No announcement yet.

Triathlon Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't mark compete in triathalons as well?
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

To reiterate what some of the others have said:

The swim will kick your ass, if for nothing else than the sheer crush of people flailing about your head and all the water you will inadvertently snort down. Open-water swimming is a very different animal than practicing in a pool. Get in as many open-water swims as you can.

Also, bricks!, as mentioned above.

It's good to join a tri training group, esp. this first time, if it's in your budget. Great structure, skills, as well as camaraderie.

This whole thing is really intimidating the first time around, but you'll come to love it and will count it amongst your highest accomplishments. Very easy to see on race day who has prepared and who hasn't. I've seen large people who trained hard flying past skinny ones who didn't.

Lots of videos on YouTube for inspiration on those days you don't feel like moving your butt.
      Last edited by TigerLily; 07-28-2010, 01:37 AM.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Oh, another thing:
        Coming into the week of the race, your training should have already peaked and you should just be coasting (relatively speaking!) for the week, not still pushing it hard at that point.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
        X