8 pounds more fat on me. Feeling pretty good about things, but I can tell there's a hint more cover on the ol' belly than there was at the end of my Whole30. I managed to sneak in quite a few cheats in the past month, and let's just say I'll be getting a few bucks back in liquor bottle returns to the depot this weekend.

Anyway, half a day in and feeling awesome. The black coffee thing is going to be super easy this time around, because we got one of those Bosch Tassimo coffee machines:

I picked up some Starbucks espresso discs and had a couple shots of that this morning. I'll make up one shot, then run a little extra water through to make kind of an americano. Or is that a long espresso? I don't know, but it's awesome.

Skipped breakfast and had a salad for lunch with cherry tomatoes, lettuce, a few pieces of rolled up turkey breast and ham, a hard boiled egg, and half a can of tuna. Munched on a few carrot sticks after that.

I also started my day with 2 hours of pretty rigorous shoveling. I didn't just get it done, I did it like it was a CrossFit WOD. Good times.
          Last edited by Bane; 01-17-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jedward2 View Post
            iniQuity lets do this for 20 days and then we'll sneak in 10 more. I started today!
            Do it man! This next 20 days will be awesome if there are a few people on board here.

Comment

Do it man! This next 20 days will be awesome if there are a few people on board here.
              Ah, no can do gents. I’m going to be more disciplined for the next 20 days for camaraderie’s sake but complete elimination of stuff like Bane’s doing I’m not willing to do ATM. Mostly because I already put my gf and family through it not long ago and I don’t want her/them to worry about me making tiny adjustments that can be bothersome and seem rather neurotic, you guys know what I mean, no offense meant.

I also have some ganja at home and trying to do this whilst smoking weed would be an exercise in futility, or the ultimate set of will power dead lifts ever (for me) … hmm maybe I should do it. Fuck it. I’m in! I already had some dairy today but I’ll give this a shot starting tomorrow. I’ll state flat out though, I won’t lie if I have some off-limits foods but I’m not going to be disappointed if I do like I would have been during whole30. I’m doing this for fun, so if it ends tomorrow or the next day I’m just going to keep it moving.

Oh and Bane, modern coffee making appliances aren’t paleo.

Edit: I just realized if I do this for 20 days I can break it on Feb 6th ... Superbowl debacle? I think so, wait I regret this already, no wait I love you, no we're moving too fast, marry me, I feel smothered, don't let me go, you're just like my mother.
              Last edited by iniQuity; 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Oh well, I'll live with that one asterisk beside my Whole20 when I'm done. (plus it was a Christmas gift - can't have it be a waste of money, now can I?) heh heh

Yeah man, I wasn't actually expecting you to join in, but if you want to tag along and do a version where you don't "FAIL" with a single misstep, please do! Having you guys to chat with here actually helped a lot when I was doing mine last time.

One thing I'm doing differently this time is not telling anyone at home about it. I'm having espresso, and not having any cheats, but I haven't announced to anyone that I'm doing it, other than here. I'll just keep saying no thanks to things. Having to explain why the hell I'm doing this again for the next 3 weeks doesn't sound like too much fun to me.

I'm actually kind of thinking to myself here, if a version of this that includes whiskey could really be doable long term. I'm leaning towards yes.

Comment

• Shit, I'm in. What Bane size extras are we cutting?
                  My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

• You've been in for 10 days already!

Or do you mean you're in for my super restrictive Whole20? It's your basic Whole30 schtick with the exclusion of nuts and fruit. I didn't want to bother with that easy shit again so I cranked it up a notch. ha ha ha

Comment

• I'm in for the 20, not sure where I stand on booze *might allow a little at parties*
                      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

• I've decided that if there's dairy or whatever in OTHER people's foods that they're making for me I'm not going to sweat it, but other than that I'm going to try for 100% compliance on things I make for myself to eat, or when I have to make the decision, etc. I won't eat just anything anybody gives me of course, but I mostly made that comment for dairy which can be found in sauces and other stuff without one even knowing about it.

Damn it, why do you guys have to go and motivate me to be a health nazi? I was having fun eating garbage but I'm losing definition quick so I might as well get a hold of it before it gets really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure8410 View Post
                          I'm in for the 20, not sure where I stand on booze *might allow a little at parties*
                          You're in good shape already and you're in college. You better have a little to drink at parties, bub. Take it from a 36 year old guy with two kids who's been married for 13 years - ENJOY YOUR YOUTH.

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                          I've decided that if there's dairy or whatever in OTHER people's foods that they're making for me I'm not going to sweat it, but other than that I'm going to try for 100% compliance on things I make for myself to eat, or when I have to make the decision, etc. I won't eat just anything anybody gives me of course, but I mostly made that comment for dairy which can be found in sauces and other stuff without one even knowing about it.
                          That sounds like a great way to go about it, man. Especially since dairy is one of those things that could almost not be included in the Whole30, it's such a non-issue for most people. (meaning butter and cream, not milk)

Dairy was a game-time decision for me this morning. I actually hovered the cream container over my coffee and had a little discussion with myself about it. I don't know that I'll see much benefit from not having cream in my coffees, or butter in my wing sauce, other than the ridiculous ON OR OFF fucking mentality I can't seem to shake - and I definitely want the next 20 days to be ON. I want to commit to the crazy 100% version of this thing so there is no wavering at all.

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                          Damn it, why do you guys have to go and motivate me to be a health nazi? I was having fun eating garbage but I'm losing definition quick so I might as well get a hold of it before it gets really bad.
                          Orthorexia is a fun group activity. (that, and your last sentence rings true)

Comment

• Since there are a few dudes doing this, I'm going to join in. The only issue...I used butter when cooking eggs at lunch. So I guess I can't count today.

So no nuts or fruits either? Shit. This is gonna be great!

I'm seeing Bane on Saturday....I will take him out for lunch. We'll go to the grocery store and I'll buy him some broccoli....heh heh.

The 20 day thing works perfect for me. I'm going to Vegas in 22 or so days. I will get drunk on a thimble size shot of anything. LOL

Comment

• Dude, are you sure you want to try doing this? The Bane30 is pretty hardcore, even if it only lasts 20 days. I don't think anyone else is following me down the no fruit or nuts path.

I think we can let you off the hook and "just" do the easy Whole30. A little fruit and nuts might help you survive it.

Of course if you want to be in the club, by all means, crank it to 11!!!!! heh heh

Comment

I don't think anyone else is following me down the no fruit or nuts path.
                                Oh I am

My blog

Comment

Working...
                                X