• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B: Scrambled eggs, goat cheese, banana
    L: deli meat, goat cheese, carrots, apple
    D: hamburger, bacon, green beans
    s: beef jerky, hard boiled egg, chocolate acai

according to fitday my calories were around 2000. I seem to feel good at this amount.

My weight is not changing. I know I know I shouldn't go by this, but so frustrating when I see others post 10 pounds lost in the first month. It's a month and a half for me and it just hasn't budged. I am stronger though. I am feeling better. Baby is 10.5 weeks now. I am enjoying this eating. I sure hope the weight loss kicks in soon.

I did read the post about dairy. I have been having milk in my protein shake. And a glass of milk with snacks. I'm going to cut that out. I want to avoid most dairy. I am lactose intolerant anyway. I usually take pills to help the digestion. Goat cheese sits ok. I'm going to do like Mark and keep butter and heavy cream. We'll see if that helps.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 155 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Comment

B: scrambled eggs, goat cheese, water with coconut milk mixed in
      L: turkey hot dog, hard boiled egg

I started feeling very sick to my stomach right after i ate lunch. It was a typical reaction to lactose. I don't know what it could have been. Either the burger last night (had cheddar mixed in the meat), goat cheese this morning....or could it have been the coconut milk. I've read some people have issues with it. It may have been the burger...I thought I'd try it without my lactose pill. No ill effects right away, but lactose can stay in your gut for three days and react anytime. I had the goat cheese yesterday with no problem.... I have had coconut milk before and no issue.....hard to tell...just want to curl up on the couch.....

My Journal

Comment

I'm so thrilled to see some progress in my strength. Body weight exercises today. I did a total of 30 ( girl) pushups! Last week I could barely do two at a time. Tonight ( doing SimpleFit) I did 5 sets of 6!!

My husband and I did a 4 point caliper measurment and I am at 35% body fat. 5'3" 165 lbs, 11 weeks post partum. I will see results. I will. I have to remind myself that with PCOS and breastfeeding the weightloss will be slow. But I will see results.

My Journal

Comment

I weighed in at 163.4lbs today! The scale moved!! I will see results!

My Journal

Comment

I had to quickly log in here. It's been for good reason I haven't had time to get on here...lots of outdoor activities!

I realized last night that I had the wrong % entered into FitDay for fat....For the last few days I have been eating 30g more fat than needed. ugh. The scale showed it too....bugger. 165lbs again. My pants were a bit tighter. I also had some wild rice....maybe contributed to it too. oh well, at least it wasn't a pound of candy.....

My husband and I are trying out SimpleFit. I am feeling stronger each time. I did tweak my neck doing reverse pull-ups. I will have to do dumbbell rows for awhile I think. But I am improving on my push-ups and squats continue to be my strength. I add in some crunches b/c my core is so weak from birth....also plank position. 32 sec has been my longest hold so far.

I've taken walks, taken the boys swimming, gone on a 2.4 mile hike with some good hills in there, playing catch/chase with the boys at the park. My 8 year old son liked the idea of the game Mark suggested in that recent post. it was fun. We played fox and rabbit.

I am looking forward to rolling back the rug and dusting off some swing dance moves with my hubby. I wish we could do ballroom dancing once a week, but it is not in the budget right now....someday....

Off to take my kids to swim lessons and gymnastics. My 2.5 month old has been doing great and sleeping about 7 hours at night. If I get to bed at a decent hour, I feel rested. I am a night owl and that doesn't go well with my early bird kids. Ok, must go!

My Journal

Comment

Hi Momto3 I have also birthed 3 babies... If you discover the secret to getting your tummy stronger after childbirth... please share! Even though I gave birth 8 years ago... my tummy is still weak... I haven't tried that hard to make it strong though. I'm hoping weekly yoga helps!

