No announcement yet.

Too skinny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, Grandma. You don't go by "Nana," so I think your opinion can be trusted!

I highly doubt anyone on this forum that is eating and exercising primal is "too skinny." The only truly borderline malnourished people that I have met (that have adequate access to food) are vegan marathoners. And they probably think that we're too big, so go figure.

My BMI is at the upper end of the "healthy" limit and people sill chastise me for being too thin. It is sad how many people do not recognize the difference between muscular and "skinny fat."

And I totally agree that family can be the worst with the "Omg, are you eating? Are you ok?"...especially grandmothers!

Comment

I've been getting the same thing, too. My BMI is 24 and that's about what my body fat percentage is. So obviously i'm no where near wasting away. Yet i still have family members saying i shouldn't lose any more weight. I think it's mostly that people get used to seeing at a certain size (i was 180 lbs.). Recent aquaintances, on the other hand, tend to look shocked/repulsed if they learn that i was 50 lbs heavier. They're used to how i look now and they would find it distasteful for me to look heavier.

Comment

Just a thought...

Maybe because so much of our population (at least here in the US) is overweight, those of us who are actually the "correct size" look too skinny compared to what people are used to seeing.

Comment

That's pretty much it. I have by far less body fat that all but maybe 2 people in my office...

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
          Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
          Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Agreed Diana and Tarlach.

The one person here in my office who (instead of encouraging me) criticizes me for being healthy (WHAT THE.....?), meanwhile she emerges from her office with 5 Diet Cokes a day and is the biggest 'Sugar Pusher' I've known.

The only other 'lean' people around here follow, pretty much, the same diet and exercise routine that I do and that's MAYBE 2 or 3 other people (did I mention that I still have 20 lbs to go!!! ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X