No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (darienx19)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to the Sappington Farmers Market on Watson right near Elm. Don't know if it's considered Crestwood or not...

Comment

Day 16:

Food:

B: 2 eggs over with sauted peppers/mushrooms and goat cheese crumbles (and some hot sauce), small glass of grape juice.

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter

D: 2-3oz of steak chunks, 1/2 piece of zucchini apple bar w/ butter, a banana, and an apple (not really eaten as a meal, just kind of grazed through the evening)

Exercise:

Play / Lifting something heavy

Thoughts:

Day 16 was nice and relaxing. Work wasn't as taxing as usual, got a haircut, watched a little Full Metal Alchemist, hung out with a good friend, went to bed at a good time... all in all great

In my quest to de-stress, I've discovered that my second stressor is my constant want to do things. The stress is not in the 'feeling like I have too much to do' or 'having so much to do that I am overburdened'... the truth is that I just "want" to do things and never actually do them. I want to organize my massive MtG collection, I want to work on lego modeling, I want to get the pictures on my computer organized and develop my interest in photography, I want to draw/paint again, I want to actually write a novel, I want to play the stack of RPG video games I have waiting, I want to read the books I have been piling up... and those are just the things off the top of my head. I get frustrated with the idea of having so much I want to do and never actually starting any of it. It's not even that I don't have the time, it's simply that I have trouble rationalizing giving my time to one thing while missing out on the rest. Meanwhile, I'm not doing any of it. So, I've decided to write it all down... make a big master list of the things I think want in life. Then, I am going to unapologetically prioritize them the way I see fit and incorporate them into my life. I have a natural tendency to cycle through 3-4 main hobbies, so I might try a more formal cycle of put one down and pick up another one on a schedule. My theory is that a little more structure might give me the peace of mind I need to not feel like I'm missing out on anything. I know that it is possible that adding structure to a creative process might not make it work, but it's worth an honest try.

What do you all think?

Comment

Day 17:

Food:

B: 2 eggs w/ peppers, yellow squash, and habenaro(sp?) cheese (and of course, some red hot

L: L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter

D: IF

Exercise:

None physical, went and bought the materials for a slosh tube though

Thoughts:

I spent the evening with a close friend and discovered a lot of things about myself. It was probably the best spent 3-4 hours I've had in a long time in terms of personal growth. =)

Comment

Day 18:

Food:

B: Pineapple-strawberry-banana smoothie (I love the magic bullet blender

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter, about 7 strawberries

D: IF

Exercise:

Walked the park, played along the way: doing bench steps, walking up stairs on all 4's, skipping, making asses of ourselves at the playground... basically an all around good time =)

Thoughts:

as far as diet goes, I've noticed some big changes. I've eaten the same lunch for 4 days in a row now, and by lunch time I'm actually hungry. I've IF'd dinner two nights in a row now because I simply am not hungry at all. I have had a glass of water or two, but only because I'm actually thirsty. In the mornings, I tend to force myself to eat something because I know I'll be hungry an hour later if I don't. I look very forward to lunch... but not because I'm starving or anything, I just really like the flavor of what I made (considering making it for a second week I wasn't even hungry after exercising. Don't really know what it all means... but I don't mind it hehehe. I'm wondering if I should try skipping bfast as well and see what happens. Maybe I'll try it this weekend...

In other news, I put together my slosh tube Couldn't fill it yet because the adhesive takes a day to set... Made it with a screw top end on one side so I could remove the water for storage. Dunno if that's how your supposed to do it, I just remembered the idea of one from an article or posts in the past.

Comment

Day 19:

Food:

B: an apple, 1/2 banana nut bar w/ butter

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter

D: Cucumber/tomato/pepper salad, vegetable "curry" over broccoli

Exercise:

slosh tube for about 10-15 minutes, silk reeling, balance play

Thoughts:

I FINALLY DID A FRONT HANDSPRING!!! In all my years, I've been able to do cartwheels, but never have been able to land a flip, and today I finally did it! twice!

