Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testosterone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    To boost testosterone:
    -look at pictures of pretty women (or a pretty woman in real life) [handsome and rugged men, for the ladies here]
    -sex, sex, sex...
    -eat red meat and fats from red meats
    -eat "meatey" textured seafood, like shellfish, shark and swordfish
    -lift heavy weights
    -get some sunlight (nude sunbathing is apparently best for the dudes, sunlight on your penis gives you more Vit D than any other part of your body, and Vit D from sunlight boosts testosterone)
    -sleep until no longer tired, even if you have a schedule, you should be waking up either before your alarm or waking feeling rested and alert)
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Kochin View Post
      To boost testosterone:
      -look at pictures of pretty women (or a pretty woman in real life) [handsome and rugged men, for the ladies here]
      -sex, sex, sex...
      -eat red meat and fats from red meats
      -eat "meatey" textured seafood, like shellfish, shark and swordfish
      -lift heavy weights
      -get some sunlight (nude sunbathing is apparently best for the dudes, sunlight on your penis gives you more Vit D than any other part of your body, and Vit D from sunlight boosts testosterone)
      -sleep until no longer tired, even if you have a schedule, you should be waking up either before your alarm or waking feeling rested and alert)
      Hmm, good to know, I will open up the zipper and roll it out when walking alone in the sunshine hereafter...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

      - Schopenhauer

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Kochin View Post
        To boost testosterone:
        -look at pictures of pretty women (or a pretty woman in real life) [handsome and rugged men, for the ladies here]
        -sex, sex, sex...
        -eat red meat and fats from red meats
        -eat "meatey" textured seafood, like shellfish, shark and swordfish
        -lift heavy weights
        -get some sunlight (nude sunbathing is apparently best for the dudes, sunlight on your penis gives you more Vit D than any other part of your body, and Vit D from sunlight boosts testosterone)
        -sleep until no longer tired, even if you have a schedule, you should be waking up either before your alarm or waking feeling rested and alert)
        Dunno about some of these suggestions, maybe they're spot on. Looking at pretty partners though may do more to boost dopamine, the hormone of want, rather than testosterone. I know it boosts dopamine and isn't the best thing if you are in a relationship or wanting to be in one. I think it is a mistake.

        Having sex doesn't lower or raise testosterone. It lowers raises oxytocin, dopamine, and raises vasopressin. It has nothing to do with testosterone raising or lowering, to my knowledge.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by richard View Post
          Dunno about some of these suggestions, maybe they're spot on. Looking at pretty partners though may do more to boost dopamine, the hormone of want, rather than testosterone. I know it boosts dopamine and isn't the best thing if you are in a relationship or wanting to be in one. I think it is a mistake.

          Having sex doesn't lower or raise testosterone. It lowers raises oxytocin, dopamine, and raises vasopressin. It has nothing to do with testosterone raising or lowering, to my knowledge.
          How to Increase Your Testosterone | The Art of Manliness
          How To Improve Your Testosterone Levels Part 2 (studies cited)
          How to increase testosterone naturally (number 10)
          Basically: sex (and things that make you think of sex, or even just getting an erection, in some cases) releases oxytocin, this triggers the release of endorphins, which, in turn, triggers a slight increase in testosterone. This chain-reaction can even become a cycle, with higher levels of testosterone leading to stronger "happy hormone" boosts, meaning greater testosterone boosts are triggered by the "happy hormones". This more than compensates for the dopamine in the long run. Your body is basically rewarding you for thinking like a sexually-active alpha. ;p
          --
          Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

          --
          I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
          I'd apologize, but...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by richard View Post
            Dunno about some of these suggestions, maybe they're spot on. Looking at pretty partners though may do more to boost dopamine, the hormone of want, rather than testosterone. I know it boosts dopamine and isn't the best thing if you are in a relationship or wanting to be in one. I think it is a mistake.

            Having sex doesn't lower or raise testosterone. It lowers raises oxytocin, dopamine, and raises vasopressin. It has nothing to do with testosterone raising or lowering, to my knowledge.
            How to Increase Your Testosterone | The Art of Manliness
            How To Improve Your Testosterone Levels Part 2 (studies cited)
            How to increase testosterone naturally (number 10)
            Basically: sex (and things that make you think of sex, or even just getting an erection, in some cases) releases oxytocin, this triggers the release of endorphins, which, in turn, triggers a slight increase in testosterone. This chain-reaction can even become a cycle, with higher levels of testosterone leading to stronger "happy hormone" boosts, meaning greater testosterone boosts are triggered by the "happy hormones". This more than compensates for the dopamine in the long run. Your body is basically rewarding you for thinking like a sexually-active alpha. ;p
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

            --
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
              Hmm, good to know, I will open up the zipper and roll it out when walking alone in the sunshine hereafter...

              Maybe keep it for more private locations. lol I don't think the park or a public beach would be smart, for example.
              --
              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

              --
              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
              I'd apologize, but...

              Comment


              • #37
                When the cops pull me over for indecent exposure and ask why I was at full "herald" to boot.....

                ....cause 8-1/2" of exposure makes more Vit D than 5" of exposure. It's a medical condition, officer......

                Jeebus, I think we just found a new market for Viagra and that dreaded 4 hours.

                Comment

                Working...
                X