Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negative result after visit to the DR! Advice would be appriciated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief"

THIS.

Four years ago I herniated two discs (L3/L4, L4/L5) and the pain was acute. I had the steroid injections for about a year and they were amazing. Fast forward to this year and the pain came back but none of the injections were even touching it. The docs said sorry, nothing we can do, told me I had DDD and it was going to keep getting worse till I needed surgery. Then somebody on MDA mentioned this book, and subsequently I discovered it's actually myofacial pain syndrome and NOT the discs causing the pain and nerve compression. After just a week of treating the trigger points in my lumbar region I can actually handle sitting down. HOLY CRAP is it a big difference. I've also found a bunch of trigger points elsewhere that seem to be contributing.

That's 2 points for me and 0 for the doctors (they missed my Celiac's for 10 years too!)

Comment

Great advice. I second the chiropractor, ditching the grains and the trigger point stuff. I also had great success with Airrosti for a shoulder problem.

Comment

The Trigger Point Therapy book looks very interesting and I will be checking it out for sure - thanks for sharing

Comment

I have a young friend who was very much in the same boat you are. She suffered from chronic back pain, was diagnosed with arthritis in her back and told she could no longer participate in triathlons or ride horses or rock climb. Needless to say, she is a VERY active person. She also cycles for fitness several times a week. She took her life apart and examined it and made changes and tweaks in her diet, the way she exercises, her bed, etc, and began seeing both a chiropractor and an acupuncturist. The only thing Western medicine had to offer her were pain pills and the advice to give up her active life before she even had a chance to really live it. She now still does everything she used to, in moderation, eats a VERY clean and healthy diet (she is one of the people who inspired me to change my life) and travels for a living. She does have days where her back hurts, don't get me wrong. But she is managing it.

I am sorry I can't be more specific, but I know that this doesn't have to be the end of your athletic life. For one thing, we ALL have arthritic changes. I have broken my back twice and I can bet that I have some stuff in there that would look pretty crusty on an x-ray. Someone mentioned changing your diet to reduce the inflammation in your system and that's a good place to start. I hope you find a path that works of for you. Good luck!
          Last edited by isbolick; 06-25-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I don't know if this might be useful, but it might be something for you to look into.

I've been researching vitamin K2 and it is related to osteoporosis and joint health. I read something about it and rheumatoid arthritis (MK-4).

Maybe something to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by pushme View Post
              Have had back problems for a very long time now and the dr has confirmed that I have Osteoarthritis in my spine.
              So sadly he told me there is nothing to fix it, sadly this is a degenerative disease and I'm on 28
              Also he said I have to 'slow down' and be careful at work and activities now! So sadly no running, power walking, cant swim cause it hurts my back - what else can I do guys?
              I'm a physically active (addict) person so what can I do now?

Thank in advance!
              Osteoarthritis is a inflammation of the joints and is considered a wear and tear disease. It is one of over 120 forms of arthritis.

The bad news is that your doctor is a total idiot!!!

The good news is that it is pretty simple to treat.

To start with this is a problem with joint, not bone deterioration. It is important to differentiate this because bone regeneration is dependent on a lot more nutrients than cartilage, although the required nutrients for cartilage are the same as for bone.

I suggest reading these first:

Nutrients for cartilage formation

Health Benefits of Diatomaceous Eartth (DE)

Gkucosamine-chondroitin or building blocks?

The main things I would focus on are food grade diatomaceous earth or some other silica-rich source, vitamin C sources and plain gelatin. These will provide most of the building blocks. I also recommend a collagen stimulator such as the herbs gotu kola or eupatorium (boneset).

Comment

Working...
              X