Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def fat helps. I know I went overboard in the beginning of primal with it as I had tried to be low fat for so long (except when bingeing on crappy fats and sugars of course).

Comment

• I can almost cry when I realise I don't need to binge any more.

Comment

• I know! It is so easy to take for granted sometimes. I got used to being normal within the first month of going primal and now I'm sensitive to even the slightest change; like a night with too little sleep and I start to feel like I have the munchies the following evening, I get right back on top of it.
        Michelle
        totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
        240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• You are on fire Michelle! I am taking notes

Comment

• I can't believe I neglected to post this earlier:

That's right, former disabled, morbidly obese woman and now I HAS A TROPHY. What's better is I had no way of knowing I came in first so I just went right home, and someone brought the trophy to my house. I do not train to run, I almost never run. I ran that race slightly hung over and dehydrated and totally untrained. THAT'S what paleo can do.

Also, I got a mohawk:

Last edited by ruby; 10-19-2013, 11:56 AM.
            Michelle
            240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• I ran seven miles today, more than I have ever run! Got lots of October sun too
              Michelle
              240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Wow you have been doing great Michelle. I just love your last pic. and congrats on the trophy. I have been reading your whole journal from the start. I was wondering do you consider all of the walking you did as a big part of your success along with sticking to 1300 calories?

You really do look great.........

Comment

• I credit the daily walking with a lot of the weight loss, and the fact that I do not train to run yet found it relatively easy - I consider walking to be training for running too
                  Michelle
                  240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. After hearing this I plan to start a regular walking plan. I have large thighs and alot of weight to lose. I hope this will help with firming and slimming them up as I lose the weight.

Comment

• I didn't do much else for excercize at first except walking; I take my pedometer very seriously (it's the one from Brookstone) and it has been the final word: I don't go to bed before Ive logged at least 5 miles. I added some other excersizes in over time, leading up to more resistance training. The most important thing is diet compliance and daily walking.
                      Michelle
                      240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• I'm planning on checking into buying a fitbit one or FT4. I have heard a lot of good things about them. My pedometer stop working and wasn't that accurate anyways. I'm starting to get serious with following the eating plan Primal. And now want to do all I can to get the weight off and be healthy. Thats why when I was reading your journal I saw where you added extra walking to help with it. Plus after the first of the yr. I want to add weight lifting.
                        thanks for all of your help.
                        Last edited by loves walking; 10-23-2013, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• I was thinking of getting a fitbit, it seems like a step up from what I have been using for the last 3.5 years. My friends uses one of those watches for running but I think the fitbit has more features.
                          Michelle
                          240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• I hope this links works, but here is some of the stuff I have read about the fitbit.
                            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122177-fitbit

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/s...odymedia-other

Plus I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago were they said the fitbit one was the most accurate of the 6 they tested.
                            Last edited by loves walking; 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• I was just looking at it on amazon and I love that I can sync all my stuff together and track stairs as well.
                              I can see that being very motivating - I just put it on my high priority wish list - I turn 41 in a month and that's top of the list right now
                              Michelle
                              240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• You will probably get one before I do. Will you let me know which one you buy and what you think of it.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X