Day 1: September 16, 2015
Hello folks, first time on the journal thread and hoping it provides me accountability, feedback/support, and a chance to tweak my program as I review each day. I initially discovered MDA and the Primal Blueprint several years ago, lost 40 lbs living primal lifestyle, and maintained this happily for nearly 3 years. Last year I experienced a number of stressors, many of which were exciting but stressful just the same:
- Given an amazing work opportunity that turned into a stressful second job,
- Difficult recovery from a foot/running injury
- Developed pneumonia and went on high-dose antibiotics, stimulating overgrowth of yeast (again.)
- Dealt with several difficult work situations that required me to advocate for my clients in court (successfully supported them, but still incredibly stressful for all involved.)
- Difficult client that threatened me and coworkers with physical harm
- Renovated and then sold the home where I had raised my daughters as a single mom
- Purchased a new home with my new partner, and moved in with him and his son in a new community
- Ended a friendship with a toxic and difficult friend
- Adopted a new puppy!
The result of stress plus poor sleep and making poor food choices (who can food prep/plan when their house is on the market and you can no longer cook in the kitchen?! Major mistake on my part to not prioritize healthy eating at that time, but my brain truly believed it would easily fall back into place when it all settled down.) has lead to regaining all that weight I lost several years ago. My body aches, I feel miserable and heavy.
Returned to primal eating, listen to paleo podcasts daily and love the information I read at this site as well as at Balanced Bites, The Paleo Approach, the 21-day Sugar Detox, and Paleo Parents. I am fully immersing myself in this and thinking of it as my "second job" - I must give my health as much energy as I give everything else.
So, here's the food for today:
B: Almond milk, hemp protein powder, pumpkin, pumpkin spice all blended into a shake
S: 1 mandarin orange
L: 3 hardboiled eggs, sesame crackers, grapes
D: (will be...haven't had it yet but have this planned as we are on the run tonight with family events) Breakfast for Dinner: Paleo Waffles (eggs, coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla) and bacon
Looks like a lot of eggs today - so perhaps bringing tuna today would have been better! Ah well, onto tomorrow.
Exercise for today:
AM: 15 minute walk in the neighborhood with the dog
PM: (planned) Cycling
Thanks for reading,