Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small victories; I got dressed today, size zero (zero! bagel!) jeans from lucky brand and gap tshirt size xs. Two years ago I wore the gap size xxl (only available online) and could not button the size 20 jeans.

I had a migraine almost every day back then and fibromyalgia so bad I couldn't get off the couch and spent most of my days sneaking fudge from a hidden box on a shelf and shouting at my kids. Now I walk 6+ miles every day rain or shine and buzz around the rest of the day cleaning and singing as I do so. I play with my kids and run around like a kid.

This way of life really works, huh? It's given me a life.

lucky.jpg
    Last edited by ruby; 02-14-2012, 10:33 AM.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Ah, Ruby, even more than the weight loss is the singing and playing that has me envious. I've been at this two years and have made progress, but still have so far yet to go on the emotional front. Sometimes I wonder if the old me is still in there, so thank you thank you thank you for giving me hope!! My children will NOT leave this house remembering me the way I am now!
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Michelle you look fantastic!! What an inspiration,!!
        ~*Lori*~
        my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
        my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
        CW 192

Comment

Keep the faith...200 was a milestone for me as well...and I bobbled up and down as others have stated in their posts. However, I stayed the course and over time my body adjusted, and the scale started moving down again.

Comment

I slacked on walking a couple times last week, needed antibiotics for an infection, and stayed up late night after night watching Game of Thrones and eating almond butter out of the jar and guess what? I gained 7 pounds! Ok Ive lost 2.5 of that 7 so far and this is what I have learned:

1. maintaining a large weight loss is at least as much work, if not more, than losing it (but there is no other option)
            2. never eat after dinner
            3. walk (for me) 6+ miles a day, no slacking
            4. GO TO BED before 11, alseep by 11:30

Getting back down to 127 lickety split.
            Michelle
            240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Sometimes it's not the quantity of food or lack of exercise, but a food reaction. I don't yet know what it was, but yesterday I weighed SIX POUNDS more than the day before. This morning, 3 of it is gone. I suspect it has something to do with having run out of betaine HCl to take with my meals - I think that without enough stomach acid, the improperly digested food is causing swelling and other reactions in my body.

Best to you! (still very inspired by your success!)

Comment

Yes, I have noticed since starting the Cipro (antibiotic) I have been sluggish, bloated and not digesting food well. I stopped taking it Monday and have been pounding down probiotics and sauerkraut trying to get some digestive integrity back again. Hopefully it will help.
                Michelle
                240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

I am hungry all the time; I took for granted these last couple years that I could eat bacon in the morning and then not eat again for 8 hours; now I feel hungry all day and stuff myself with nuts and chicken thighs well into the night. It's obvious my satiety signals (hormones?) are all screwed up. Attempting IF now leads to inevitable backlash just like in my old low fat high grain diet days. I'm not taking in any grains or sugar or food I "shouldn't" just too much primal food and often too late at night. No control at all.
                  Michelle
                  240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Wow, what an inspiration! I'm sorry about the trouble you are having currently but I suspect that if you can lose 100lbs, you can get through this tough spot. Your body is obviously telling you something, make sure you listen and find out what it is. Like maybe you need a nap, more variety, a change-up in workout, a hobby, etc.

I just started Primal and in my research, I read so much nay-saying that it scares me. Stories like yours help. Maybe Primal isn't right for everyone but it's right for you and it shows. My, does it show!! I've failed at weight watchers several times and never felt satisfied but I'm finishing day 5 now and feel pretty good. I'm glad I stumbled across your journal for a pick-me-up! Keep up the good work!

Comment

• I'm back on track! I didn't eat past 6pm and already I look and feel better. New goal is 121 since my highest recorded weight is 242 - I would like to be able to say I lost half my size.
                      Michelle
                      240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Hi Michelle--just read through your journal and I am really impressed!! You look so fantastic!! I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, but am struggling with 10-15lbs and trying to just "get this right." I saw you had a couple rough days about a week ago and now you're back on track. How did you get back on track? Do you think it's just cutting off food at 6pm that really helped?

Susan

Comment

• I think it's a huge part of it. Someone like me needs to intermittently fast even if just slightly. When I eat late at night I end up just spooning almond butter in like it's Kozy Shack pudding and I wake up still full, and often a pound or two heavier. I try to eat just breakfast and dinner (dinner usually at 7pm, 6 on weekends) but sometimes on weekends I walk so many miles I need a lunch. I didn't used to need to worry about calories but my weight is so comparatively low that now I do. I walked 10.5 miles today and had a can of tuna dumped on some romaine and broccoli sprouts for lunch.
                          Michelle
                          240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Originally posted by Nelle View Post
                            Wow, what an inspiration! I'm sorry about the trouble you are having currently but I suspect that if you can lose 100lbs, you can get through this tough spot.
                            No kidding!

If problems continue (and I hope they don't!), it sounds like you might look into supplementing with HCl and/or digestive enzymes (the constant hunger could mean you're not digesting well due to a lack of one of these), and/or making sure you're getting enough fat (not cutting too much in an attempt to reduce calories) and/or protein (especially in the morning.

Your success is such an inspiration!!

Comment

• Since the hunger started with that course of antibiotics I woukd definitely agree I am not digesting food well and also it's like food is moving through my system at a glacial pace. My good bacteria are shot and so a digestive enzyme would probably help- I was looking at some options in the whole foods yesterday.
                              Michelle
                              240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Day 7 of leptin reset, exactly as laid out on Dr Kruse's website. Massive decrease in hunger, zero night eating - I'm eating a big breakfast and then dinner, and dinner is a tad earlier than usual - my husband commutes far away and often doesn't get home until 7:30 but Ive been eating between 6 and 6:30 then sitting with him when he eats later. No night snacking at all, thanks heavens. I'm still having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night and staying asleep. I wish I could be asleep by 11 but it almost never happens, I lay there until 1 or later then I get up at 7 or 8. I know this is a huge problem. It's like the last piece of the puzzle, the sleep.
                                Michelle
                                240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Working...
                                X