Steamed veggies

D: Carne asada

Grilled corn on the cob

Sauteed zucchini

S: Frozen coconut milk with peaches

Exercise:

40 minute stroller walk/jog

Comment

Man, I took a stroller (with a baby in it. haha) for a walk today... much more intense than without. Those things are hard to steer! It was a jogging stroller but the front wheel doesn't pivot for some reason... weird.

Sauteed zucchini = yum.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

The stroller takes some getting used to at first, and definitely adds resistance!

Comment

Thursday 8/13/09

B: Coconut pancakes

2 strips bacon

2 peaches

S: Trail mix

L: Grilled chicken and steamed veggies

S: 1 apple with almond butter and honey

1/2 cup oatmeal

D: Grilled split chicken breast

Spinach salad with olives, onion, red pepper, carrots with homemade balsamic viniagrette

Exercise:

45 minute stroller walk

Comment

Friday 8/14/09

B: 3 scrambled eggs

3 strips bacon

2 peaches

S: Trail mix

L: Grilled chicken

Steamed veggies

Swiss cheese

S: 1 apple with almond butter

D: Pot roast with mushroom and onion soup from broth

S: B&J ice cream

Exercise:

20 minute cycle

Squats/lunges

35 minute stroller walk

Comment

Saturday 8/15/09

3 strips bacon

2 peaches

LSD: I can't even record what I ate. I attended a birthday party and an open house and consumed a lot of carb-laden food that made me feel very bloated and gross. I really have trouble not eating these things at events, especially when I am hungry. I guess that is something to work on in the future.

Comment

social events like potlucks and parties are HARD... restaurants are no problem, but it's the "events" that get me too.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

It's very frustrating, especially when I plan on avoiding most of that stuff. As soon as it's in front of me, I cave in.

Comment

Sunday 8/16/09

3 strips bacon

1 apple

S: Swiss cheese

Cantaloupe

Celery sticks with cream cheese, almond butter, and honey

Trail mix

D: Grilled steak

Celery salad

Sauteed mushrooms and onions

D: 1 pear

Exercise:

45 minute walk

Comment

I made my husband a stupid birthday cake today... he reeeeeally wanted one (even though I made primal brownies yesterday, he wanted a "regular" cake). I had 2 pieces. I feel like my stomach is distended... it's disgusting.

Comment

Hey Amandamarie - I just found out I was pregnant last week, only 8 weeks along. How far along are you? I'm curious to know what you are trying to do exercise-wise. I have been running regularly (I know, but at a very slow pace), and biking, and mixing in some bodyweight workouts.

Also, did you eat primaly through your last pregnancy? I have three other children (under age 6!) but was not on the primal bandwagon through any of my other pregnancies. Just wondering how it worked out for you. Also, unfortunately I am craving carbs, (maybe it's in my head) but at times it's the only thing that sounds remotely good.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi CardioJunie,

I am 16 weeks along in this pregnancy and so far so good. I did eat primaly during the first pregnancy for the most part, although there were definitely times I had carbs- mostly at work. I am doing better this time, probably because I am not at work and all the junk isn't readily available. I had a great first pregnancy. I gained 29 pounds and lost it all, plus 5 pounds, with a couple of months. I also didn't get any stretch marks, which I think was attributable to my diet and exercise. I was able to exercise up until the day I gave birth. I am doing a lot of low level exercise. I walk a lot, and jog and cycle a little. I will do weights a couple of days a week when I go to the gym. I think the main key is listening to your body so you don't overexert yourself. It sounds like you have a good plan going! I jogged last time up until about 20 weeks and then switched to walking. That's awesome that you have 3 other children under 6! You must be very busy! It's hard for me to imagine even having 2 kids now. I definitely have carb cravings as well, but I find eating fruit helps to satisfy them. I am trying to only eat one "bad" thing a week. It helps me during the week to focus on that so I don't cave in to every craving. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Comment

Thanks for the response! I'm going to attempt to maintain a somewhat primal diet this time, although I often find myself thinking I'm going to be fat & out of shape eventually, who cares? :-) I too have been able to get back into shape after each pregnancy, and acually before this one I was at my lowest adult weight. Unfortunately, that's not true any more, even only being 8 weeks along. I'm going to try to keep running / jogging until 20 weeks, that's awesome that you were able to do that. I honestly can't remember exactly what I did through my other pregnancies, I don't think I ever made it that far.

This pregnancy was not exactly planned, so we are in a bit of denial right now, especially my husband. My youngest is 3, and everything was getting easier (no diapers, more self-sufficient, etc). Add to that I have been giving away all my baby stuff, so I pretty much have to start over there too. We are not telling anyone until after my first appt, if I can keep it a secret that long. I feel like I'm getting bigger by the day!

Good luck to you too and I will check back in with you every now and then.

Comment

Monday 8/17/09

3 strips bacon

Cantaloupe

S: Celery salad

Big salad from WF deli

S: 4 figs

D: Roasted chicken

Beets

Collard greens

1 pear

Homemade whipped cream

Exercise:

20 minute elliptical

Weights

35 minute stroller walk

Comment

Hi CardioJunkie:

I hope your pregnancy goes well and you are able to maintain your diet/exercise plan. Does the rest of your family eat primaly? How does that work with your kids? I feed my 10 month old son mostly primal foods, although I do give him some oatmeal once in awhile. We are traveling to Hawaii with him in a couple of weeks. Do you have any ideas for snacks I can bring along that aren't too messy? Most people I ask suggest Cheerios and fruit snacks, which I am avoiding.

Comment

Working...
                                X