Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh wow you are beautiful alright!
    And that gives me hope for my boobs, they already sag bad, and are pretty empty (4 years straight breastfeeding, not any more though). I don't want implants, but will get a lift, but will save this for much later, in case they do fill out, I am really hopeful now you mentioned it. good to know

Comment

• I too nursed, four years each girl - the first year I lost the weight, my boobs were incredibly flat like pancakes - it was really horrible. The skin would wrinkle like a brain, just a complete and total lack of collagen. I have been taking a collagen supplement, drinking bone broth as well as using Emergen-C with MSM and using lotion and things have really changed a lot. The skin has sprung back a lot, no more "brain" lol. I'm quite relieved! I did lose the first 90 pounds very fast - in just 8 months. That might have something to do with it.
      Michelle
      totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
      240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Oh yes Id say so as that is fast. I've never ever lost weight quickly no matter what I do. So really curious to see how this combo of IF, eat more fat etc works out with the walking.
        I am also walking around my house and randomly doing pushups against my bench, and dips on the table, so hope that helps. Will get back to lifting heavy soon.
        Going to try to drink bone broth every day too, just made a batch.

Comment

• Ayla - ever have a free T3 thyroid test? (TSH is worthless.)

Been breastfeeding for 14 years straight ... some day I'll check into that collagen supplement!
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• OMG mamagrok 14 years, you are awesome!!

No I have not had that one, I am going to try my current experiment for a month, and then re-assess, if things aren't working I will look into it

Comment

• Oh my gosh, you totally have to look into it. Seriously. I think anyone who has trouble losing weight seriously needs to check the thyroid. If your doc is stubborn, you can order it yourself from privatemdlabs.com and I can give you a 15% off coupon code.

Comment

• I don't think I could do that from Aus could I?
                Sorry Michelle for the hijack.
                Will look into it later, thanks MG

Comment

• Thyroid testing is very important - get a good recommendation for someone in your area who treats patients instead of going by lab values. You can tell it's not the right doctor if they think a TSH alone is sufficient - the full series, T3 and T3 uptake and free t4 is a good start. Currently this is my favorite thyroid page: Thyroid Disorders

OK I just signed up for my first 10k road race! I have done 5k road race before. I don't do cardio ever, I train to run by walking. A couple of times a month I run with my friend to give her moral support (she is doing the couch to 5k program).

Also, the other day I went on a huge binge, definitely PMS induced - I ate baked sweet potato fries. What is funny is that my binges look like the SAD eater's health food stints. It still felt like a binge to me, as I don't usually ever snack. I also credit staying up way too late. I have two meals a day, one at 9ish and one at 5-6pm. Sadly I am one of those people that can never snack. I am slowly phasing out most mammal flesh as it doesn't agree with as much (I am getting more and more picky!) - I think it's a great food for people, just not for me. Beef has to be grass-fed and it's getting too expensive and I feel weighed down the next day. Bacon seems fine but the pork cuts that are more muscular like loin disagree with me now. I'm eating more cold water fish and poultry of various types. Weights two hours a week, walking 6 miles a day on weeknights, 7-8 on weekends. Yoga two or three times a week including teacher training. Two or three runs a month. I quit smoking 4 months ago (I KNOW! I quit) and gained 8 pounds but managed to beat it back and lost those pounds again.
                  Michelle
                  240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• I think more seafood would be good or all of us!

WAY TO GO quitting!!!!

If you ever want to know what a "huge binge" really looks like, just ask. I'll tell you about hiding in the corner of a parking lot scarfing down entire cookie cakes.

Comment

• I used to do stuff like that MG
                      I am so glad I do not now.

Yes I agree on the seafood, but that is one thing we can't get decent close to us. At least with our butcher who sells awesome grass fed, hormone free meat, is an hour away, but I go once a month and fill up a freezer, can't really do that with fish. Well I don't like to freeze it. Going to try to search for someone to deliver to me.

Def going to look into the thyroid later.

Sounds like you have an awesome plan Michelle. I am so excited for you! Oh and yes way to go on the smoking!

Over here they have now made it illegal to smoke around places like playgrounds, public transport stops, and entrances to public places. I am so excited about this, you can get a $550 fine, and I really hope they enforce it. I really hate on my rare trips to shopping centres I have to wade through smokers to get in. Not to mention the people smoking over their children in trolleys. Argh!

Comment

• Back in the old days, a pound of fudge or a birthday cake was my drug of choice, after a large Papa Gino's pizza that is I don't miss those days! Leptin resistance is basically hell on earth. The hiding and throwing out evidence of a food is a big tip off too!
                        Michelle
                        240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• Oh yes hiding the evidence, I was big on that.
                          Then I started going for a drive, so my children would sleep, and I could go through a drive through and binge while they were sleeping, then id get rid of the evidence before they woke up.
                          Crazy shit alright.

Comment

• No kidding, I used to long to eat in ssecret so I could just throw it down and no one would know. Hiding wrappers, eating in bathrooms, ridiculous.

I wonder what percentage of people have this binge eating behavior? I think it's more common than anyone realizes, and is so hidden b/c people think it's a character problem instead of the nutrition/medical problem that it really is.

I just watched a video about a girl who conquered her binge eaeting. She talks about buying tons of food at the store and eating it all inthe car in a place in the parking lot where no one could see her. Yep, BTDT. (Unfortunately, her solution is to "love yourself". Whatever. I always loved myself! I needed protein & fat!)

Comment

• I think Leptin problems are widespread, epidemic! The hiding away to eat for me not only meant that no one would know I was eating (because I knew I shouldn't, but Leptin resistance was in control) but it was also because of a paranoia of having to share any - also Leptin gone wrong. Skipping breakfast, low fat, high grain is the cause of so much suffering. I was a slave to the local candy store. I used to send my husband out at 2am for Doritos etc, telling him bring back the snacks or don't come back lol!

The first thing I noticed when I went paleo 5/16/2010 was that in just 48 hours I didn't need much "willpower" - I was freed from cravings very quickly. I didn't know about the Leptin reset or even about Leptin until a year ago, but I coincidentally started paleo back then as basically one long, successful leptin reset. I think that's why it worked so fast and why I lost so quickly.
                              Michelle
                              240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

• So true. Every word.

Comment

Working...
                                X