No announcement yet.

Chucks Primal Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I ate the cantaloupe. Small custard cup full but it helped. I went to Sprouts Wednesday cuz its the day when sales overlap week to week. Picked up some more 49 cent melons etc. Ill probably eat an apple for lunch after I put groceries away. C U L8ter. Chas
    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

14 July 2010 Lunch entry: Lunch....LUNCH! Holy smokes do I need to grovel a lot. I sat down and ate a whole cereal bowl of (almost going bad cuz I forgot they were there) Bing Cherries. I drank a bottle of water and that was that. Dinner will be pork spare ribs in the slow cooker. Add to that some Brussels sprouts or steamed spinach and perhaps a sliced tomato. So far the only old style food I have really missed is pasta. Squash is no substitute for spaghetti. I may have to serve my home made spaghetti sauce on cooked sausage links next time.

Comment

14 July 2010: Dinner, I cooked the pork spare ribs in the crock pot so I didn't need to fuss...just tossed em in and waited. Steamed carrots, sliced beefsteak tomato and that was dinner. I could only eat 1.5 ribs but my wife pinch hit for my anemic appetite. This is day 26 of 100% primal. I am down 17 pounds. I was hoping for an even 20 but I may not make it. My second plateau was a three or four day standstill at 248. I don't know why I am in a hurry but I'm peddling as fast as I can. 160 is such a long way to go. Sigh. My BMR says for my age and weight I need 3050 calories for maintenance. I am under achieving that on average by 2K a day I think. IM not hungry but on sections of the week I know when I have not feed the fire well enough. I get tired and have no energy. Then I bulk up again.

Comment

15 July 2010: Enough of cheating with lots of fruit. Although I must admit I had and continue to have loads of energy following my pigout with Bing cherries yesterday. Weight stuck and holding today. Weighing yourself every day is a downer if nothing is happening. I will continue to collect daily data points so that I can keep the data and graphs consistent over time. Breakfast this morning a custard cup of frozen blueberries with a teaspoon or two of Greek yogurt.
          I am now calling my morning constitutional "doing medicare". Only fitting I think. Walking to reduce reliance on that nasty system which is on its way to becoming NHS USA. If you have ever have experienced NHS in England while having USA care before or after you will understand my stressing over our medical systems irreversible destruction.
          BP continues to moderate. Standing HR is elevated at an average of 82-83 and I expect fitness to moderate that measure.
          Has anyone tested their cholesterol while maintaining a primal blueprint regimen over say 6 months or an extended period of time? Does PB in fact reduce LDL? Any actual measured examples? Help please.

Comment

15 July 2010 Lunch: two meager hard boiled eggs for lunch along with a bottle of cold water. C U after dinner....

Comment

15 July 2010: Dinner was a pot of fresh spinach and a big hunk of some kind of steak from our freezer. Bottle of water.
              16 July 2010: Bfst is to be an omelet and coffee. This mornings weigh in showed some small weight loss following three days of virtually no loss.
              The 1.5 mile walk is getting easier. At the risk of TMI I have been troubled by a series of days where my butt crack is feeling like its got acid in there.
              Kinda like hemorrhoids or something...but no problems in that arena. Just inflammation (I think). Weird. Sweating profusely probably has something to do with it. Next update at lunch or after. I think I have 3 more days on my first thirty.

Comment

16 July 2010: Lunch IF. I'm not hungry as my charming child bride made me a delicious scrambled pair of eggs with onion, bacon,bell pepper and our own home grown jalapeno. Slurp. Just some water until dinner at which time I suspect I will make a rather large broiled Salisbury steak and big mess of something green. I am finally beginning to feel that change with large amounts of energy. Wonderful sensation. Almost as nice as being able to tie ones own shoes again. Later.

Comment

16 July 2010: Dinner....one huge hamburger patty broiled with nothing added-like Nekkid. Very large salad with vinegar and EVOO and a spoon of crumbled blue cheese sprinkled on top. Nice treat. Fasted through lunch. End of Day 26 or 27 I forget which...100% Primal. (unless you consider 1 dark chocolate covered cashew abt 3 days ago non Primal). That's is one single cashew....that is my biggest transgression so far.

I may reward myself with some new shoes if I keep this up.

Comment

Ugh! Today is day 30! I ran out of runway. Dang it! I really wanted to drop 20 pounds but I see that is not possible with tomorrow morning the final reporting day for the 30 day challenge. Well that stinks. I may fast through the day just to go out with a bang (or a whimper as it were). This morning marks two consecutive days of feeling pretty good throughout the whole 1.5 mile walk.

I found out yesterday that our family is planning a reunion gathering in Ireland in June 2011. It would be nice to attend: 1) just to go and 2) to attend skinny. I have a year to plan for each. Now if I only can convince charming child bride that it would be a fun thing to do....

Comment

17 July 2010: 2 PM and still fasting. Nothing but water so far. Cross Fingers. I would like to make it until the morning. Found myself using a laxitive again today. Irregularity still a problem. I suppose my flora have not bloomed yet for non carbo eating habits.

C ya l8ter...Chas

Comment

17 July 2010: 8 PM...it has now been 26 hours since I've eaten. I believe I will just wait until morning to eat as I have no overbearing need to eat just now. I usually go hit the sack at 9 or 10 so no sense eating now. I will do a 30 day summary here in the morning. Best, Chas

Comment

18 July 2010: End of 30 Days on Primal Blueprint. Results follow. The results will be presented on graph and I believe they pretty much speak for themselves. I fasted the last 36 hours to make my goal. I do not intend on doing that again just so that I can make marks on a graph. I must be OCD...anyway here tis:

This is the first of four planned 30 day increments. I would like to make 160 pounds eventually but not within the four periods.
                          Best,Chas

Comment

18 July 2010: Breakfast: two egg omelet with 3 strips of bacon and in the eggs were sauteed onions, bell peppers and jalapeno from our own potted plant. Also had two cups O Joe. Life is good and getting better. Best, Chas

Comment

A word about supplements. I am taking a cocktail of supplements designed to ward off atherosclerosis. This cocktail was designed by Linus Pauling and can be found updated at his Linus Pauling Institute on the web. Basically it consists of 2 gr of Vitamin C, 2 gr of Lysine and 500 mg of Proline. To this I add 500 mg of Omega 3. All of this daily. I believe the Institute recos more frequent doses but Im not gonna do that. It may be possible to dump most of this should I ever get to a lower and stable weight coupled with daily exercise.

Comment

18 July 2010: Lunch: cup of orange sections, chunk of ham & salami lunch meat with two small bits of cheese wrapped inside. I had two of those ham roll up thingys. Bottle of water.

Comment

Working...
                                X