LemonFresh Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LemonFresh Primal Journal

OK so i stumbled across this website after looking up "Protein Sources" in google. I looked around a bit and was convinced to experiment with primal eating.

Here is what has changed for me in 1 week:

My forhead acne is gone
    Bloating (mostly gone, had corn and beer yesterday and guess what is back this morning
    I 'feel' my body burning fat... my body composition is changing before my eyes... god what a cool thing!
    I have more even energy and don't wake up grouchy! (huh!!!)
    I started lifting weights and sprinting instead of jogging. Love it. Feels better, smarter.
    I will continue with yoga and softball.
    I've lost 4 pounds!

I am excited to do this as an experiment for a few months and see what happens.

I have had diarrhea and some carb-flu like symptoms. Considering that i almost did the master cleanse, i am happy to be getting rid of whatever it is my body is discharging. I want more protein though in my diet for that long of a period and will do some mild fasting occassionaly as I feel like it.

Last edited by LemonFreshScent; 07-20-2010, 09:53 AM.

So glad you found us. No one can argue with results! WTG!
    Looking forward to more reports.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

I FEEL AMAZING

And I'm trying not to annoy people by talking about it all the time...

I think for sure that I must be gluten sensitive or intolerant and cutting it out has changed my life!

Stats

Pounds lost so far since starting on 7/1: 5
      Inches lost in waist: 1 (only 2 more to go)

Bloating is completely GONE!
      I feel energetic and happy and wake up ready to go...

Exercise:

I've been lifting weights every 3-5 days and today was my 3rd time. I could do "male" push-ups! WHAT! I could never do those before!

I'm excited because I feel like my body is changing before my eyes and my strength is improving and I feel fantastic.

Glad I can get it out here so I don't annoy my friends and family

Comment

Originally posted by LessofMimi View Post
        So glad you found us. No one can argue with results! WTG!
        Looking forward to more reports.
        Thank you! I just hope I can stick to it for a long while

Comment

7/20 Update:

I am finding this lifestyle fun, easy, effortless! I've lost 7 pounds since I started on July 1. I had been in a plateau for months and eating/exercising this way has definately done the trick!

I am 5'10 and weigh 149.2. My %body fat as of yesterday was 22.9%. For the first time since highschool I'm fitting into a size 6. Its a little weird to get used to! I'll need to go shopping if this keeps up. I was a size 10 just last month.

People are saying WHOA... you got skinny! (of course this is music to my ears... hehehe).

Love this forum too!

Comment

I discovered yesterday that my body doesn't like cheddar. At least I'm now pinpointing the exact foods to avoid. 25 days ago I had no idea why I was always bloated and thought it was because I didn't exercise or run enough and was about to do the Master Cleanse...

Thank God I stumbled over here...

So how do you help your body get rid of the cheese its struggeling to digest?

Comment

Possibly Lactaid if it's a lactose intolerance, possibly nothing if it's a casein protein intolerance.

Truthfully, I would exchange primal for bread+cheese in a heartbeat, if it was healthy. Is that sacrilegious?

Comment

Yes, I'm happily giving up at least cheddar for a nice happy tummy. I have no problem giving up wheat/grain either... I hope i don't have to give up plain yogurt or cottage cheese though... i struggle getting protein as it is. I'll let my body decide though... i want to feel great every day...

Comment

It sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it wonderful to finally discover what is causing all the whoas? I started low carbing about 6 years ago and was so amazed at how I felt. I don't know how I lived like I did before. I have started PB recently and feel even better. Like a 2 step process. Isn't it fantastic! I am glad we both found the site

Comment

Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                    It sounds like you are doing great! Isn't it wonderful to finally discover what is causing all the whoas? I started low carbing about 6 years ago and was so amazed at how I felt. I don't know how I lived like I did before. I have started PB recently and feel even better. Like a 2 step process. Isn't it fantastic! I am glad we both found the site
                    Indeed! Congrats to you too... i love this forum because everyone is so happy and healthy . Its wonderful!

Comment

Today is such a wonderful day! After almost two years of not having a job... my man FOUND A JOB!!!!!!! I'm so proud of him for switching industries instead of spinning his wheels.

He also discovered that he has ADHD and that FINALLY explained lots of problems he was having...

THE BEST NEWS: He tried giving up wheat because I did... his ADHD symptoms are gone when he doesn't eat it. He had a donut yesterday and said he could feel the ADHD coming back.

I'm so hopeful that PB will help him with his ADD struggle which it already has... I'm SO thankful today I'm in tears.

Comment

I'm going to copy you guys and do some of these... it keeps me in better check:

Monday:
                        1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.

I had coffee, scrambled eggs, 3 pork sausages some fruit and cottage cheese so far today. Not too hungry, but will probably eat leftover chicken and blueberries for dinner.

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.

went for a small walk at lunch. Not too much moving around today.

3. Lift heavy things.

I plan to lift tonight and do pushups. I need help in this area.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.

Definately time for a sprint! I plan on getting one in after work.

5. Get lots of sleep.

8 hours last night.

6. Play.

Does playing the piano count? I wrote silly emails to coworkers... thats about all the playing i've done today.

7. Get some sunlight every day.

Plan to get some while sprinting later (realizing as I type that I need to GET OUT OF THE OFFICE more often during the week)

8. Avoid trauma.

ok. no problem.

9. Avoid poisonous things.

The lunch i ate wasn't organic... but thats one part of this I'm not stressing on too much. For the most part I eat organic, and i just don't worry about the other part.

10. Use your mind.

I am working afterall... i've had to use my mind several times today (even if i can only count those times on one hand. hahaha

Comment

Reasons why I'm happy today:

1. I found organic coconut oil in a spray can.
                          2. I made gluten free bread for my man and used it to oil the bread pans.
                          3. My man's new coworkers made fun of him for not having a packed lunch from his wife at home... (hello primal lunch every day from now on honey!)
                          4. I packed a huge primal lunch for my man today (and made a huge primal breakfast too)
                          5. His new job involves lots of heavy lifting of steel... (HOT!)...

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
                            Today is such a wonderful day! After almost two years of not having a job... my man FOUND A JOB!!!!!!! I'm so proud of him for switching industries instead of spinning his wheels.

He also discovered that he has ADHD and that FINALLY explained lots of problems he was having...
                            Me too. Meds changed my life. I ♡ my meds.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                              Me too. Meds changed my life. I ♡ my meds.

Wow! Glad you found out! He just turned 45 and you can imagine the trouble he has dealt with not knowing all this time... uh... lots and lots of stuff to get caught up with...

We are really experimenting with diet changes right now and they seem to be working wonders... enough that he doesn't need to rely on meds... but will take them for serious tasks... like getting caught up on said [everything]... cleaning the garage, dealing with car he let go, ya know... pretty much everything.

He said sugar and gluten really bring the symptoms on strong...

Comment

Working...
                              X