Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I FINALLY had a decent half marathon running on FAT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HispanicGamer, any fears that the San Diego Rock & Roll Half will be cancelled like others have been?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hi Jen,

I don't think Competitor will cut the run because it keeps growing every year. I loved this year's half marathon course but felt sad for the Full folks who had to run down into Mission Valley on I-163 and then go back up it at mile 20. That just looked brutal! Hopefully the number of Half folks will keep Competitor wanting it to continue especially since they are getting up to $140 per entry!

Comment

• I know there are a lot of runners who are ticked about the East Coast and Midwest R&R runs being cancelled and have said they'll never sign up for another R&R run... it's a bummer b/c I was interested in a couple of them. Oh well. There are enough other races in our area that I can get my fills.

Comment

• The only R & R's I have done are Savannah and the Country Music. They are so, so big! But I enjoyed them. In Savannah I remembered how poorly I felt. I had qualified for A corral and you are in there with all these elite athletes and I look like a housewife with a skirt on in a sea of super fit men. The gun goes off and they just go incredibly fast-they are already in the front, who are they trying to beat? Not feeling well, I started very slow. I kind just had to keep my head down and run and use the portapotties along the way. Well, I looked up at the end and I finished in 1:47! I was so happy. Then I had a 2 mile walk to the hotel-not fun.

I hiked with a friend this morning 5.5, ran 4, and then walked 3 with my last client. I am just tired. My big toe joint really hurts-maybe it is turf toe? We have 2 baseball games and 2 lacrosse games tomorrow so I think I am going to take the day off-I kind of get really nervous doing that. And then when I see people running when I am on my way to wherever I get really mental. Okay, I am a nutcase.

I hit 100 carbs today with some nuts and chia seeds mixed with a greek yogurt. Hopefully, it won't stall my weight loss for my big life insurance physical.

Comment

• I finally got my MCT oil and will try the real BP tea, I prefer tea. I was using coconut oil while I waited for my oil to get here. I will then go for an 8-9 mile run to see if I am capable of running on fat. I have promised myself a nice juicy burger, no bun of course, and a nice cold beer. Also picked up some nuun tabs and will take it in my water bottle.

Comment

• Hispanicgamer-the mct takes several weeks to get used to so I would still use coconut milk and then a little mct and then gradually increase mct lessen coconut milk. I usually use 1 tbl mct with 1 tbl butter.

I eat right after a long hard run-others cant stomach it. I think it is kind of a PWO mentality-that my body really uses those calories for good. A burger is awesome. Maybe add a little banana, sweet potato or a veg if you can? The little bit of carbs for your brain because you will completely deplete your glucose on the run-just have a little carbs. My favorite is a burger, a dollop of sweet potatoes with butter and a side of sautéed French green beans with sea salt.

Okay, off for a day at the lacrosse field-double header. I have good food and lacroix's packed.

Turf toe it is-I emailed a pic to my orthopedic friend and described pain. RICE. I am not running tomorrow either

Comment

• Had a decent run. Not great but okay. I guess what I find interesting about BP Tea is that during the week I feel great at 12:00 when I go running but this morning I felt meh. Maybe the genes haven't kicked in and don't work after 1 hr. of drinking BP tea? I've commited to keep doing it though. On a brighter note my weight is still falling and I don't feel any ill effects with being Primal and having BP tea. To be continued.
                Last edited by Hispanicgamer; 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hispanicgamer View Post
                  Had a decent run. Not great but okay. I guess what I find interesting about BP Tea is that during the week I feel great at 12:00 when I go running but this morning I felt meh. Maybe the genes haven't kicked in and don't work after 1 hr. of drinking BP tea? I've commited to keep doing it though. On a brighter note my weight is still falling and I don't feel any ill effects with being Primal and having BP tea. To be continued.
                  What's more likely is that in the morning, you're nervous system isn't fully aroused as it would be at 1200h, which is responsible for the 'meh' (technical term ) sensation. I personally use coffee not tea and get caffeinated to the point of a hummingbird. Black coffee is the best pre workout.

