No announcement yet.

Chucks Primal Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 August 2011: Woo hoo I reduced my power bill in the hottest month of many a year! Im so proud....I may go get a taco later! Well, on second thought....maybe not.
    Lunch: leftover salad from last evenings meal. Still tasty and not soggy at all. Store leftover salad in an air tight container with a damp paper towel laid over the salad and it stays good longer. Bottle of water and 8 chocolate covered peanuts.

Have no idea about dinner yet and IM not hungry so that makes anything food difficult to get pumped up enough to cook or prepare for. News after the fact...Best, Chas
    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Paying the price for lavishness is indeed a bitter pill to swallow. Dinner was sort of a disaster. I was so good all day then BAM!

25 August 2011: Dinner: Two glasses of red wine ambrosia, a trip to Blue Ocean Sushi restaurant, with sashimi ahi tuna, california rolls, main course shrimp tempura. Sometimes I just cannot help myself. I do love Japanese food. Must be a leftover from my Vietnam days. At least I stayed away from desert.

26 August 2011: Bfst: Coffee, frozen blueberries and greek yogurt.
      26 August 2011: Midmorning snack: bottle water, some watermelon chunks and a hard boiled egg. I just remembered that Krogers has a coupon for a free dozen eggs I need to use prior to its expiry.

Am babysitting a grandaughter today so god only knows whats up for lunch. Right now Ive got nothing planned for the reast of th esay....always a dangerous thing to let happen - lack of planning invites spontaneity which usually means fast food of some ilk.

Best, Chas

Comment

• 26 August 2011: Lunch: Afternoon snack.....some cheddar cheese slices and some pineapple chunks. Water

I just posted a link to some videos on the net done by a Doc viz Vitamin D3 and Sleep/Cardio probs/weight gains etc. Virtually all the things we see here in Primal Land. Well worth the watch and investment in your time.

Can be found here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36677.html

Comment

• Trying this on an old G4 Mac this morning. A friend gave it to me as apple no longer supports OSX beyond a certain release for this old platform. Still it works well and was free.

26 August 2011: fell off the wagon again....chinese takeaway. shrimp szechwan. Too much wine. Sigh and I was so good all day too!!

27 August 2011: Bfst: coffee. Lotsa coffee.

Comment

• 27 August 2011: Lunch: little bits of cut up watermelon, some reheated chinese. Water.

Dunno know about dinner yet. Hopefully not much....

Comment

• 27 August 2011: Dinner: Nothing measurable....Water, and later (around eight PM) some slices of cheddar while watching football. Nothing else.

28 August 2011: Bfst: Coffee.

I dont know about lunch or dinner yet. Walked again this AM and felt good walking. It was a trifle muggy but that is normal this time of year. Tomorrow will be something called Dump Chicken (a crock pot meal) but first the chickens need thawing. Im not particularly hungry today and perhaps I can get by with watermelon and cataloupe chunks. News later. Best, Chas

Comment

• 28 August 2011: Lunch/snack: ate lunch late and because I did we've had the munchies all afternoon. I finished the leftover chinese from Friday night. Along the way I ate two microwaved hot dogs sans bunns, very small sliced cheddar cheese and the remnants of the cubed watermelon from Friday as well. After all of that Im not eating Dinner. All of the above spread out over the afternoon.

28 August 2011: Dinner: nada. Later had a small snack of chocolate covered peanuts (around ten of the little guys). Lotsa water today.

Best, Chas

Comment

• 29 August 2011: Bfst: Coffee, greek yogurt and frozen blueberries.
                  29 August 2011: Lunch: Bowl of cottage cheese and two hard boiled eggs. Bottle of water.

Dinner tonight is something called creole dump chicken which I carefully put together this morning in a crock pot5-non cooking fathers best friend. The only trouble with crock pots is that I sit here all day smelling stuff cook and so when it comes timee to eat Im not usually hungry...

Best, Chas
                  PS actual after its complete in case something changes later.

Comment

• Creole Dump Chicken stunk. It was like cooking a bunch of chicken thighs in a crock pot all day with spices and such but still tasting like chicken thighs and no spice or flavor stuck to it. Oh well. I tried....Perhaps if I had browned the chicken first....nah! Nothing would have saved that mess. Sigh....

29 August 2011: Dinner: The aforementioned dump chicken....yuck! Salad.

30 August 2011: Bfst: greek yogurt and frozen blueberries, coffee.
                    30 August 2011: Lunch: Cottage Cheese, water and hard boiled egg.
                    30 August 2011: Dinner: beef shoulder tenderloin roasted with leftover salad from night prior., White wine.

31 August 2011: Bfst: banana in greek yogurt. Coffee.
                    31 August 2011: Lunch/snack: cottage cheese with a hard boiled egg. Water.

