Ok, I am a dork .. I posted my Challenge Statement to my "other" journal .. ook, here is my new one for the Challenge
Cutting and pasting from the Primal Challenge "Statement" ... ok, where to start ??? ... short and sweet - since I am new, it is all a "challenge" in a way !! ... here I go !!
1) finish the book - about 1/2 way through (got it Sunday LOL !)
2) enjoy life - sounds simple ... For the past couple years - ok, 3 or so - I have been all about stress - and not really work-type stress but self-created stress about food and fitness - I definitely need to find balance and remember that life is there to be enjoyed !! ... For me, so far, the Primal Blueprint seems to represent some freedom ...freedom from weighing and measuring food every second of the day - freedom from carb cravings - I have created a great deal of stress with very rigid and restrictive food "programs" - grrr... no more ... And the worst part is, I have known better and still done it ... definitely no more !
3) Play more - within fitness and workouts and outside them - on the playground and in the park with my kids - maybe without the "low-fat merry-go-round" I will actually have the energy to do that !
4) Get rid of some of the random "health" issues - nagging headaches ... pooped adrenals ... the thryoid wackiness .... hmmm ... sounds like stress, lowfat diet, too much exercise, yada yada ...
5) what everyone else said .. more rest .. more fun ... clean food - no grains, no sugars ... maintain my weight or build muscle and reduce fat ...
as much as possible, organic/pastured/raw where appropriate
6) Keep up with my Primal Journal and meet some more great people here !!!!