Muscle Soreness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Soreness

I know certain foods are good for muscle soreness and recovery but some are carbs...such as sweet potatos and pineapple and cherries. I went snowshoeing yesteday for 3 1/2 hours and felt the pain in my quads today...was considering eating some sweet potato to help with recovery as that is what I would have done in the past in addition to extra protein. what are other foods are good for muscle soreness and recovery?
    Thanks!

A Magnesium supplement became important for me after I went primal. I experienced more soreness and even cramping after starting primal and the magnesium definitely helped.

Comment

There aren't really any foods that aid in muscle soreness if you did a ton of activity in a day that you're not used to. As long as you're getting adequate protein and a good amount of carbohydrates to fuel your activity, then your bases are covered. Time will heal the soreness.

Comment

I play cricket and suffer from severe DOMS in my left thigh every time I bowl. I've learnt to manage it over the years, and a combination of menthol, foam rollering, ice and compression helped me get by.

That is until 3 weeks ago when I started wearing two strips of Kinesiology tape on the thigh. For me, this stuff has been a miracle. If you are a regular DOMS sufferer, I recommend you give this a try even if you are skeptical of how something so seemingly insignificant could help.

Comment

Originally posted by glent1 View Post
          I've learnt to manage it over the years, and a combination of menthol, foam rollering, ice and compression helped me get by.
          I second the foam rolling! I know it doesn't really answer your question about food, but it can do wonders for sore muscles!

Comment

Foam rolling, lax balls, plus some stretching are your best bets. I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep.

Comment

The best exercise for your Muscles and always be healthy and smart and strogn by the Muscles is Kayaking in the buggest and deep ocean waves by riding on the Kayak with paddling this is maintain your Muscles strong and best exercise for your Muscles.......

Comment

good info, I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Koobs View Post
                  Foam rolling, lax balls, plus some stretching are your best bets. I have found magnesium oil to help a little, but that's mostly due to the deep sleep.
                  I second the lax balls and foam rollers. If soreness is in your back, a posture ball can be awesome, as well. Amazon.com: Posture Ball, 6 inch. (15cm): Sports & Outdoors
                  My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

Comment

May be completely placebo affect... but I notice a difference when I take my fish oil.

Not food related - a hot shower (or hot tub if you are lucky enough) and then easy movement the same day (go for a walk that evening or something) seems to help me. A hot shower with some stretching and then making sure to not just sit down and tighten up seems to make me feel better the next day than sitting on my butt all night.

Comment

I drink a serving of whey protein powder immediately after I lift...I think it helps muscle repair faster thereby less soreness

Comment

Magnesium cured my cramps, which I've had my whole life, long before Primal. My cramps were worse than any soreness, though always caused by overexertion, often in heat, and soreness associated. Baking soda is the fastest-acting cure for a nice death cramp that threatens to tear the muscle from your bones. But regular soreness? Just magnesium, time and good nutrition will fix just fine.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I second the foam rolling and throw in a hot bath with epsom salt. Keeps me going most days!
                          -mikewootini
                          ==================================================
                          While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
                          twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

Comment

Working...
                          X