Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Pregnancy Journal

Wow... just wow....

Hubby and I have been TTC'in for 6 years, and have 4 failed IUI's and had pretty much given up on having a bean, and lo and behold, yesterday I got my big fat positive! Hubby and I really feel that it was the change in our diet that has allowed us to get pregnant. With my being diabetic, I have to keep uber control on my blood sugars, and much testing! I saw my diabetic nurse yesterday and got the diabetic prego diet, and it is more carbs then I have been on, so I am thinking about adding in wasa brod crackers, ak mak crackers and eziekiel bread for the occasional toast or sandwich. In the info I got yesterday, I found that 3 cups of raw veg or 1.5 cups cooked veg equals 1 carb choice (15 grams carb) and so I will still be getting the vast majority of my carbs from veg, just like now, but for snacking, I don't know if I could eat a salad every time! LOL!!! Plus, I have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks to keep my blood sugars level.

So anywhoo, I am 5 wks along and I am due in March--waiting to meet my little ram! How primal is that?? LOL!!! I am also going to start on yoga today as well. I have a book on yoga in pregnancy that I picked up a few years back, and I am just THRILLED I get to use it!!

Breakfast-- 1 slice toast, 2 poached eggs, 1 T butter, milk in my unsweetened chai tea.

S- baby shrimp, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes

L- BAS with egg and shrimp, bell pepper, fresh green beans (4), cucumber, tomato, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Slice of bread, milk

S- a nap! LOL

D- Meat patty, steamed patty pan squash, 2 wasa brod, butter, 1/2 apple and glass of milk

S- cheese, one wasa bread, milk.
    Last edited by Spinner; 07-28-2010, 06:07 AM.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Congratulations! That is fantastic news!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

OMG NO WONDER YOU NEEDED A NEW JOURNAL!!!! (Yes I'm yelling, this is SO EXCITING!!!!) *squeal!!!***
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

Thank you for the congrats Victoria and lil_em! So in shock, and I am sure I will be for quite a while! LOL!!!
        Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        Re-Start date 6/23/2011
        me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
        273.4/269.3/115
        Hubby--230/227.8/165

Comment

Working...
        X