No announcement yet.

Best martial art?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what sounds like a solid system. It's called SCARS. It was founded by a guy who wrote a PhD thesis for the Naval Academy about why/how it's better to be offensive in your self-defense than defensive. This is exactly what I said a little bit ago.

Check out this video. It should start for you at 3:06. Here, you get to see constantly flowing chi. They're missing the "concentrated" aspect of the chi of course (meaning learning to use every ounce of your body to produce max impact power), but it's better than other stuff I've seen.

Interestingly enough, that sequence at 3:06 is an exact technique I've been taught in Shou Shu, which borrows its techniques from Tracy's Kenpo.

http://youtu.be/l6NzO2LRyj0?t=3m6s
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-08-2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• This is also quite effective:

Comment

• This might just work too...
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
          Now, I have no problem learning a variety of arts. I think there can be a 'better' art but it's unlikely there is a 'perfect' art out there. A little Sambo or Jiu Jitsu would be a great contrast to a primarily striking art. I don't know if I would want to use it though if I could avoid it.

Let me quote a conversation over this stuff from another forum. Let me know what you think....

Tell ya what I think. The entire exchange is fictional bullshit.

When do you ever get this: BJJ mate: (silent for a bit) "Yeah but if the fight goes to the ground..."

BJJ mate silent for a bit? On a forum exchange? Come on now, get real.

Comment

• Are we talking competition or street self-defense? Because those are two completely different avenues. And I'll give you a reason in two words; multiple opponents

Comment

Working...
            X