Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Question for Boxers and/or Martial Artists...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question for Boxers and/or Martial Artists...

Does eating primal hurt your wind (cardio) when you train? Just curious as I'm about to start training boxing. Thanks for any advice or tips!!

Nope. Do sprints once a week and your cardio will be fine.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Right on man, thanks. What MA do you do, GC?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyno View Post
        Does eating primal hurt your wind (cardio) when you train? Just curious as I'm about to start training boxing. Thanks for any advice or tips!!
        Nope! As to your follow up question; although i know you were addressing GC, I'm taking Judo/MMA/Jits, and Muay Thai. I also do my primary art of JKD on the side
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Hurt? More like help. I don't kickbox anymore except to play around and get some exercise on a bag, but if I had known how to eat like this when I was younger... I did get a friend of mine who competes in grappling to switch to primal and he swears it's the best thing he ever did to get in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt3R View Post
            Hurt? More like help. I don't kickbox anymore except to play around and get some exercise on a bag, but if I had known how to eat like this when I was younger... I did get a friend of mine who competes in grappling to switch to primal and he swears it's the best thing he ever did to get in shape.
            I concur!
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I used to do Krav Maga and would love to get into it again.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Going high-carbs helps me a lot with BJJ. I recuperate faster and feel better. I'm very active though, and pretty lean. I generally eat low-carbs without thinking about it, and my performance starts to diminish a lot after 4-5 days in a row of grappling if I'm not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Winterbike View Post
                  Going high-carbs helps me a lot with BJJ. I recuperate faster and feel better. I'm very active though, and pretty lean. I generally eat low-carbs without thinking about it, and my performance starts to diminish a lot after 4-5 days in a row of grappling if I'm not careful.
                  What he said. You need to make sure you keep your carbs up post workout (assuming you train at a high level) and the meals afterwards to recover properly and actually have energy
                  http://realcareerguidance.com

Comment

Frank Mir just switched to a Paleo-style diet after a failed vegetarian experiment. He feels much better.
                    -James
                    Just a n00b

Comment

I think it helps my cardio. I definitely feel lighter when I am rolling and less to move means less energy

Comment

No issues here.

I do sometimes eat a piece of fruit ~ 2 hours before I train if needed, and it gives me a little energy boost. I also drink watered-down unsweetened ice tea with some lemon or lime juice as well to add a little pep to my step. :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X