Primal Journal:Momto3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHT tonight: simpleFit Level 4 Day 1: 22 rounds in 20 minutes
    Took advil for my hands and feet. No rice or grains today. Hopefully I will see some improvement.
    B: eggs in ghee
    L: BASpinach salad with sauerkraut on it....it worked ok.
    D: BBQ chicken thighs, zuchhini, bell pepper sauteed in butter, 1 small pumpkin spice cookie ( they turned out well with almond flour)
    Dessert: strawberries, blueberries, heavy cream
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 155 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Comment

• No turkey?

Mega props for doing SimpleFit on Thanksgiving!
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• oh no, that was Wednesday night. We did the whole she-bang on Thursday. yuum, yuum!

My Journal

Comment

Rough night last night.... ugh.

Monday: LHT Level 4 Day 1 Simple Fit 20 rounds in 20 minutes
          Wednesday: LHT Level 4 Day 2 SimpleFit 5 rounds in 9:20
          Planning for day 3 Sat morning

I had a day where I had halloween candy again....my face is telling today.
          I also had a day where I ate a whole apple with peanut butter....I have really missed peanut butter. Almond butter is ok...but mmmmmm, peanut butter.

I started glucosamine. I have been having a lot of trouble lately with my feet and other joints. Hoping this helps. I used to take it a few years ago and it helped. I was hopeful going primal would take care of things...it did help a lot though.

So tired.....must get school going......

My Journal

Comment

• Hey MT3 just browsing through and see you are down another 4 lbs in a month or so. Good for you.
            Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

• Do you consume much broth? It's a naturally rich source of glucosamine.

Comment

• I don't consume a lot of broth, but good to know. Thanks!

waist down .25" feeling a bit more room in my clothes

We were given some beautiful homemade cookies and its interesting how I will justify in eating them. I finally asked my husband to get rid of them. I was disappointed in myself. I at least admitted I needed help. Ok, move on.

Monday: LHT Simplefit
                Thursday: LHT (planned)

meals have been pretty standard. Eggs in am, spinach salad for lunch, meat and veggies for supper. Cream and berries for dessert. Dark chocolate and nuts for snack. Flavored kale for snack.

No sunshine lately and I am missing it. I am longing for a long walk.

My Journal

Comment

Can you tell I ate out a few times over the past week? plus we've received gifts of beautiful pears....so sweet.
                  I've been LHT with SimpleFit.
                  This week has been low stress so far. Holiday party, advent activities with the kids, playing with a new computer program....very enjoyable. Plus! Baby took a bottle! Need to plan a date night!

My Journal

Comment

I need to make a re-commitment to eliminate sugar. I've been allowing myself more since I've lost some weight. It's my typical cycle of commitment...reaching some success, then relaxing on my goals. Thankfully I have come a long way in my journey away from grains and sugar. It's no longer a whole bag of skittles or 8 cookies.....etc. But, I know better now. I feel better when I continue to stay vigilant. I won't say I'll be 100%, but I want to go back to the 95% instead of the 80% it's been.

Even though my weight is back up a bit, my measurements are still down. I do believe I am making muscle. I am making progress in my LHT. I am pleased with how things are going....just thinking I need to write this out to the community before the Christmas dinners and desserts start happening.

I'd also really like to go the next step for our boys. Right now they have one meal a day with grains....but since Halloween, I have allowed them 3 candies or cookies a day. I've been thinking about the long term ramifications..... an extended family member of mine just found out he has type 2 diabetes. I know I could have easily been there myself, but so thankful I've had the support of ReadytoGrok to change our lifestyle. I know it is possible to change, but how wonderful to already live the lifestyle than have to do a major life change. This is a gift I can give my children. I want to show them it is not necessary to have the grains and sweets. We have been modeling, but I think it is time to limit the stuff even more. I've been telling myself that they don't have the health problems I do so they can be more relaxed....but why am I waiting until they have a problem...isn't this about prevention? So, I am praying for wisdom in how to begin to wean them from the daily treats.....

My Journal

Comment

• My goal for the Christmas weekend was to be lighter than when I started. I did it! 154

Hosting a Christmas dinner tonight:
                      Slow cooked turkey, broccoli, wild rice, deviled eggs
                      Dessert: dark chocolate, coconut/dark chocolate cookies

Just waiting for the family to arrive!

My Journal

Comment

• 152.2!!
                        My eating the last few days:
                        B: 3 eggs cooked in butter, almond meal muffin
                        L: BAS with left over turkey, nitrate free salami
                        D: turkey breast, wild rice, veggies with butter
                        Dessert/Snacks: coconut flour /dark chocolate cookies, dark chocolate, dry roasted almonds

Interesting, I've noticed that the past few days I haven't had the berries with heavy cream. But I have had wild rice....interesting

My clothes fit a bit more loose.

I haven't LHT this week so far.....too tired or fighting another cold. Took more vit D and probiotic. I am hoping and praying and hoping that for New Year's Eve we'll be able to do a major hike up Mt. St. Helena. It's a 10 mile hike. I did it a couple years ago and it totally kicked my butt and wiped me out. My resolution was to do the hike again in better shape. Last year I was pregnant, so this is the year! It will be cold. I need to hike in my vibrams...gotta figure out a way to keep my feet warm. Please oh please oh please don't rain on Friday!

My Journal

Comment

• http://picasaweb.google.com/10458317...eat=directlink

Here's a link to some pics of my Primal Progress

My Journal

Comment

I've started logging my food again in FitDay. My average calories is 1600 or so. I'm surprised it's that low since I definitely feel satisfied. Definitely not deprived. I love this lifestyle! I got another VAP test done today. It will take 3 business days to get the results. Maybe Friday, Maybe Monday. It's been 3 months since the last one. I am so curious!! I'm also curious about my husband's results.

My Journal

Comment

• My husband I just got our VAP results back and we are so encouraged!
                              We've been primal for 7 months now.

We've been about 90% primal. We take multivitamins, Vit D, Probiotics, Fish oil. My husband also takes SloNiacin and CoQu10. (the last 3 months)

ReadyToGrok:
                              October 2010 - January 2011
                              LDL: 239 - 204
                              HDL: 55 - 52
                              VLDL: 22 - 21
                              Trig: 99 - 90
                              ApoB: 175 - 138
                              LDL - Real 226 - 181
                              Pattern B - Pattern A!!!
                              Total/HDL: 5.76 - 5.35
                              Trig/HDL: 1.8 - 1.73
                              LDL/HDL: 4.34 - 3.92

We also added C-Reactive Protein in January: .47 = low!!

__________________________________________________

Me:
                              October 2010 - January 2011
                              LDL: 134 - 113
                              HDL: 69 - 63
                              VLDL: 13 - 13
                              Trig: 59 - 49
                              ApoB: 93 - 81
                              LDL - Real 117 - 97
                              Pattern A - Pattern A
                              Total/HDL: 3.1 - 3
                              Trig/HDL: .85 - .78
                              LDL/HDL: 1.9 - 1.79

We think my husband is slower in responding since he has a genetic disposition to make vLDL and he was on statins for 10 yrs. BUT the numbers and ratios are headed in the right direction! Wa-hoo!

My Journal

Comment

• What doctor could argue with numbers like that?!

Comment

Working...
                                X