No announcement yet.

Marathon training and Fat Loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am doing a half marathon March 10th, first one primal. I have done two before, very excited about it. I hopped on the site to see if I could find some support and this thread is exactly what I was looking for .

Runbikelift, when is your marathon? All these replies with great info are very exciting.

P.S. As you can tell I am still pretty stoked about all the cool information I am finding on this website.
    Give all of yourself, expect nothing in return, you cannot fail.

Comment

I'm training for my first and probably last marathon at the end of Feb. A few times after my long runs (10+ miles) my stomach is upset for 4-5 hours and I have to stay close to the restroom. Has anyone experienced this and know how to stop it from occurring? I'm not drinking anything but water and eating Stinger organic energy chews during the run. I really appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by finishstrong View Post
        I'm training for my first and probably last marathon at the end of Feb. A few times after my long runs (10+ miles) my stomach is upset for 4-5 hours and I have to stay close to the restroom. Has anyone experienced this and know how to stop it from occurring? I'm not drinking anything but water and eating Stinger organic energy chews during the run. I really appreciate your feedback.
        The honey Stingers may be causing the stomach upset. Honey has this effect on some people. If you are doing your long runs as slowly as you should, you probably shouldn't require gels or the like. However, this will depend on how acclimated your body is to using fat as an energy source. Also, it's very common for people to run their long runs way too fast.

If you're running this marathon at the end of February, you must have been training for some time already. Can you tell us a little about your running experience, training plan and pace? That will help also.

Comment

Originally posted by Livnfree View Post
          I am doing a half marathon March 10th, first one primal. I have done two before, very excited about it. I hopped on the site to see if I could find some support and this thread is exactly what I was looking for .

Runbikelift, when is your marathon? All these replies with great info are very exciting.

P.S. As you can tell I am still pretty stoked about all the cool information I am finding on this website.

Hi, mine is the beginning of May...

Ok here is a question- I am trying to stay within the fat burning heart rate zone, which I understand, but in regards to when it goes higher and switches to burning glucose- what if we don't have glucose in our system? I'm eating paleo and limiting carbs, etc, so if I dont have the glucose, will I then burn fat despite my heart rate?
          Overweight athlete going PRIMAL

11/4/11
          SW: 228lb
          GW: 160lb by August 2012

11/24/11- 222
          12/30/11- 229
          1/7/12- 225
          1/17/12 (2 weeks into Whole30)- 218
          5/15/12- 218 (Need motivation to eat a clean Primal diet!!)

Comment

Working...
          X