Comment

Hi

just a little feedback on your diet - your fruit still looks high to me, and that could be why the scale isn't moving ... remember, today's modern fruits are NOTHING like what Grok ate (with the possible exception of blueberries) - they have been bred to be very, very, very sweet compared to what you find in the wild. A 'wild' banana is about 3" long and brown ... wild strawberries are also teeny and (relatively) bitter. And today's fruits are full of (naturally) FRUCTOSE, which, we are discovering, is just about the worst sugar there is. So... consider dropping your fruits except for blueberries and strawberries for a while, and see what happens

Good for you for getting out hiking and playing! The 'play hunting' sounds like fun too, but it's so freaking hot here that I doubt I will be doing it this week LOL. It is 100 degrees and about 90% humidity - I'm a weeny about such things!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiB View Post
                  Hi

just a little feedback on your diet - your fruit still looks high to me, and that could be why the scale isn't moving...
                  I had to smile when I read this. I had just sat down at the computer with a bowl of white peaches with a bit of heavy cream. hmmmm, I was looking back at my fruit also and yeah....too many apples and bananas. we just discovered our farmers market and have fallen in love with the berries! Thanks so much for the feedbaack MikkiB. I also remembered some advice from a nutritionist I got while pregnant and trying to avoid gestational diabetes. She said no dairy or fruit for breakfast becasue that's when I would have the biggest insulin spike .....after fasting through the night. It seems so opposite to what I crave in the morning though....but I will listen to the advice.

B: scrambled eggs cooked in butter, ity bit of shredded chaddar cheese
                  L: salami and chicken deli meat & goat cheese, lots of carrots (was craving this) and white peach with 3TB heavy cream
                  D: Chicken breast with homemade BBQ sauce (thanks MDA for the recipe - yum!), green beans

Hoping to dance a bit this evening for movement.

My Journal

Comment

I am taking an idea from others' journal...

#1 Eat Lots of Plants & Animals
                    B: almond meal pancakes cooked in coconut oil, apple butter (8 carbs)
                    L: chicken, carrots, beef jerky
                    D: not planned yet...some meat & veggies

#2 Avoid Poisonous Things
                    so far so good

#3 Move Frequently at a Slow Pace

#4 Lift Heavy Things
                    Simple Fit workout this evening

#5 Sprint Once in Awhile
                    Did yesterday, playing with the soccer ball with hubby and kids

#6 Get Adequate Sleep
                    baby is sleeping a bit better.... I think I got a total of 6 hours maybe
                    #7 Play
                    Had fun in the park with the family, sprinting, chasing, kicking the ball, laughing....it felt great!

#8 Get Adequate Sunlight
                    Out with the boys at swim lessons and playing in the park....today is swim lessons again

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes

#10 Use Your Brain
                    I am reading two books right now...and lots of MDA.
                    Last edited by Momto3; 07-21-2010, 01:15 PM.

My Journal

Comment

The scale went down. My pants are a bit looser. I'm swimming better....feeling stronger. Digestion is much improved, skin better ( not breaking out on chin like I used to.) I'm thrilled to watch my husband progress also! He did 2 pull ups!

Yesterday
                      B: whey protein, coconut milk, marionberry shake, 2 almond pancakes with butter and a dab of jam
                      L: scrambled eggs, ground beef, cheese, raw carrots
                      D: steak, cauilflower "faux-tatoes"
                      S: trail mix, almond chocolate chip cookies, blueberries with heavy cream

Today
                      B: same shake as yesterday, almond cookies
                      L: Planned scrambled eggs, steak, carrots
                      D: Planned spinach salad with steak and toasted pecans

Yesterday swam for 15-20 minutes - laps

#4 Lift Heavy Things
                      Today: Simple Fit Judgement Day

#5 Sprint Once in Awhile

#6 Get Adequate Sleep

so so.... I've got 3 kids....
                      #7 Play
                      I really want to dance...need to figure out how and when....maybe get kids to dance with me
                      #8 Get Adequate Sunlight
                      Outside for swim lessons.....maybe a walk
                      #9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes

#10 Use Your Brain
                      Last edited by Momto3; 07-23-2010, 10:06 AM.

My Journal

Comment

Congrats on the progress! That is so exciting. I find that progress breeds progress- the more I see, the harder I want to work.

Comment

Thanks slesca!
                          I enjoyed a bit more progress this morning - weight down to 162.6. Also on Friday I did 21 pushups in a row! wa-hoo! Moving up a level in SimpleFit. Cool! also on Sunday we went out on my parent's boat and I got up on waterskis. Lots of fun!

