Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Challenge Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Challenge Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Okay I'll start a new one instead of using my old journal.

-Lower blood sugar even more

-No dairy

-Bring down the intensity of work-outs. Do what I feel instead and enjoy it more.

-No grains

-No sugar

-No sugar subs

-Minimize fruit to 1-2 servings per day

This month is going to be awesome.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Today's food will be eggs, coconut oil, tuna salad, cherries, beef/broccoli stir fry. I will have macros from fitday.com later in the day when I'm done eating.

Exercise will be walking.

Comment

Totally!

Comment

Hello DCKMB,

I applaud your efforts! Diabetes runs in my family and I want to avoid it at all costs. And it's completely within my power to do so!!

How do you get the picture above your screen name?? I have looked, but haven't figured it out.

Thanks! I look forward to sharing success on the challenge

Comment

I was wondering about the avatar, too! How do you do that?

Comment

@Patty & @LMG: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-to-my-profile

Comment

Hey guys- if you go to www.gravatar.com and log in with your MDA log-in, load a picture, it will automatically upload over here.

Comment

Macros for the day:

Fat 86.6 59 %

Saturated 27.0 18 %

Polyunsaturated 15.0 10 %

Monounsaturated 37.2 25 %

Carbohydrate 48.0 14 %

Dietary Fiber 11.3

Protein 86.1 27 %

Couple of notes- need more calories, need more protein. Still working on how to get more without the dairy. More meat needed obviously- think that will solve both those problems. Don't want to lose weight so need to hit at least 1600 calories and was a few hundred short of that today.

Tomorrow is my birthday and we are going to lunch at a Thai place. Have any suggestions on what to get? Usually I would do the phad thai noodles ^_^ I REALLY want the phad thai noodles....

Comment

I can get in a lot more protein if I start off my day with sausage instead of eggs (or eggs with sausage). Those little patties pack a pretty significant protein punch!

Mmm thai food... no suggestions but yum.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I had a yellow curry at a Thai restaurant last week. Not anything like the Indian version. This was more of a thick soup consistency, made from coconut milk, carrots, chicken, onions. White rice on the side which you could ignore. There were a few pieces of potato in there as well, surprisingly, but I bet you could ask they leave it out. I eat gluten-free, so I checked and there was no flour of any kind. It was kinda tasty, I have to admit!

Comment

FNW- I usually have canadian bacon with my eggs but for some reason I didn't this morning. I even have nitrate free stuff and my mind was elsewhere I suppose. I think sausage is higher in protein than canadian bacon regardless.

lbd- curry is a good idea but I am not a huge fan. I'm thinking maybe I will change the venue to CPK or some other more salad/meat friendly place. My perogative right?!

Comment

Right, that's the thing... having bacon or canadian bacon helps but sausage has more actual meat in it and is more protein-rich.

And hey, if it's your birthday, make it a steak house! haha.

And happy birthday!!! You're giving yourself an awesome gift.

Comment

How about Satay? Or the kick-ass Green Papaya Salad. Happy Birthday DCKMB!

Comment

Ohhh... Happy Birthday!

I agree. Go for steak.

Comment

Working...
                              X