Injuries/Plantar fasciitis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries/Plantar fasciitis

Anyone have and home remedies for Plantar fasciitis? Right now I'm icing, attempting to stay off and stretching foot/calf w/ tennis ball and heel calf stretching exercises. Someone please tell me it will eventually heal : (

PT & custom orthodics ($400)
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I don't know what to tell ya, foot problems here too, it's a bitch.
      I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

I think barefoot Ted would have something to say about orthotics. The only time I had trouble with plantar fasciitis was when I had been wearing fancy running shoes with orthotics for too long. Since I have been going barefoot again and doing calf lifts on toes I have not had any problems. The theory is that our fancy running shoes are like girdles to our feet. If you where one of those too long the muscles in your torso get too weak to hold you up. The same is true for feet. The shoe industry has gotten so good at supporting our feet that all the muscle tone is gone. Send a note to barefoot Ted. You can find his website on the internet.

Comment

just until the pain goes away. Personally Im wearing Nike free's & vibram five fingers. However I have 2 relatives that orthodics got rid of the pain.
          "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Comment

I ripped my arch in my sophomore year of high school. tried doing the barefoot thing before. all it does is rip again (not as severe, but you get that feeling like your foot is about to tear in half). I haven't really been able to figure out how to fix it. I do have orthotics that I use occasionally, but not near as much as I use to. and the flat foot has offset my left ankle and left hip.
            sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
            Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
            With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
            Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
            MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Are you able to run now?

Comment

I can run, but only in supportive tennis shoes with my orthotics. I also had to take a 1 year break after ripping my arch from running or anything that might pull it again
                sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
                Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
                With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
                Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
                MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Sorry to hear about the torn arch. That sounds painful. I am surprised I have had not problems switching back to no support shoes because I am heavy and have small feet. You would think the pressure would be too much but so far, so good. It sure makes you feel like a kid again and at 58 that ain't easy. When I was 18 I hitchhiked to Niagra Falls from Madison Wisconsin in bare feet. Lot of highway walking. ;-)

Comment

You mentioned stretching. Is it where you put a strap under the ball of your foot and pull back. Another thing that works sometimes is for someone to start a foot massage--sort of like shiatsu--an then give your big toe a good, strong jerk. You can often hear the snap, but it feels good.
                    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Hey thanks. Will give that strap thing a try. I have a yoga strap that should be the ticket just for that. Also, the tug on the Big toe sounds painfully wonderful. Like a Cramer/Seinfeld moment: "...From pain, will come pleasure" Thanks!.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGay View Post
                        Anyone have and home remedies for Plantar fasciitis? Right now I'm icing, attempting to stay off and stretching foot/calf w/ tennis ball and heel calf stretching exercises. Someone please tell me it will eventually heal : (
                        Are you doing the glass-coke-bottle-icing thing? That's the most helpful ime. I've had problems with a pulled muscle in my left arch, have broken bones in both feet (back in my D deficient days) and most recently 8-12 weeks of achilles tendonitis. A variety of things helped everything but the last and the VFFs have REALLY ramped up my foot function. It's nearly unbelievable and sounds like hyperbole to express just how much they've helped but they have. Everything about my feet and foot function is 1000x better.

But do try getting a small glass coke bottle or two (empty), freezing it in a thin sock, then using that to ice your foot 2x per day at least.

Are you getting enough D? Sufficient 25(OH)D levels lower various inflammation markers in the body. Plantar fascitis is essentially inflammation. It's worth a try. See my D doc at in my sig line.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I've had decent luck with the Strassburg sock for PF. It's a special sock that stretches the foot overnight (or while you're reclined in reading/watching TV). I use it after racquetball games when I know I've overexerted and need a little help to repair those muscles. If I was a runner, I'd use it after runs, too.

Comment

Are you able to run now?
                            Hey Dave,

I was a avid runner for about 3 years when plantar reared its ugly head. I ignored it, got the inserts and kept running. 6 months later I was in an air cast for a solid two months then another 2 months of physical therapy because i had actually ripped the muscle ignoring the pain. The tennis ball move is great, but the main thing was stretching for me. Nobody actually stretches their feet or ankles. If you wear shoes its a must. I eventually ran again (a 1/2 marathon actually) and have never had a problem since, but you have to let yourself heal. It sucks, but it's true. Pain is your bodies way to let you know something is wrong. Ice, stretch and take it easy on the foot. It will probably take a while to fully recover. Just the way the game is played.

Comment

HTP Heel Seats

These HTP Heel Seats really helped me through plantar fasciitis issue. I suffered for over a year and even tried custom orthotics. These helped me start running again. Now I only wear them when I feel a little twinge of heel or arch pain...

http://www.heel-that-pain.com/htp_he...FQ9HnQodQhuYGw

Comment

Working...
                              X