Cross Country Running Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country Running Advice

My middle daughter will be running cross country for the next school year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Georgette

Do a variety of workouts; long distance, sprints, lifting

Comment

She needs to run during the summer. My daughter ran cross-country in middle school and high school, and she always put off running until the middle of August, when something always came up.

Comment

I know they are doing conditioning next month and I told her that she might as well start running now so we went out for an hour and she did some walk/run type stuff.
        Georgette

Comment

I have my xcountry running team eat just a little before and have something for after if they are hungry. My daughter gets really hungry at night if she is running a lot. She eats a lot of ice cream--I either make it myself or I buy quality stuff with simple ingredients, nothing artificial-haagen daz, turkey hill natural, annies--but check the labels for the simplest recipe. Also on the hardest days I feed her bacon and eggs with fruit for breakfast.

I have cut up fruit at the end of a lot of practices and the girls devour it.

Really, they are young, made to move and the mileage is not extreme.

Comment

Working...
          X