Primal Challenge Journal (Dragline)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Challenge Journal (Dragline)

My challenge is primarily to reduce alcohol consumption and get more varied exercise every week that includes weights, walking and sprints. Want to lose a notch in my belt.

August 3: Fasting today. Drinking only coffee, tea and water. Will try to get a walk or some kettlebell work later today.

August 4: Worked out with the kettlebells this morning and also did some pull-ups and rows.

Breakfast: Left-over baked chicken, cherries, goat milk kefir and coffee.

Mid-morning: Sip of EV olive oil and can of sardines. Herbal tea.

Comment

August 4: Lunch: Green salad with chicken, bacon, pinenuts, tomatoes and cucumbers w/ cucumber dressing. Ice tea and an apple.

Late afternoon: Sip of EV Olive oil. A few small carrots and radishes.

Comment

August 4: Dinner: Green salad with grilled chicken, feta cheese and some raspberries, blueberries and cherries on the side. Took a walk, but it was short. Later had a few nuts, 3 dark chocolate covered almonds, a small piece of goat cheese and a glass of red wine.

Comment

August 5: No breakfast. Doctor and dental appts instead. Had almonds and carrots later in a.m.

Lunch: Ceviche, green salad, small steak with egg on top. Glass of red wine. Water and coffee.

Walked a total of 1:10 to/from appointments and lunch.

Comment

August 5: Went our for dinner with old friend. Ate olives, a mashed up olive dip, seared ahi tuna, shredded vegetable salad, spinach and green beans. 3 glasses of wine (not exactly helping my goals). Walked a half hour after dinner and had 1 dark beer later.

August 6: Breakfast: Plate of raw veggies (celery, peppers, tomatoes, carrots and squash) and some raspberries, blueberries and cherries. Coffee.

Ate a nectarine and had some sardines later in the morning.

Comment

August 6: Lunch was a couple of fresh sausages and a caesar salad. Ate a couple carrots in afternoon. Dinner was a piece of beef tenderloin, a plate full of raw veggies and some berries and cherries. Walked for about 20 minutes after dinner. No alcohol today -- good for me.

Later had glass of kefir, small piece of goat cheese, 3 chocolate covered almonds and some pumpkin seeds and walnuts.

Comment

August 7: Worked out with the kettlebells before breakfast. Breakfast was a leftover extravaganza of ground beef, roasted chicken, raw vegetables and cherries. And coffee.

Comment

August 7: Couple of carrots in the late morning.

Lunch: Grilled tilapia and a huge pile of cooked spinach and broccoli.

Comment

August 7: Had a couple carrots in the afternoon and a sip of olive oil.

Dinner: Avacado salad, baked mahi-mahi and some raw fruits and vegetables. Later had some nuts, a couple of which were chocolate covered. 3 glasses of red wine total (uh-oh).

August 8: Took boy number 2 on some sprints before breakfast. Breakfast was kefir, goat cheese, a couple nuts and some berries and cherries. And coffee.

Comment

August 8: Clean-up a local park with Cub Scouts for hour in morning. Will count as walking.

Ate various pieces of baked and grilled chix for lunch with some vegetables and nuts.

Dinner: Chicken fajitas and veggies (no tortillas or beans). Gin and tonic before dinner and 2 glasses of wine at dinner. Ate fruit, nuts, goat cheese and a little chocolate later. And some more wine -- we were having too much fun, here, I guess. Bad alcohol day for me.

August 9: Breakfast was grilled chicken and veggies.

Went to gym with boy #1 and did some heavy lifting and then played basketball for about 20 minutes.

Comment

August 9: Lunch: Caesar salad with grilled chicken. Ate a few nuts in the afternoon.

Dinner: Large steak, assorted raw vegetables and some fruit. Had a small piece of definitely non-primal cheesecake to celebrate a relative's birthday. 1-1/2 glasses of red wine. Ate a few nuts after that, but that was it for the evening.

Comment

First week's assessment: Did well with exercise and food primal-ness. Did not so well will the alcohol.

Exercise: Over 3 hours walking or similar, 2 short kettlebell workouts, one heavy lifting session, sprints and playing basketball. Also trying to do the primitive squat rest/stretch several times per day.

Foods: Only non-primals were really one piece of cheesecake.

Alcohol: Approximately 15.5 - 16 drinks. Should be between 7 and 14. Needs work.

Comment

August 10: It's a fast day for me. Trying to do one a week. Water, tea and a little coffee.

Comment

Hi. I don't know where your alcohol consumption level was before you began this, but it looks to me like you are doing well. You had several alcohol free days and you were very aware of what, when, and how much you were drinking. So, I'll give you "well done" for week one. I'm working on reducing my beer intake, notice I didn't claim I'd be able to stop it completely.

Best wishes for week two.

Comment

Working...
                              X