X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
    What did you get?

No doubt!

i got the komodo sport! I worked out in them today-i did experience a little bit of cramping in the beginning, but after a little bit, that went away. I fast pace walked for 5m. When I took them OFF, wow, different story! Feet are still a little stiff and legs a little sore. Feels great though

AND stylish

Comment

That's cool! I just bought the KSO's... I like them so far. Only wore them for a little tonight. Tempted to wear them to work tomorrow, but not sure. Maybe I will, but bring a pair of shoes to change into at some point.
      "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by mondawg View Post

i got the komodo sport! I worked out in them today-i did experience a little bit of cramping in the beginning, but after a little bit, that went away. I fast pace walked for 5m. When I took them OFF, wow, different story! Feet are still a little stiff and legs a little sore. Feels great though

AND stylish
        Ohhh...5m first time out, that one might put a hurt on..lol.

I have KSO's now, but I am eyeing some of the models with a bit more tread. Most of my time in the KSO's is on rocky trails in Colorado, and while they do okay when the trail is dry, if there is any moisture I am all over the place. I do love my KSO's, especially just wondering around town and for a lot of fitness stuff, but I think I might need to upgrade for some of the heavier trails.
        Erin
        Daily Vlogs
        Primal Pets Blog

Comment

IMO, get yourself a pair of LS shoes. The laces give extra room to move in the top of the shoe (good if you have tall feet or high arches) and they are closed over the top so you can wear them in colder weather easily.

Comment

Mine always give my upper calves the best workout ever! Only thing that can get them sore
            "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
            www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

I'll add another vote for the KSO basically for any activity. Just ran a marathon relay in them last weekend and do my heavy lifting always in them. It's nice to have that tight grip to the floor doing squats and dead lifts. One complaint is they are little hot for my taste, but could also do with the fact that its hellish hot all the time in central tx. i would prob wear them more if they allowed more air, so usually I'll just go barefoot or flip flops for every day walking around stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mondawg View Post

AND stylish
                I love my Komodos!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                  I love my Komodos!
                  I love mine too, they make me so happy!!

Comment

I'd recommend Ken Bob Saxton's book on barefoot running. I've been using some of his techniques, mostly bending the knees more, and have been progressing quite nicely.
                    Yesterday I was able to run 20 miles in Luna sandals and then an additional 18 miles in Vibram Treks. Feet feel great today although knees are a tad creaky. Should be able to run again tomorrow with no issues.
                    Oh, and nutrition on this run was canned sardines, fresh veggies, a couple hamburgers, and 3 shots of tequila. The tequila was probably a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Maleficarum View Post
                      but even after wearing them for months, i am not comfortable on rocky surfaces. I have only used them on your standard, relatively flat and clear hiking trail. They are incredibly comfortable (even if they do run small against other.
                      Komodos work great on rocky surfaces.

Comment

I just bought my second pair, Jayas, they are a lightweight slip-on and unlike my Komodos, they are really cute. Take a look at the red, white and blue ones. Jayas really are intended for indoors, when I walk on my crushed stone driveway they are uncomfortable. The Jayas ran one size smaller than the Komodos.

Comment

I tried getting a pair, but it seems my size is in the minority .. i had to settle on Nike Free shoes
                          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

where ya runnin'? in a field, stick to bare feet.

Comment

I always like to stick to bare feet. But if I am to run on concrete, probably not. asphalt...maybe on a good day, where it's not so hot
                              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I have a pair of KSO's. I don't know the purpose for KSO's in particular, but they're SUPER comfortable and great for walking around my neighborhood and off the beaten trail in the woods! And they keep my feet quite cool no matter the conditions. No complaints here except they're a little tough to get on. The first couple days it would take me a good ten minutes of effort to get them on. Now, I can't say they slip on easily, but it only takes a minute or two to get them on. I seriously want a pair of VFF SPRINT's but I can't get that kind of money now.

Comment

Working...
                                X