Gluten free and the best in the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten free and the best in the world

I don't know from tennis but this was an interesting article: Novak Djokovic's Gluten-Free Ascendancy - WSJ.com

No one says paleo or primal but I'll consider it good publicity anyway.

"But no one would have predicted what has transpired since January. Djokovic's season has gone from good to great to outrageously, impossibly, unrealistically phenomenal. In an age when even small sports achievements can get enormous hype, there's really no superlative to describe what the soon-to-be 24-year-old has done this year."
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Yes, I read about him in another article (Is a gluten-free diet behind Djokovic's smash success? - Tennis, Sport - The Independent) it's good to see this sort of thing in the mainstream press

Comment

Thanks! Just sent to a friend. He lost 90 lb on Weight Watchers and gained a lot of it back. Could not hear me when I talked about gluten-free and then PB. Recently I ran into him and he's doing gluten-free to heal some tendonitis! This will encourage him I think.

Comment

It's like this Paleo / Primal thing works.....
        My Blog

Comment

I posted this in my journal this morning ... and I know tennis
          Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
          Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
          CW: 146.8 lbs
          GW 140 lbs
          A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I read about that as well. He has been dominating Nadal and Federer lately on all surface courts. I think he is like 37-0 this year. Just think about how great most athletes would be if they had optimal nutrition.
            "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

@Balance, we have seen first hand what 'The Cream' can do for you. Might as well tune your body so you generate your own HGH for free.
              Great story. He is on an impressive streak for sure.
              My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
              www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
                @Balance, we have seen first hand what 'The Cream' can do for you. Might as well tune your body so you generate your own HGH for free.
                Great story. He is on an impressive streak for sure.
                Lol GLJ that is so true. But for paleo's that would mean bacon and full fat cream as opposed to Barry Bonds' "The Cream"
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
                  Lol GLJ that is so true. But for paleo's that would mean bacon and full fat cream as opposed to Barry Bonds' "The Cream"
                  I am pretty sure I know which one tastes better.
                  My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                  www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Interesting article, but what is gluten free steak? Grass feed opposed to grain feed?

Comment

I was ticked off, though, that the writer addressed the subject as if gluten intolerance was just a mental thing. If you think the diet is helping you, then you have a mental edge seemed to be the thesis.

Comment

Bumping this in case anyone is following Wimbledon. Djokovic has made it to the semi-finals... I heard the name and thought "isn't that the gluten free tennis guy"? Woo, now I know who to cheer for!
                        Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Ok, now he made it to the finals! Yay!
                          Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Gluten-free wins! I mean Djokovic
                            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

As if his prior success wasn't enough. Other athletes have to be looking at this and wondering if it will work for them.

"I felt like an animal. I wanted to see how it tastes. It tastes good," Djokovic said later, his eyes wide and his smile contagious.
                              Last edited by IvyBlue; 07-03-2011, 07:36 PM.
                              Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                              X