Pro Bodybuilding X Paleo/Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Bodybuilding X Paleo/Primal

Why do you guys think we don't found a pro BB going Paleo/Primal?

Maybe because they're too busy keeping up with the latest in pharmaceutical enhancements?

Comment

Pro bodybuilders aren't interested in health, they're interested in muscle hypertrophy.

If you want to build the kind of physique they have, you need ample carbs (as well as the previously mentioned pharmaceutical enhancements).

Comment

But it'd be a primal diet with some more carbs, only the sufficient to achieve their needs. And the natural bodybuilders aren't so big and they are professionals too. Here in Brazil we have only one woman, at least that I could find.

Comment

I know Kiefer of Dangerously Hardcore went to PaleoFX this year and he has lots of figure competitor clients... so maybe some are?

Comment

Originally posted by upupandaway View Post
            I know Kiefer of Dangerously Hardcore went to PaleoFX this year and he has lots of figure competitor clients... so maybe some are?
            Kiefer promotes a diet called carb backloading, which includes plenty of non-primal food eaten after training.

Comment

But you can also backload with primal type foods, doesn't have to be cherry turnovers!

Comment

Originally posted by jhed View Post
                Kiefer promotes a diet called carb backloading, which includes plenty of non-primal food eaten after training.
                I've heard his interview with Robb Wolf (I think it's podcast number 160 or 161, maybe?) - he was talking about ripe bananas as a possible backload food, so I guess it doesn't have to be donuts.

Comment

I've heard his interview with Robb Wolf (I think it's podcast number 160 or 161, maybe?) - he was talking about ripe bananas as a possible backload food, so I guess it doesn't have to be donuts.
                  In the carb nite book, which I have, he really pushes desserts, breads, pastas, and other wheaty treats.

Comment

I think he has refined his views a little on that, I reckon keeping it wheat free is the important bit for most people

Comment

Grapes and brewers yeast are both great immediatly´post-workout. Then a combination of potatoes, sweet-potaoes, white rice and ripe bananas for glycogen re-fill. And don't forget enough sodium, and also sufficient water with the carbs, unless you are doing a "dry carb-load"...
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        In the carb nite book, which I have, he really pushes desserts, breads, pastas, and other wheaty treats.
                        Ha! He must have decided to preach to the choir on the Paleo Solution then.

Comment

I use to do the "backload" carb thing but found I was stuck in a rut - not to mention felt like hell afterwards

I have been Primal 80/20 since 30 days now and love it - of course a throw in a few days per month with heavier carbs from banana's, yams, dates, fruits, etc - but not nearly as much as I use to - I was doing upwards of 500+ carbs after a fasted PM lift session - way too much!

Now its more like 200 grams 1-2 hours post lift on real heavy lift sessions.

Plus I feel so much better/fuller and more satisfied with fats up to 125-140 grams per day and protein high

I also fast consistently daily from 10pm - to 6pm (next day)

I love the Primal/ IF combo - have been the leanest, most muscular in all my years since doing this method!

Can't see myself doing anything else now

Comment

Ya ripe banana's or spotted banana's changes it's sugar from fructose to glucose so it can be shuttled to your muscles instead of your liver

Comment

Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post
                              I also fast consistently daily from 10pm - to 6pm (next day)

I love the Primal/ IF combo - have been the leanest, most muscular in all my years since doing this method!

Can't see myself doing anything else now
                              How much can you lift in fasted state? e.g. squat, deadlift, bench?

I tried and failed. I lift heavy twice a week (once week for each compound exercise) and my lifting has strong correlation with how much carb i eat from the prev day to the lift.

I can handle body weight or light weight work, not heavy lifts.
                              Few but ripe.

Comment

Working...
                              X