Primal Challenge Journal LittleMissGrok

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Challenge Journal LittleMissGrok

I challenge myself to not cheat for 30 days!

I'm eating primal because I need to lose ALOT of weight (need to lose 150 lbs total) and get my diabetes under control. I can't afford grass fed meat at this time, but I do try to get antibiotic and hormone free meat and buy organic whenever I can.

Trying to stay under 50 carbs due to T2 diabetes.

I lift heavy things at the gym M-W-F and I have to move an 80 lb girl around at work.

I eat a weird schedule, since I work 11pm-7am as a home health nurse with a 14 year old girl with CP. I usually eat at around 8pm when I wake up and when I get home around 8 or 9 am. (Trying to get day shift.) I'm taking 6000 IU D3 to make up for the lack of day light, fish oil caps and 200 mcg of chromium polynicotinate.

Today's food:

0930: 4 egg omelet with bacon, 1/2 avocado and goat cheese

I try to eat local, but I will NOT eat Florida avocados.

Comment

avocados = heaven

Comment

aren't they?

Comment

My lifting routine:

Ball squats, bench press, lat pull downs, dumbbell military press, plie squats, walking lunges

15 reps x 2 circuits (second circuit is until failure about 8-10 usually)

Then I do smaller muscle groups like bicep curls, triceps pull downs, hammer curls, etc, depending on how I feel that day.

Too hot to go walking now..damn Florida weather!

Comment

Forgot to put starting weight an height lol

5'5" and 317.2

Comment

What's wrong with Florida avocados?

Comment

They're lower in fat, so less healthy. They're grainy, less creamy and have less flavor.

Comment

My food last night:

2030: 8 oz steak and broccoli with butter

0300: 6 oz ground beef with bacon, green peppers and onion all cooked in bacon fat then tomato paste and heavy cream mixed in. With a little bit of goat cheese.

6 strawberries with whipped cream. Had to use Rediwhip because I was at work and I'm sure the parents wouldn't want me whipping cream up while they're trying to sleep lol

Might eat something before bedtime at 1100..

Comment

cute name, LMG ! ... sounds like some yum-O meals there -you can whip ahead of time and bring in a container - yummmm ... last night my 3 yo was eating sliced strawberries and whipped cream - with his fingers !!!!!

Good to know on the avocados - are those the small dark ones ???

PrimalMom
                    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Comment

Yup, the small dark ones. The big green ones actually boast lower in fat..like that's a GOOD thing..

Will whipped cream stay whipped for 4-5 hours without sugar in it?

Comment

Just ate some more of the ground beef mix and a bunch of bing cherries with whipped cream.

Off to bed!

Comment

Whip heavy cream without any additives. You can find Organic Valley heavy cream in this area, as well as cream from local farmers that's not got those terrible carrageenans, polysorbates, monotryglycerides, triglyceride type additives. I know such cream is available around the country. Look for cream listed as having zero carbs. You can have it unbeaten on strawberries (if beating will wake people!) and you can dilute it to have zero carb milk.

I beat the cream so the peaks hold really well when I remove the beaters - but it's definitely cream and not butter! And it's great to eat. The beating makes it closer to butter than many want for whipped cream. It keeps its peaks for many days in the fridge. A function of the natural cream without additives and being relatively well-beaten.

Comment

I know HOW to whip cream, I just didn't think it would stay whipped for several hours.

Comment

Just went out for wings..not breaded, but fried in veggie oil guess I'll take extra fish oil caps to balance the fats today..

Comment

Working...
                              X