Dunno about dinner tonight. I have a giant shank ham in fridge that we picked up for 99 cents a pound and I need to do something with it. Just what I am not sure. Ive been going wacko at the grocery lately cuz there have been good sales on.This is chicken week at Sprouts. Also cantaloupes are on sale for 50 cents. Yadda yadda.....I hate to fire up the oven to do that ham in this heat but I may have to do just that. News later as dinner ideas develop....Best, Chas

Comment

• 31 August 2011: Dinner: I am losing it. My resolve at least. Sigh. Out for take away sandwiches from Jason's Deli....Muffalta. Some red wine. Late evening swim. Do better tomorrow.

1 September 2011: Bfst: Coffee, greek yogurt with slices of banana. I don't recommend this particular combination of fruit and sour ish yogurt-it does not go well to my palets sensibilities. But I bought a hand of banana's without looking to see what was in the house and so we have a plethora of rapidly ripening bananas on hand. Ive got to consume them somehow and this is the only way I can choke them down.

Dunno about lunch/dinner yet. News at eleven as they say on TV. Best, Chas

Comment

• 1 September 2011: Lunch: cottage cheese and 2 hard boiled eggs. Water
                        1 September 2011: Dinner: finally cooked that shank end ham we found on sale for 99 cents a pound. It was good. Also had some fresh asparagus we microwaved and some cheap 2 dollar wine. How does a vendor ship in from Italy a bottle of wine for 2 bux? They cannot be making any money. But hey, it tastes good and it seems not to have those nasty additives that make my bronchial tubes hurt (sulfites?)....

2 September 2011: Bfst: greek yogurt and banana, coffee.

Comment

• 2 September 2011: Lunch: I need to eat something green.....but I tend to be lazy when I'm the only person eating during the day. Oh well Ill eat more green tonight. Cottage cheese, two hard boiled eggs and water.

I think Ill make some scrambled eggs with leftover ham and bell peppers, mushrooms etc for dinner tonight. We'll see. News after. Best, Chas

Comment

• 2 September 2011: Grock took a holiday as is usual for me on Friday nights. Somehow the ghost of past pizza Fridays grip my imagination and tear me away from primal. Well tonight I forgo primal altogether and eat some leftover watermelon and three flour tortillas nuked in a microwave with some melted butter. Water. Not too shabby.....not a great huge departure from caveman land. Some red wine and a movie. Not a bad way to grow old and be poor.

3 September 2011: Bfst: coffee, greek yogurt with some ageing bananas sliced up. Time to surrender on the blackening bananas...got through all of them save two before they went to banana graveyard.
                            3 September 2011: Lunch: another departure in discipline....two flour tortillas with habenero shredded cheese again nuked in the microwave. Jumbo bottle of water.

Tonight will be a chuck steak broiled with some sort of veggie, likely sliced tomatoes with some fresh mozzarella altrnating with sliced tomatoes and some sort of balsamic vinegar vinaigrette. Sounds yummy no? Actual reported after as always.

Best, Chas

Comment

• 3 September 2011: Dinner: Chuck Steak with aforementioned tomato and mozzarella cheese sliced with balsamic and olive oil. Pretty yummy and altogether satisfying meal. Cheap wine and some football. Early to bed as wife is babysitting tonight.

4 September 2011: Bfst: change of fare this morning. Those 50 cent cantaloupes finally ripened up enough to eat so yesterday they went under the knife and became cantaloupe chunks. This morning then I ate said chunks for breakfast. If this was a year or more ago it would have been salt bagels and or doughnuts and Starbucks. Yikes what a difference a year can make. Thanks Obamacare, you scared the crap out of me so here I am.

Reading a new book by McCullough called The Greater Journey, Americans in Paris. Its utterly amazing to me that so much wealth had been accumulated merely 35 years after revolution, yet there it was on display in Paris as early as 1826.

Comment

• 4 September 2011: Lunch: have the muncies again today. Ate some leftover tomato and mozerella cheese with balsamic and olive oil. Water.
                                4 September 2011: 3 flour tortillas with habenero cheese grated and nuked in teh microwave. BAS Salad with ham, HB egg, and all the usual suspected salad ingredients...LTC etc.

5 September 2011: Bfst: went out this AM for my morning constitutional and it was chilly! I swear it felt wonderful. Also a testimonial about how hot it was for three months is 70 F feels chilly! Late brunch of scrambled eggs, bell peppers and some leftover ham bits I chopped yesterday for our salad. Coffee. Aggies won but it was a sloppy game IMHO. They easily could have lost if SMU had not self destructed.

Best, Chas

Comment

Working...
                                X