Hi everybody, I've been a lurker for about a month now. I guess this is as good a time as any to introduce myself. 30 days challenge? I'm in!
I've been trying PB for the last one month with pretty good result so far (even with only ~70% adherence!). I'm a 5'3" male living near Houston, TX. Started at 166lbs/24%BF to 158lbs/21%BF so far without hunger.
BODY MEASUREMENT GOAL
- Lose 8 lbs of body fat while keeping current lean mass. Goal: 150 lbs, 17%BF.
Currently I still slip in the occasional scoop of coconut milk icecream 1-2 times a week, and I still have coffee with 1.5 tsp of sugar every morning. My total carbohydrate consumption averages around 90 g/day. I also only have on average 1-2 servings of veggie a day. I will go 100% with regards to food for this 30 days challenge, and we'll see what happens.
- Eat much more slowly (~20) so I can listen to my body and know when I'm almost full so I can stop eating. Right now, I'm a speed eater (I can down a NY steak & veggie sides in <7 minutes).
- No more sugar in my coffee. Actually, no more coffee. I enjoy green tea, so I imagine the transition would not be that hard. Oh, and coconut milk ice cream will only be once a week (mostly saturday).
- Average carbohydrate consumption of 60g/day
- Have AT LEAST 3 servings of vegetable everyday.
Currently I practice Brazilian Jiujitsu (BJJ) twice a week (Tue & Thu) for 1 hr, and take 1 hour walks twice a week (Wed & Fri). I do nothing on Sat/Sun/Mon. Currently I can only 2 pullups, 12 pushups, and 8 burpees.
- Go to the BJJ class on monday as well, but will deliberately get in bottom positions so I do more pushing and pulling; I will treat this as my "weight training". I will up the intensity on Tue and Thu and use those as my "sprint" days.
- I will do Burpees every Wed/Sat morning. By the end of the month, I want to be able to do 25 burpees OR 20 pushups and 8 pullups.
Nice meeting y'all, and let's cross our fingers!