Comment

• I am a huge fan of coffee too. I think it is the ultimate athletic drink! I haven't done it but if there is a coffee goo, I'm sure coffee in my water bottle would not be insane! I have put sam adams in my water bottle in ultra trail races before

Turf toe--it is purple and swollen but feels okay when I wake up, hurts by the end of the day. I am on day 2 of NOTHING.

I am making ground on burning fat. My arms are definitely more defined. I was sitting out on the patio getting my 15 min of Vitamin D and looking at them and they looked better. My arms are a little bat wingish from my overweight days so they are looking better. My trainer really works my arms and shoulders a lot, trying to strengthen my upper back because of an old injury.

I may try to find a 10k to run this next weekend if it doesn't interfere with the kids games to much. I leave for my relay the 24th. There aren't a lot of long legs-I have 17.9 total miles. I thought it was more. The only other set of legs that is longer is 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by relaygirl View Post
                      Turf toe--it is purple and swollen but feels okay when I wake up, hurts by the end of the day. I am on day 2 of NOTHING.
                      Can you get at a bicycle?

Comment

• Annlee-I can't bend at that joint so I don't think I can cycle. How are you doing? I hope well.

I think rest is best because I have to run anyway M-F with my doggy clients. I KT taped it today. I found several different ways on youtube.

I really dig with my toes going up steep climbs and trail running. I wonder if it happened then.

Had an awesome dinner with spaghetti squash, grilled shrimp and roasted cherry tomatoes with fresh spinach stirred in while it was hot. Really, really good. I sauté all the elements together in coconut oil for a minute to finish it and get a little fat in there. Not primal but I used Emeril's essence and sea salt on it all.

Fat loss is working-I am not getting on the scale for a while because I get obsessed with it. It takes so long just to lose a half lb too so I don't want to get disappointed. I am done with putting on weight. I know I am not fat by any means and I only have 10 lbs to lose-but I yoyo up and down and it affects my moods, my clothes, my running. no more binges. I got a smaller running skirt on this weekend (to sit around at kids activities in since I was not running ). So making good progress.

Comment

• I'm so used to FB that I was looking for a Thumbs Up button. Glad your giving your toe a rest. I think I've had that injury before from running up hills. Even though you're not running it sounds like you're making up for it by your work outs. Funny thing about the obsession with the scale, I had a similar experience a month ago when I hit a plateau but then a week later, my weight started to drop again. I just hit another plateau and I'm still yo-yoing but I know eventually my weight will drop again. Hope your toe gets better soon!

Comment

• I had what I thought was turf toe too. Big toe joint hurt like hell. I went to my chiropractor and told her what it was. When I pushed back on the toe, it felt so incredibly tight along the bottom of the toe into the ball of the foot. Bending the toe felt fine. My chiropractor, who does A.R.T., managed to perform her magic on it and now it feels fantastic! Never would have known anything was wrong with it! Do you have access to an A.R.T. doc? You can find one using this link: Active Release Techniques: A.R.T.

I hope the toe heals quickly. I tried RICE for mine and that didn't work. Dealt with it for over a year before the chiro finally fixed it.

Comment

• oh man if i have coffee first thing then run i can be guaranteed a mid-run poop!

depending on the length of the run i often go off a coffee+coconut oil+egg yolk concoction only. that's usually if i run 12km. if more i have to eat a shake (whey protein, 1/2 banana, berries, 1/2 avocado, scoop 24h yoghurt, water) then wait a few hours.

i cannot run right after eating. never could.

usually after a run i can't have a big meal so i might have a/another shake or an apple+almond butter then wait an hour or so until i'm hungry. i usually just listen to what my needs are and don't have anything pre-set.

so i was wondering if anyone set goals non-weight related, for their runs that they have met? not necessarily time or PBs but in terms of how long they can go, how they feel, injury-free etc.

my goal for next year is to do a few half marathons just for fun, then focus on trails. so my cross-training will be 2x week of lots of hills, squats, weights. then hopefully 2xweek yoga. we shall see!

Comment

• meloroaster-I have always wanted to run Big Sur. And Hood to Coast on an ultra team. My goals are usually rewarded with new running skirts

I deadlifted 165 today (that is good for me ) More than my body weight for the first time ever. Then I did like 4 million wall balls. I can hardly move.

Anyone racing this weekend? I am feeling so good about my relay the next weekend. Very excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X