Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear blue/white Vibram Bikila's.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a pair of VFF's and was even thinking of wearing them at work (pretty laid back place). My only concern is that it's a concrete floor with commercial carpet over the top. In the past I've had shoes that ended up killing my feet by the end of the day (mainly dress shoes I believe). Any idea how these will feel basically standing on concrete 4 - 6 hours per day?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
        I just bought my second pair, Jayas, they are a lightweight slip-on and unlike my Komodos, they are really cute. Take a look at the red, white and blue ones. Jayas really are intended for indoors, when I walk on my crushed stone driveway they are uncomfortable. The Jayas ran one size smaller than the Komodos.
        I started a thread about this same topic last week when I was shopping for my first pair. Incidentally I liked the Komodos the best when in the store because I preferred the heel style of them over the sprints. I just didn't like the blue color and that was the only one they had. So I wound up ordering the white Jayas. I didn't know that they were really for indoor use which is a bummer.

Comment

You could go with either the KomodoSport as they are a little thicker then the KSO and have more of a tread that helps when outside. However if you want a more aggressive tread that would be better for hiking and trail running, as opposed to a running track or pavement, then the Trek might be up your alley.

Comment

More variety of Vibrams are coming out and it's becoming increasingly difficult to figure out which is the right one for you. The best thing you could do if you unsure or not fully convinced from the information on their site Vibram FiveFingers : Barefoot Sports Shoes : Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes then ask all your questions and be very specific at the store. I suggest a store that doesn't just have them in stock but a reliable store where you know the people there know what they're talking about. They'll know exactly what you need if you ask them. Imo, the obvious choice for trekking would be the KSO trek (duh) and for running which most work well with I think I'd go for the KSO for comfort and grip on wetter areas. Again, you gotta be specific to your salesman and where you'd be running, for how long, etc etc. They're not cheap though so an all around Vibram that's great for trek and running would be the Trek sport. Like KSO and KSO trek came together and had a love child. Btw this is all in reference for a male consumer

Comment

Try on as many styles as you can get hold of as they each fit and feel different.

Comment

I wear the KSO on outdoor hikes -- extremely comfortable.

Comment

Hey Tyler, just wanted to give a small report here about my VFFs... I have the treks, and ran in Warrior Dash on saturday. Be really really careful if you are running in mud, or water where you can't see the bottom, for the protection that is there, there is NONE for your instep.

After the 5th rock crushed my candyass instep I was one hurt puppy, and that's something you will get on a trail run.

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
                  I'm COMPLETELY new to this whole barefoot running and hiking (kind odd considering I gre up in mississippi haha jk) I recently started running again been running off an on for the past 2 years since I've been out of the marine corp...I was thinking about getting into barefoot running...I've been looking at the vibram five fingers...any suggestions on which style vibrams to buy? The KSO and the classic seem to be the top ones according to the reviews I've read....I need something for running AND hiking....or is it best to buy a different pair for each sport?
                  My Fitday public journal.
                  Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                  Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                  Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

haven't read through this whole thread.. but just thought I'd jump in...

If you're only looking for something to run in the five fingers'll probably suit you fine (if you don't mind the look)... But, if you're looking to do some sports, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Merrell barefoot series. They've been using vibram soles since before anyone ever even knew what the term was and I personally feel they are the best shoe I have ever purchased in my life. I use them for basketball actually, where there is a lot of changing direction and quick stops and explosions and the shoe grips well and performs great.

Comment

Working...
                    X