Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Challenge Journal (FNW)

My goals for this challenge:

1. Fruit: only berries (I've gotten a little fruit-crazy lately)

2. At least 8 hours of "moving slowly" (walking) this month.

3. 1 sprinting workout per week (about 10 minutes)

4. Son of Grok's beginner workout ( http://www.sonofgrok.com/2009/02/exe...ance-training/ ) 3 times a week

5. No snacking after dinner

6. Get in bed before 11:30pm

I also want to start taking my fish oil supplements that I bought a couple weeks ago... 2 capsules with each meal will give me the right amount of Omega-3s I think.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Are we supposed to start a fresh journal for this challenge? I was just going to use my current one...

Comment

I wanted to start a fresh one... I don't think you "have to" though. I just wanted to symbolize the switch to doing things slightly differently from before - to myself. Does that make sense? haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Yeah totally makes sense. Think I will do the same.

Comment

Monday, August 3: (will update this entry as the day progresses)

1. Fruit: none

2. Moving slowly 8 hr/month: 20 minutes (20 min total)

3. Sprint 1/week: none

4. SoG workout 3/week: none

5. No post-dinner snacks:

6. Bedtime 11:30pm:

7. Fish oil: with lunch and dinner

B: 2 pieces homemade sausage and 1 piece bacon

S: 1 piece homemade sausage (that stuff is GOOD)

L: 3 deviled eggs, handful of nuts

D: Chicken thigh and veggies

Comment

Monday, August 3: (will update this entry as the day progresses)

1. Fruit: none

2. Moving slowly 8 hr/month: 20 minutes (20 min total)

3. Sprint 1/week: none

4. SoG workout 3/week: none

5. No post-dinner snacks:

6. Bedtime 11:30pm:

7. Fish oil: with lunch and dinner

B: 2 pieces homemade sausage and 1 piece bacon

S: 1 piece homemade sausage (that stuff is GOOD)

L: 3 deviled eggs, handful of nuts

D: Chicken thigh and veggies

Comment

thanks for the SOG link -- I'm gonna use that as I design my workout habit.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Sure thing grandma. Glad it was useful for someone else!

Comment

er... anyone know why I can't edit my posts above? It double-posted and I wanted to erase one, and also wanted to edit it for the end of the day... maybe because it's been replied-to now I can't edit? didn't know that. oops.

Comment

Must not be able to on this board. Bummer.

I love the SOG link. I'm gonna have to try that out! Grok on!

Comment

Since I can't edit my post I'll just "finish" here:

5. Had an early dinner, but no snacks afterward even though I've been wanting to nibble something. I think coffee or green tea might be the way to go when I want to snack after dinner (I always drink decaf coffee, btw). Maybe will make some coffee when the husband comes home from flying.

6. Will for sure get to bed early enough tonight! I'm going to aim for sometime between 10:30 and 11:30.

7. Took 2 capsules of fish oil with lunch and 2 with dinner. Have not experienced "Fish burps" so hopefully I got a decent brand and won't have that happen. It sounds so gross!

I bought ketostix at the store yesterday and am super excited to try them out to see if I'm in ketosis. Tomorrow morning I'll give it a try!

Aaaand... I was going to go for another walk with the dog but I don't think that's going to happen tonight.

Comment

Let me know how those ketostix work out. I thought about buying some for survival week but didn't. Should be very interesting! I think it takes about 2 days for me to get into ketosis- judging by how smelly my pee is by day 2 or 3. :-)

Comment

I'll let you know! I can't tell any difference in pee or breath smell. haha. So that's part of why I bought them...

And as I understand it, you may be in ketosis but still have a negative reading on the strips (if you are very well hydrated or if your body is using all the ketones and not expelling much extra). So they're not a 100% bet.

It's 8:50pm now and I'm actually going to get ready for bed. VERY sleepy and husband is still not home from his flight yet.

The extra sleepiness might be from the benedryl. Stupid allergic reaction all over my body... benedryl was the only thing that seemed to help.

Comment

Weren't you going to the Dr. today for that?

Comment

ugh still awake. Going to bed in a sec.

Yes I was going to the doctor but cancelled my appt because I had NO itching all day long after taking benedryl yesterday. This evening it came back, so I took another benedryl. Sucks.

But honestly if I went to the doctor I'm sure he would've just "prescribed" me benedryl.

Comment

Working...
                              X