I got to use the slosh tube, and it is the best $20 I've ever spent in my life. I'm glad I never bothered to weight lift much and made one of these before getting into that! It was intense and fun. I didn't realize just how much work I was forcing myself to do until I was sitting on the couch afterwards and felt beaten lol.

Was able to resist the weekend meal breakdown and made dinner at home. Just have to make it thru tomorrow and I'll be good to go =)

It is almost 2am... so a little fail on sleepy time, but I got to see District 9, which was interesting.

Comment

I'm having the same hunger issue--it just isn't there.

And a front handspring!!! Awesome! The last time I even did a cartwheel was about 3 years ago on top of Monk's mound. I'm so far removed from handsprings, LOL.

Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Maybe even a one-hander.

Comment

Day 20:

Food:

B: IF

L: 3 egg omelet w/ peppers, yellow squash, and goat cheese.. as always with some red hot

S: 1/2 a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter

D: Huge chef's salad w/ a small amt of thousand island dressing, 1/2 slice of pizza

S: The other half slice

Exercise:

Walked the park

Thoughts:

I haven't totally failed the weekend so far! I think a whole week with just one slice of pizza and a little bit of TI dressing is better than the 2 whole total meals I've blown in the past 2 weeks.

Am still sore from yesterday, should be back to normal hopefully.

OH!!! I found a tshirt in my closet, reserved for the day I'm skinny enough to wear it.... well, today is that day!!!!!! I got it at a concert over a year ago and it's an athletic fit xl. I fit into it and it looks good (I used to fit but looked like someone shrink wrapped a ham). I still have a couple of shirts like it that were "one day" shirts... my next one to work towards is athletic fit large. I won't mind if I look like I'm shrink wrapped as long as what shows through is muscle lol.

G'night all!

Comment

Day 21:

Food:

L: 1/2 slice of pizza, 2-3 oz of beef tips

D: small bites of ingredients from cooking lunch for the week

Exercise:

Rested

Thoughts:

This weekend ended up being not so good in most other aspects, and even with the small amt of pizza I had, I still feel like it was more of a success than the previous two as far as diet goes. The slosh tube on friday kinda killed my thoughts of exercise, but I think I've been doing pretty well. Still working on eliminating emotional stress... all things in time, but hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

Day 22:

Food:

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli

S: a few small squares of cheese

D: An apple, baked cod w/ mango salsa

S: a few more cheese cubes (they're just so tasty lol)

Exercise:

Rest, day 2

Thoughts:

Didn't go to work today... had some things that needed my tending to... had a nice conversation to help with the inward journey. speaking of the inward journey... I'm kind of scared of it. I've dabbled a little, but never went at it full force... I think it's coming close to the breaking point of finally getting the guts to really examine myself, how and what I think and feel, and what I truly believe. Into the breach I guess...

Comment

Day 23:

Food:

B: 3 eggs scrambled w/ peppers, mushrooms, goat cheese, and hot sauce

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, an apple

D: pork "burger" w/ cheese and tomato sauce, a little bit of broccoli

S: 3 spoonfulls of mint icecream from coldstone

Exercise:

Nothing official, spent a while walking around walmart though.

Thoughts:

The icecream was worth it

Comment

Day 24:

Food:

B: 2-3oz pork loin, fruit smoothie

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices over steamed broccoli, an apple

D: pork "burger" w/ cheese and tomato sauce

Exercise:

Walked the park, played along the way: doing bench steps, walking up stairs on all 4's, skipping... Used the slosh tube for a while, did some balance play, practiced doing cartwheels/flips

Thoughts: TOTALLY OVER-DID THE EXERCISE! Once I got started though, it just felt so good and I kept going until I was jelly. Ahh well, it was fun

Comment

Day 25:

Food:

B: An apple

D: 2 eggs over w/ peppers, mushrooms, goat cheese, and hot sauce

Exercise:

Much needed rest

Thoughts:

I spent almost 3 hours talking to one of my best friends from back home today. A lot of insight gained on the inward journey. I think I've made some huge strides on my first stressor because of it. So a good day all around

Comment

Working...
                          X