Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ruby,

SO great to hear from you! You know, you looked great at 148, so I imagine 143 might suit you just fine! Glad to know you're happy (or at least not too upset) and are just taking care of yourself right now.

I know what you mean about spring. Today was the first day of what felt like spring here, and when I got home from work, ALL the neighbors were out. It's like we hibernate all winter, and then poke our noses out as the weather warms...
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Comment

Still stalled out. My weight bobs up and down 143 to as much as 147 but never below 143. So today instead of walking I went out and ran. I went .6 miles (mostly uphill honestly) without stopping then on the way home .85 which I think is pretty good for day one. I am now doing 3 strength training days a week, hard workouts but I find a minute in low plank a piece if cake now. I'm going to make my goal of 125 some day.
      Michelle
      totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
      240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

The timing couldn't have been a coincidence. I was looking over my iphone photo album (which goes back 3 years) and found this picture of me taken 2 years ago. As discouraged as I am that my weight has totally plateaued 18pounds from my goal weight, seeing this picture reminded me I have come pretty far.

Me 2 years ago; about 235 (possibly as much as 240, I didn't get on a scale much back then but my doc said I weighed 242 back then):

Me three weeks ago, 143:

that's a utility belt around my hips that holds my keys, credit card and inhaler, not a weird fat distribution lol. When I first got it, the largest setting barely fit now I not only have it on the smallest belt hole but there are two knots in it to keep it from falling down.
        Michelle
        240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Well, that's pretty incredible, I'd say, lol! It seems to me that there's a difference since the last photo you put up, even if the weight loss has stalled. Maybe a healthy redistribution from the food being the right foods?
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

You look reall sexy in your little outfit I just wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration to me. I hope you get to your goal weight of 125, I know you can make it, if you want to.
            You don't have to be sick to get well

Comment

Hi ruby, just wanted to echo what everyone else has said, your an inspiration! keep on keeping on my friend!

Comment

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to me :^)
                Michelle
                240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Let me update what I am doing now, if for nothing else than to keep it straight in my own head.

3 days a week I do strength training, this is an hour to as much as an hour and a half of full body, full ROM movements with hand weights and/or body weight resistance including squats, planks, pushups etc.

so far, 3 days a week I run a mile and a half with the goal of increasing to a 3 mile run 4 days a week.

I have decreased my walking to about 20 miles a week where it used to be 35. This is probably a mistake but it is just a matter of finding time.

100/0 Paleo diet (80/20 doesn't work for me)

Supplements:
                  Vitamin Code Perfect Weight multiple
                  7Keto
                  B vitamin cap
                  krill oil
                  NAC
                  probiotics

I am going to break this 6 month stall! Liz contacted me about being a friday success story but I don't feel ready yet, not until I break through this epic plateau.
                  Michelle
                  240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Michelle, you ROCK, girl!

I am really inspired by your journal. I started primal living in Jan 2010 at 300 lbs, lost 30 and was derailed by a (very much wanted!) pregnancy. I am trying to get my life in order again now that the babe is five months old. Currently I am 255 and seeing your before shot and then the (WOW!) after shot gives me something to which to aspire. Thanks for sharing your journey!

Can anyone start a journal?

Comment

Yes sassafras anyone can start a journal just click on new post or new topic from the main journals topic page. I hope my story inspires you because I know this is cliche but truly: if I can do it anyone can

I'm here to report, the stall is broken!! 136 this morning and feeling great. Doing some fasting due to stress; I'm eating enough but not doing all those almond binges lol.
                      Michelle
                      240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Wow, that's some breakthrough! Was it just the almonds that you stopped doing? Are you doing dairy, other nuts, fruit?
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Michelle you look fantastic!! So glad to see you are still doing great. I have been on a long hiatus, not from primal eating but from the boards. Had a baby in July and it has been a whirlwind. Thanks for maintaining the journal!!
                          ~*Lori*~
                          my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                          my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                          CW 192

Comment

inspiring!
                            I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Hi Ruby,

Just finished reading your journal, and I just wanna say Fantastic! I've been Primal for almost 2 years now(best decision of my life), and it truly is the way to go. Keep up the GREAT work and that 125 will be a piece of cake(no pun intended) Free your Mind, and Your Grok will follow.
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Wow what a change you made, amazing! Are you still around?
                                Hope you are doing well

Comment

Working...
                                X