Best minimalist shoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best minimalist shoes?

I train pretty heavily as a baseball player, and I think it's time to switch to minimalist shoes. I was looking at the NB Minimus Zero and the NB Minimus 20v2 Cross-Training. I like the zero drop, but was curious how they would hold up with a lot of movement exercises, sprinting, and heavy lifting.

My NB Minimus are holding up pretty well. I tried doing some running in them and something about them caused ITBS in both of my knees. I have gone back to my VFF which have not caused me any issues. So now the Minimus has been relegated to weight lifting duty and casual shoe.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

I love my Vibram Five Fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Metric View Post
        I love my Vibram Five Fingers.
        Same here.. tried bouncing around to a couple different minimalist shoes as they have come out (all with zero drop) and always end up back in a pair of VFFs.

Comment

Just picked up the Vibram Komodosport's and love them already!!

Comment

I run in the Merrell Trail Glove. Love this shoe! Highly recommend it.

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook
            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

6 pair o vibrams...and love every one:-)
              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Ok I've got:

MT00
                MT20
                VFF KSO
                VFF Bikila
                Merrell Trail Glove

Absolute favorite shoe: VFF Bikila it does just about everything. It's my walking shoe, running shoe, lifting shoe, hiking shoe, trail running shoe.

The MT00 is good at one thing though, trail running. Very light, good grip, just enough protection for nasty trails. It sucks in the gym, road running or cross training. No real lateral stability, actually somewhat unstable shoe. So I do wear it for nastier trails.

I quit wearing the Merrells, they don't seem to conform to the foot as well, gave me some toe pain.
                "Go For Broke"
                Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                Small Kine-168/9%
                Now- 200/8%
                Goal- 210/6%

Comment

I love Altra's minimalist line. The Adam and Eve, The Samson and Delilah. I'm barefoot almost always, but when I'm not (serious trail running, obstacle courses, etc.) these are it. Gender specific build, great construction, awesome ground feel, flexibility and ventilation.
                  You don't have to be sick to get better.
                  Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                  Primal start: 1/2/2012
                  My Primal Journal
                  Living, loving and learning.

Comment

I wear vivobarefoot EVO's.. I just can't get used to the toe "finger" feeling..

Comment

My toes are LIKE fingers enough already (Morten's toe) and so the build of VFFs doesn't work for me.
                      I liked them for a few days, and then suddenly they started pulling hard on my pinky toe and rubbing off the toenail - Basically VFFs are awesome if you make sure that they fit you perfectly. Otherwise they can hurt.
                      I have a pair of Merrel True Gloves I like - but I've replaced those with some NB Minimus that I do like. They aren't the zero drop, but they have held up to over a hundred miles of trail running in the 5 months I've had them.
                      I hope to get a pair of Altra Adam's or Sampson's soon so I've got more options! Good luck!
                      ~It's All Relative!~
                      34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
                      Fitness Blog - Instagram
                      Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

Working...
                      X