Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we ask to unite PB for Fitness / for Athletes threads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we ask to unite PB for Fitness / for Athletes threads?

Just a proposal - topics seem to get mixed up, and many would fit into both anyway. What do people think?
    http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

separate in my opinion. i am always in the Athletes section because of the nature of my training. I like the primal fitness stuff...but very rarely do I get to fit it in. It's nice to be able to just go to place where I know I am going to encounter other marathon runners or the like...that also eat primal.

But discussions about Mark's recommendations for the fitness program that best compliments his version of the paleo diet are in their own section...and that is helpful to newbies and not-athletes.
    Our primal family journal.

Comment

Originally posted by happyprimate View Post
      separate in my opinion. i am always in the Athletes section because of the nature of my training. I like the primal fitness stuff...but very rarely do I get to fit it in. It's nice to be able to just go to place where I know I am going to encounter other marathon runners or the like...that also eat primal.

But discussions about Mark's recommendations for the fitness program that best compliments his version of the paleo diet are in their own section...and that is helpful to newbies and not-athletes.
      Agreed. They sometimes have topics that are relevant for both, but I like having a separate area for people like me who have been athletic(ish) for most/all of their adult lives. The fitness section is, IMO, geared more towards PB fitness, which is not something that I do normally but it is great for people that want to change.
      People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

I'd prefer to see them combined since most posters aren't good at figuring out the difference between the two and the subjects don't follow the category very well.

Gordo

Comment

Separate, definitely. The Primal Fitness section is for people following the Primal Blueprint. The Primal Athletes forum is for people who do other things, but still eat primal and require advice on training tips, etc. It would be way too confusing if these were combined.

I think if people can't figure out the difference, maybe the moderators should help clarify things and move threads to the proper areas.
          Christine
          Wag more, bark less

Comment

This

Originally posted by Andtckrtoo View Post
            Separate, definitely. The Primal Fitness section is for people following the Primal Blueprint. The Primal Athletes forum is for people who do other things, but still eat primal and require advice on training tips, etc. It would be way too confusing if these were combined.

I think if people can't figure out the difference, maybe the moderators should help clarify things and move threads to the proper areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Andtckrtoo View Post

+1 I vote separate... I think its good for them to be separate....
              The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
              What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
              SW 190lb
              Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
              GW ~135lbs
              5'3"
              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Working...
              X