Yup! The meals have been going well. I may have found my sweet spot for weight loss....hopefully. It's right wround 2000 cal, 60% fat, 20%protein, 20% carb....sometimes less carb, a bit more fat. I feel nourished and able to keep up the milk supply and the weight is slowly coming down. I'm also feeling stronger with the exercises.

On Saturday the family did a 2.3 mile hike again with some good hills. I carried our 11 lb baby plus a water pack on my back. It was a great hike and beautiful spot. I love sharing these times with my husband and boys.

#4 Lift Heavy Things
                          Level 2 Day 1 of SimpleFit tonight!

#5 Sprint Once in Awhile

#6 Get Adequate Sleep
                          feeling tired today.... aby woke up at 4:45 this morning and then my mind started racing...I should have gotten up and done my SimpleFit, but didn't think of that. the sleepys are hitting hard right now.

#7 Play
                          Discovered a Beamo (huge frisbee thing) at a park play day today. The boys loved it. I think it would be great to add that to our gear to play with.
                          I don't really like Frisbees.....hard thing racing toward my head makes me want to duck. I think I could enjoy a Beamo.

Waterskiing!!! Lots of fun! Felt great to get up and out of the wake.

#8 Get Adequate Sunlight
                          Lots of good sun this weekend on the hike and playing on the boat.
                          #9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes

#10 Use Your Brain

My Journal

Comment

It's been a good morning so far! Baby slept through the night! I didn't get my workout in last night so did it this morning. Level 2, Day 1. 15 rounds in 20 minutes. And some more sweet progress....yesterday 162.6...today 162.0 I usually flucutate with my weight going up and down up and down....but these last few days it just keeps going down. So encouraging!

I did notice with this morning's workout my knees and wrists were making some extra noise. I wonder if it's because of doing the workout in the morning....or because I've had rice (wild & white) a few times in the past week. Before PB I was having trouble with arthritis in my right hand and a few weeks after going primal it disappeared......don't want it returning.

I've been slowly weaning the kids off of grains and sugar. I am pleased that the boys seem to be going along with it so far. I've run out of cereal and strawberry milk, waffles and regular pancakes. So far they have been accepting almond meal pancakes or scrambled eggs. I do still give them almond butter and raw honey on a sandwhich thin bun or whole wheat bread for lunch. There is still plenty of stufff to wean out, but breakfasts and suppers are going ok. They woke up this morning to see their mom working out. I am thankful we can model this lifestyle for them. It's interesting with my 8 yr old....with reading all the labels and listening to commercials, he's already picked up that low fat must be healthy and other CW stuff. We are doing our best to correct this. Amazing how marketing gets to kids. Mom, it's low fat (full of sugar) so it must be healthy right?

My Journal

Comment

It's been a few days......

It's been busy these last few days with the boys and their activities. yikes! I've had to give myself a couple time outs because my temper was way too hot. ugh. I am really struggling with this.....losing my temper. I've been stressing over things...housework that's not getting done, finances, being a good mom to my boys.....or should I say how I feel I am failing my boys at times with my temper. Then when I think of adding back in the home schooling I feel like I'm drowning. How the heck am I going to keep up?

DH and I have been going over the budget since going primal. The grocery budget went way up. I'm thankful for the other threads on here that talk about this and give ideas. One thing we implemented right away was cutting out cable tv. Anyway, it's diffused some of the stress for now.

I am really pleased with the SimpleFit progress. Tonight is judgement day. I am looking forward to seeing what I can do.

Eating has been good. I've enjoyed the bit of progress on the scale. My DH says he can see a difference in my body comp. Cool! I want to keep going!

My little guy is 3 months old today. He must be going through a growth spurt...eating more, fussy.... it's been a rough few days. But he sure is healthy! I thank God for that!

Tomorrow is a walk at the Farmers Market, then taking the boys to a kite festival. I haven't done much sprinting lately.....I wonder if we can get to the beach on Sunday.....hmmmm that would be nice.

My Journal

Comment

Just dropping by to say...

You grok! You are making some serious progress.

Great job!
                                My PB Journal
                                Started June 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X