Chucks Primal Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 15th 2012

Okay it took a couple of days to sort out how to do this lose weight, eat properly thingy again. Primal eating is good. Salt, booze, cheats are bad. My lack of weight losss I attribute to not paying sufficient attention to detail and loss of focus. Over 18-20 months eating primal I lost weight from 265 to 193. I plateaued so long I seemed to have given up on my goal of 160 lbs. In retrospect, I was eating too much and not working hard enough.

The human body evolved to be very efficient on low calorie intakes. Hunting, gathering didn't supply a consistent diet and made one work hard for what was found. Modern life makes us lazy. Food is cheap and plentiful. Work (real physical work) is sparse. So my change is to amp up the work and eat sparingly and try not to be seduced by the eat almost anything that primal professes. My sense is that the standard human condition as evolution manged our development is bordering on hungry as a natural state. So to me Brutus.

Friday July 13th meals:
    Bfst: two hard boiled eggs. Bike to Ymca and back with my normal walk/jog 30 minutes (1.8 miles) followed by 96 reps on the back strecher machine and 96 reps on the abs machine.
    Lunch: Fast, water.
    Dinner: Standard gym schedule, two homemade tacos. Water

Saturday: Bfst: Fast, standard gym trip sans biking on weekend. My legs are weary. Two days off biking. Gym is same schedule.
    Lunch: Leftover taco mix sans tortilla form last evening. Water.
    Dinner: BAS w/ lettuce, tomato, eggs hard boiled dressing, mushrooms, cucs. Water.

Sunday: Bfst: water, single hard boiled egg, no salt. Trip to gym scheduled for after Church. No bike today.
    Rest of day undetermined as of this writing.

Best, Chas
    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Sunday 15 July 2012: I needed to fuel up this afternoon.Ate leftover salad from last evenings meal and a small bowl of fresh watermelon. Was famished.

Dinner tonight is some sort of Salmon fished form the freezer. Report after din din.

Best,

Comment

• 15 July 2012L Dinner: baked salmon thingy with crab meat...steamed squash. Butter. Water

Best, Chas

Comment

• 16 July 2012: Bfst: fast.

Five mile bike ride. Came home showered and drank a bottle of water. Gonna have some salad fixins at lunch time (20 minutes from now) and then nothing until dinner. If the salad does not fill er up Ill add a small bowl of cubed watermelon. News at dinner time with actuals.

Splitting my exercise regimen ....bike five miles in AM then after noon or before dinner at least complete the day with the YMCA routine. 45-55 minutes with 30 minute walk/jog and 96 reps on abs and back machines. Ill test that out for a while and see how it goes.

Best, Chas

Comment

• 16 July 2012: Dinner
            Ate some stir fry takeaway-chicken,scallops,shrimp. Didnt eat anything else...bottle of water. BTW I did not eat the watermelon at lunch. The salad was enough.

I was pooped last night. I fell asleep on sofa in front of TV. Ill give the five miler bike ride a try again this AM. The trip to the gym after lunch yesterday almost did me in. My lunch tried to come back up on my while jogging. So as a result I didnt get my normal 5 laps of jogging into the mix yesterday. My aerobic fitness sucks. I could feel some lite burning in my bronchial tube while on bike yesterday and some again at gym while running. Things come along very slowly at advanced age.

Bfst this AM will be my normal cup of Joe. I count that as a fast. It is no worse than a bottle of water calorie wise.

Comment

• 16 July 2012:

Back form 5 miler bike ride. Ugh that was a hard one. Wind in my face whilst going up hill is a drag. I wanted to stop and push uphill but didnt. I did take a pause at the "push button for walking signal" though. Got home and had a bottle of cold water and some blueberries and about four ounces of greek yogurt. I wish I could figure out how to measure calorie consumption during bike trips. Som of the gps stuff apparently does this but those devices are expensive.

Ill try to do the Y again this afternoon after I recover from this mornings activity. I am whining too much. Best, Chas

Comment

• 16 July 2012:
                Lunch: guess its gonna be three meals today....stomach thinks my throats been cut.
                Five- six ounces of cottage cheese with some pinapple bits tossed on the mix. Another bottle of water.

I feel good enough to do the YMCA today even with the bike ride. We shall see how it goes.

Best, Chas

Comment

• 17 July 2012: Oops forgot what day it was...I need to edit previous posts dates.

Went to YMCA for my walk a thon and today, unlike yesterday, was able to do my normal thirty minute walk and mixed in five laps jogging. Completed my routine and came home famished but not before I went to sports store and purchased some Lycra spandex bike shorts. The worst part was telling my wife I had bought spandex shorts. I cant wait until tomorrow morning when it is once again time to ride. Im having two hard boiled egs to ward off the hunger pangs until dinner (2 more hours)....

Tonight's dinner is gonna be grilled burger patty sans accessories like buns etc with steamed broccoli and prolly a jug of cold water. I guess my incresed exercise pattern must be catching up with my metabolism.

Best, Chas

Comment

Working...
                  X