No announcement yet.

Chucks Primal Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 August 2010: Dinner: 2 BBQ sausages, squash casserole, that's all.....

Yesterday (15 Aug) I woke up with a sore arch on my foot with the right foot. I walked and was sore all day. Today I woke up and could hardly get out of bed. Now I'm hobbling around the house like a crippled person. I intend on foregoing my walks until I get back on my foot. I hopw 1,2 or at worst 3 days. I had not realized how important walking was to my personal well being. I feel lost when I don't walk now. BTW, the beginnings of this soreness was prior to my receiving my VFF's. The soreness just kept getting worse and worse irrespective of shoes.

In my near past I had an episode with calcium tablets that caused a swollen ankle and severe pain. I may choose to stop my D, C, Fish Oil and Probiotics to see if some supplements may be causing a problem.

16 August 2010: Breakfast & Lunch: Fast.
    They used to call me No Neck, but now I have one.

Comment

• Oh NOES on the foot!!!
      Hope you heal up soonest....

Comment

• Thanks Kuno...my wife crushed some ice in a sandwich baggie and wrapped my foot in a towel and I also took some regular aspirin. Seems better now. Might have dorsal tendinitis. Dunno much except it hurts a lot. Anyway its getting better now. Dunno what I could have done save stub my toes learning how to walk in toe shoes. That hardly seems enough of a bump to cause an upper arch tendon pull. Nevertheless that is where the pain was originating.

Correct the lunch entry in the previous post:
        16 August 2010: Lunch leftover BBQ sausage (2)....water.
        16 August 2010: Dinner: now I will fast dinner.

Comment

• 17 August 2010: Notes: This leg/foot problem is beginning to feel more like a toxic insect bite than a muscle or tendon problem. The issue of pain and swollen flesh is moving up my leg to the ankle from the dorsal arch. I will try to ice and aspirin it to death today. Not walking sux.....

Comment

• I have come to the conclusion that my foot/ankle pain is nutrition in nature. I went back over what I have been eating and decided I needed some different food. Since I have been eating mostly meat and only once per day for the most part I blew things up a bit at lunch today. I bet Im walking again in the morning.

17 August 2010: Lunch: large bowl of blueberries with remaining slather of Greek Yogurt. One apple sliced up and about 6-7 pieces of candy. If this doesn't do it nothing will.
            Ill make a large dinner too. Dunno what but I need to change something radically to see if diet can turn this thing around.

Comment

• OK ... its gout. Nasty bad and angry gout. I hate gout. Its ugly and it hurts a lot. Last night I blew up my diet and had a pepperoni pizza. Glad that I got that out of my system. Now back to business.

According to the Mayo Clinic website gout comes form drinking too much...well I am not drinking anything save water....reading farther to the back of Mayo it sez to drink 2-3 liters of water per day, don't fast (oops) and eat less meats. Okay, I can do that. My foot is still too swollen to put on my VFF shoes. I had to use my older water mocs to walk today but at least it was a walk. Only 2 days missed and a catastrophe for dinner. Now back to the regularly scheduled broadcast.

Comment

• 18 August 2010: Bfst & Lunch: Fast
                18 August 2010: Dinner: Chicken salad, Greek salad, some olives.

Finally reread Mayo web and discovered aspirin exacerbates gout-switched to ibuprofin (Aleve) and pain gone. Re-soaked my foot in ice bath and swelling going down. Good grief. What a mess.

Comment

• Way to go with the research and finding what alleviates the pain for you!
                  sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

• Tks Mr Guy....I messed around for abnout three days before figuring it out. Oh well...moral to story dont fast if you dont drink gobs of water.

19 August 2010: Bfst & Lunch Fast...drink lots of water. Back walking comfortably now. No lingering gouty pains in leg and I can fit into my VFF's again as the swelling has subsided a lot.

I have my thirty days results. They suck. Only about 8 pounds off and the direction is right but the amount is bad. No more splurges on pizza. I was ticked at my foot problem. I began Primal on June 19th. I started at 264 pounds and this morning I recorded 237.0. I was down to 232.X but I gained it back.
                    Aug-Sept will be a more productive thirty day challenge. BP and HR is wonderful compared to my starting heart conditions...started at 160/91 and now running 110/65 or so. At least that is wonderful. HR running between 65 and 70 ish, was at 100. Best, Chas

Comment

• 19 August 2010: Dinner: chicken breast and mixed veggies with water...yumm. I want steak!

Comment

• 20 August 2010:Bfst: Necterine and water.
                        20 August 2010:Lunch: Fast
                        ....walks continue to go well. VFF's working as advertised. I like the comfort and feel of the shoes. Light too!

Still trying to get back on track from my great diet crime of 2010....a la pizza indulgence. That bout wid da gouty foot cost me about five days and five or six pounds. What a diet criminal. Egad.
                        Last edited by chasbuddy; 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• 20 August 2010: Dinner: Okay I took my college aged son and some of his friends to dinner at Macaroni Grill. The bean counters have been at work since I last visited. Meals no longer robust and no longer a good value. I predict Macaroni Grill is dead man walking in the restaurant biz within five years.
                          I ate what used to be a pork chop (actually 3 small medallions of pork) and some spinach. Hardly dented my appetite so I can home and crammed down some Monterrey Pepper Jack (abt 3 oz) and a water to fill the void. 4 kids and my wife and I spent 125.00 bux and came home less than sated. Last visit to the Grill.

Comment

• 21 August 2010: Bfst & Lunch: Fast with some coffee (3 cups) and I am beginning to feel twangs of hunger so I may change my fast through lunch. If I do I will post an edit here. Walk went swimmingly this morning. It remains hot (84F) at 5:30 AM this morning. Supposed to be 103 F today. Even my pool feels like a bath tub now. Hard to exercise at any other time than before sunrise here in Tx.

Edit: Im gonna eat something for lunch. Monterrey Jack cheese and apple slices.
                            Last edited by chasbuddy; 08-21-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• 21 August 2010: Dinner: Couple of leftover BBQ sausages, bowl of homemade chili. Like it isnt hot enough outside! Just sounded good. Water.

Comment

• 22 August 2010: Bfst: Couple cups of joe, small bowl of honeydew melon, water.

Comment

Working...
                                X