No announcement yet.

What do you eat after training?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to eat plenty of protein - wherever I can obtain it: eggs, beef, lamb; and a side of veggies. I sometimes have a batch of berries.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

1/2 lb of grass fed beef sauteed in coconut oil over a bed of arugula with half an avocado and various other veggies. Sometimes Ill have two scrambled eggs w butter if im really hungry. Even with that Im still hungry three hours later. No carbs for me, trying to lose those last 10. sometimes refeed days on weekends.

Comment

I usually have the Whea protein from Costco and add almond milk, a banana and some blueberries. Is this okay??

Majestic

Comment

banana, from what I've read here so far, isn't that ideal. I would say, if you want a potassium fix, I recommend coconut water, or juice.
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Today, my husband and I had Greek meatza with a salad of shredded coleslaw mix with Asian dressing. We ate it about 40 minutes after our workout.
            Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Karate Lisa View Post
              Thought I had read somewhere that eating sugar or high fat post work out was counterproductive. Anyone else know about this?
              Actually meal timing is completely irrelevant, just hit your goal macros for the day and you will be a-okay!!

God I'm starting to sound like the bros on the nutritional section forum at bodybuilding.com
              Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by irishhandgrenade View Post
                I started going to a local mma gym near my work. After I train I am hungrier than a MOFO. Last night I was so hungry I ate like shit. I didnt care. What does everyone eat after training?
                BBC iPlayer - Frontiers: Muscle Wastage

Comment

To summarize all the responses, it sounds like the answer to the question "what should I eat PWO?" is lots of primal food, maybe with some good carbs. If you're going for quick an easy however, the coconut milk/protein/cocoa shake sounds good and quick.
                  "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Comment

Quick question, I am trying to loose the dreaded 'last 10-15lbs' that are NOT budging. I am a 5'6" female, currently 140, was 125-130 most of my CW adult life.......I maintain and build muscle fantastically, but the BF ain't coming down unfortunately (thank you Viking heritage). I've really mainted quite a bit more muscle since going Primal, but now with the fat now really melting my clothes dont fit at all, ugh.

Currently having lean protein cooked in coconut oil and veggies PWO, should I be incorporating some starchy veggie to my meal on heavy lifting days (I train hard, weights 3x week, sprints 2-3x week, lots of walking)? I am a bit apprehensive to try full carb cylcing with just the last 10lbs to loose, so any suggestions would be apprehiated!
                    You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                    Margaret Thatcher

Comment

Originally posted by jennachica View Post
                      Currently having lean protein cooked in coconut oil and veggies PWO, should I be incorporating some starchy veggie to my meal on heavy lifting days (I train hard, weights 3x week, sprints 2-3x week, lots of walking)? I am a bit apprehensive to try full carb cylcing with just the last 10lbs to loose, so any suggestions would be apprehiated!
                      I think it would only help considering how much you train. I too was scared of carbs but after incorporating them, my results (mood, bodyfat loss, muscle gain) were better. I eat TONS of potatoes (probably ~200g of carbs worth), some fruit, and lean meat post-workout. Check out Leangains for more info.

Comment

@jennachica You also might want to look at your body comp percentages. I know there's a danger zone with respect to having too low of a BF %.

Comment

Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                          @jennachica You also might want to look at your body comp percentages. I know there's a danger zone with respect to having too low of a BF %.
                          True, I'm having it done on Monday so I'll report back then and go from there!
                          You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
                          Margaret Thatcher

Comment

My ideal PWO meal is a grass-fed NY Strip, baked sweet potato and a big salad with EVOO-based dressing.

Getting protein is never hard for me...it's usually the veggies that are the challenge for some reason.
                            iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Comment

Originally posted by GrockinOut View Post
                              Actually meal timing is completely irrelevant, just hit your goal macros for the day and you will be a-okay!!

God I'm starting to sound like the bros on the nutritional section forum at bodybuilding.com
                              Hahaha
                              Post workout nutrient timing is actually very important. You have about a 45 minute window post workout where your muscles are most open to adaptation. Depending on what type of workout you just did that could either be an increase in added muscle or mitochondria etc. Especially after a hard workout, your muscles are in a catabolic state and if you want to switch to an anabolic state you need to get in nutrients. The best way to stop catabolism is by increasing insulin as it is a very anabolic hormone. Thus, post workout it is actually beneficial to consume some type of simple sugar. I'm not saying eat a whole loaf of white bread, but a low fiber high sugar fruit like banana or kiwi or orange is extremely beneficial.

Comment

White rice pudding made with coconut milk with scoop of whey powder and a handful of trail mix. Delicious and works perfectly!
                                http://realcareerguidance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X