Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maffetone heart-rate exercise - best way to improve?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying the Maffetone Method on and off for a year or more. I can't seem to make it work for me. Is the diet part really crucial? I mean if I like a beer a few nights a week might that prevent it working? Or am I just being optimistic with my max HR? I don't want to faff around at too low a HR. At the moment I can start off running full time, then reduce to walk/run after an hour or so. I just don't seem to improve. How much running do I need to do for it to pay off? Any thoughts or experiences welcome. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Dr. Maffetone's is a monthly guest on another podcast called Plant Endurance and I've listened to him a lot there. He says that if you aren't seeing improvements then there is a metabolic problem and diet is the first place to look. So yes, from what I've heard your fuel is a big deal. As they use to say in Crossfit, you will never out perform your diet.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Thanks for the heads up wanderinjack, I'll have a listen to the pod cast you mentioned. Maybe it's time to get serious and cut out the beer :-o

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
        X