Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint combined with gym and muay thai ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Blueprint combined with gym and muay thai ?

Hi

I've just started applying the primal blueprint to my life. Until now I have been going to the gym 3 times a week, and doing muay thai 2 times a week. My gym sessions often last 1-1 1/2 hours, where I'm doing only three different exercises, shifting between squats, deadlifts, presses, bench presses and power cleans. It is mainly the warmup for each exercise that takes a long time, and I don't know if it would be wise to skip it ? The muay thai classes are high intensity workouts for over an hour each. Right now I'm incorporating a few more exercises in to my training because of injury rehabilitation, but what I outlined is my standard workout schedule. I realize that according to primal blueprint standards this is overtraining. The thing is that I would very much like to increase in muscle mass (size) and also become good at muay thai. So does anyone have suggestions how to solve this ? If I remove gym training, I fear I won't have enough muscle gains, and if I remove the muay thai, I can't reach the goal that I want.

Thanks

Weird. I was literally just coming to post the exact same question. We just started training camp last week for a couple guys that are fighting in June. This is 2.5 hrs/night MWF, and I'm really having a hard time fitting in my LHT. I don't see being able to get a hard workout in on the same day as training, and doing it on the "off" days definitely seems like overtraining. We do some BW stuff during training, and I'm still sprinting 1x a week, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on an important part of PB.

Comment

Take a look at my MMA strength and conditioning blog. The following article would be useful:

MMA Strength & Conditioning: Olympic Lifting for Mixed Martial Artists
      Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
      Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
      The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
      Brute Force Sandbags
      www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
      http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

I think that's fine. Just eat more and make sure you're getting plenty of sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X