1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
    1 egg
    1 1/4 cup almond flour
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt
    1 cup chocolate chips
    dash of cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Blend together the butter, honey, vanilla extract, and egg.

In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.

Blend the dry mixture into the wet slowly.

Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet, and bake about 10-12 minutes till golden brown. They will set more as they cool.

Comment

Breakfast: IF

Lunch: Avacado, tomato, salad, nuts

Dinner: Frog's legs in soy marinade

Snacks: Cookies, Milky Way, Twix bar

I forgot that soy is off the list. I also polished off the rest of the cookies, and ate a Milky Way and a Twix bar in a fit of intense carb craving. I'll probably not feel very well later, but I'm too tired and fed up to beat myself mentally on top of it. I don't want to treat PB like a diet, and I don't want to be some hardbody athlete. I want it to be my lifestyle and I want to live in peace with my body and my likes and dislikes. So I'll take my lumps for the carb overload and that's it.

I got my "lifting heavy things" in unexpectedly today. I was at the dog park and a nasty dog fight broke out (My dog wasn't involved, to my relief.) I ended up having to grab and lift an an angry 100 lb. American Bulldog that was attacking a lab/pit mix by the back legs and haul it off before it started doing damage. I'm quite sore now and going to take it easy a few days.

And nobody was hurt in the attack, not even the dogs.
      Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-20-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, tomato

Lunch: Tuna salad, rice bread, unsweetened applesauce

Dinner: Roasted chicken with garlic butter sauce, with roasted broccoli, parsnips, and carrots

Snacks: Dark chocolate

Spent three hours of hard labor mowing grass and weeding the yard of my best friend's parent's house. They are getting up in years and could use some help, and they gave me $70 for my work. Which I'm grateful for since I'm unemployed. My friend's Mom is like a second mother to me, so I was happy to help out. She's very supportive of me going Primal, since she has Celiac Sprue herself.

So I've gotten a good workout today.
        Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-21-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Hey Longtail, I love your honest and delicious sounding journal! I see you mentioned spanish translations/bilingual ...is spanish your first language?

Comment

Hi Evita, and thank you!

No, unfortunately. But it's a language I've always enjoyed and would love to learn.

Comment

Breakfast: Bacon, tomato, avocado wrapped in lettuce

Lunch: 2 slider burgers (no bun) with cheese

Dinner: Leftover roast chicken with roasted parsnips, broccoli, and carrots

Snacks: a little vanilla pudding, dark chocolate.

Went to a BBQ today put on by the shelter I got my dog at and got a couple sliders without a bun. It was satisfying. I also won a pie eating contest against my dog...which turned into pudding eating because I said I can't eat grain. *L* My dog is such a dainty eater that I had him beat by miles. But I won him a little life vest for when we go boating, and an LED blinking collar for when the days get dark. $54 value for both those items, so it was worth a few mouthfuls of sugary pudding.

I've been on PB for 2 weeks. I'm keeping a photo record of my body transitioning. I decided to post what just two weeks has done to help me.

I feel much better.
              Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-22-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Wow, I wouldn't have expected it after just two weeks, but it looks like this is making a real difference already!
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I'm pretty shocked myself, but hey, I can live with surprises like these!

Comment

Breakfast: 1 Tsp. COL, half a small avocado, a handful of macademia nuts, small bowl of fresh blueberries and raspberries

Lunch: Taco salad at Taco Del Mar (didn't eat the crust)

Dinner: Steak, mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon, sour cream, and a chocolate lava cake with ice cream and sauce.

Snacks: None

Couldn't help myself last night. Got spontaneously invited to go to the zoo, and then we went to dinner at Shari's. Chocolate lava cake is my weakness.

I had a case of insomnia and anxiety from the carb overload.
                    Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-24-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Breakfast: Leftover steak and a dark leafy green salad, fresh blackberries

Lunch: IF

Dinner: Pork chop, tomato, more blackberries

Snacks: dark chocolate

Not very hungry today. Carb cravings are bad. I'm ignoring them for the most part.

It's berry season, and I'm taking advantage of it. While out on my walks with my dog morning and evening, I find myself stopping to pluck a handful of fresh, sweet blackberries and thimble berries. Ahhh, it's my favorite time of summer!
                      Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-24-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Lunch: Pork chop, tomato, tsp. COL

Dinner: Almond honey cookies

Snacks: Avocado half

I'm getting back on track. My fiancée is now very interested in starting Primal with me because he's seen the impact on things. Hee hee hee!

I'm working my way through the PB book. I love how in-depth it gets medically (I'm a medical geek, I can't help it).
                        Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-26-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Breakfast: sardines, sugar snap peas, radishes, blackberries

Lunch: mixed berry smoothie

Dinner: Lamb

Snacks: A couple primal cookies

I find I enjoy foraging in my fridge and just picking up whatever looks good. Breakfast was weird but delicious!

I donated my frozen bread and some pasta/beans to a needy friend who is having trouble buying food. The rest of my cans of food that aren't PB (soups with grain thickener) and things will go to a food bank. I know I'm not going back to grains as a staple ever again. I LIKE being able to sleep through the night.
                          Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-27-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Wow, you can really see the results after 2 weeks!

It sounds like you have a great shelter in your area. I love cute dog stories. My dog is a very dainty eater too.

Comment

Thank you, Roberta!

Yeah, it's a great shelter. I try to support them when I can.

Comment

Lunch: Few slices of bacon, fresh cauliflower

Dinner: Primal Pizza with almond flour crust

Snacks: dark chocolate

So far I seem to be IF'ing breakfast. I'm kinda hungry but don't really feel like eating so I'm not bothering. I love that I can do that. It's such a little thing to most people, but it's a HUGE luxury for me to have these choices after being forced to eat every 2-3 hours or start having hypoglycemia symptoms.
                                Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X