Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High CPK and high Creatinine...from exercise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High CPK and high Creatinine...from exercise?

My levels were a tad high on a random blood test I took. Didn't get a lipid panel, but everything else was perfect. I had fewer RBC's than I was expecting, but everything besides the CPK and Creatinine was within parameters. Is that sustainable in the long run? To always have high CPK and Creatinine?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

When was the last time you worked out before that blood test? Most likely it was from working out, unless you have a kidney injury.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but wouldn’t those two just be a result of eating meat? At least the creatinine? I’m pretty sure that’s just what creatine gets metabolized into…or it’s a by-product of it or something similar.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Your kidney's job is to filter that out and keep your levels normal. So eating meat wouldn't raise it above normal. Elevated levels of CPK are a result of muscle injury, either on the small scale (working out) or large scale ( crush injuries, trauma, etc). Or if your kidney's are failing then you will see elevated levels of creatinine and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) .

Comment

Yeah, but they were only marginally high, and I bicycle to work every day. But I wouldn't be surprised if my kidneys were ticked off. I drink tons of water when I can, but in the middle of the work day (when this blood was taken) I just can't afford to pee every hour. Well, I guess it's something to watch for on my next physical. I'll take it easy for a few days before the draw and get a realistic resting level.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

That would be the best approach to figure out your baseline. Don't work out for a day or two before your lab draw. If you still have elevated CPK, then you may have something to worry about.

Comment

Working...
            X