Making weight and competing in BJJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the help!

Btw, would it be better to eat dinner about 2 hours before practice around 4 pm and then train from 6:15 pm to 8:45pm* and then have an egg white protein shake with almond milk immediately after practice and then go to bed around 10:30 to 11:00 pm? Right now I am eating a small snack of tuna jerky around 4 pm (or not eating anything at all if I'm not hungry), going to training from 6:15 pm to 8:45 pm and then having dinner and then going to bed around 12:00 midnight. By adding in the protein shake I could get some nutrients in my body after I workout so I'm not tempted to eat a HUGE meal after training and I can get to bed earlier. Would this make any difference for dropping some fat?

*Monday, Wednesday- Beginner Class: 20 minutes of calisthenic warm-ups, 40 minutes drilling technique AND Advanced Class: 20 to 30 minutes of calisthenic warm ups, 30 to 40 minutes of drilling technique, 30 minutes of live rolling.

Comment

1) 1/2 of a sweet potato will have almost ZERO affect on your ability to lose weight.

2) You've pretty much got it nailed. 1 gram of carbohydrate needs 3-4 grams of water to be processed by your body. Salt also increases water retention.

3) Cliff bars a great option for a high calorie-to-volume food.

Check it out if you still have questions.

I wrote a good overview for cutting weight at same day weigh in bjj tournaments on my site BJJWeightCut.com

Comment

Working...
      X